Randsburg Hotels

Our Members Say

• Yaqui profile photo Yaqui
  • Reviews: 4658

Randsburg Inn: Quiet and Quaint

This looks like it would be really neat to stay here. Although, I have not, I wanted to add what is available right in the downtown area. I think it would really neat to wonder up and down the street at dusk to catch the sunset or sunrise in the morning. These historical building hold so many secrets and stories. I sure wish we could hear some of them.

Yet, as luck has it I found some secrets this wonderful establishment has. The original building was a theatre. Orpheum Theatre opened in 1897 by Joe Petrich. It was the hub of entertainment with dances, plays and even had a gymnasium downstairs. Then it was known as (Joe) Woodwards Dance Hall from 1899-1903 till a fire destroyed this building. Then another building was errected the same year and became Marguerite Roberts "My Place Dance Hall" from 1903-1907 till her death. Then sometime around 1922 it was refitted to be a commerical hotel by Mrs.Artibe.

They have a antique shop Cowboy Bob's Curio Coral in the lobby. Plus they have a HORSE HOTEL available. Please Call for additional information.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Road Trip, National/State Park, Historical Travel
  • Written September 27, 2007
Tip Photo

• Yaqui profile photo Yaqui
  • Reviews: 4658

The Cottoge Hotel: Beautiful, quant, and quiet

When ventured over to the entrance, we were queried by some guest of the hotel if they could help us. I asked if I could get some literature and was immediately invited by the proprietor’s dear friend. As it turns out the proprietor could not be found so his friend showed us around the hotel. What a lovely little jewel located in the vast hills and desert landscape. Although it is surrounded by a very unique community, it impressed me to see that someone took on the task so lovingly to preserve and create an absolutely charming place of relaxation that reflects the days of a past era. The rooms that exist in the main building are small but each come with their own bathrooms and are each decorated elegantly. The rooms that face the back street come with their own deck and privacy. There is a deck in the back entrance, which was being thoroughly enjoyed by the proprietor’s guest. It has a really wonderful tea room and gift shop filled with lots of different antiques. They have added one other cottages right next to them that can accommodate at least 6 people I believed and cottage comes with a front porch that faces the street so you can just relax and enjoy the atmosphere.

• Opinion of Price: about average