300 N Harbor Dr, Redondo Beach, CA 90277

CrownePlaza.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 34% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Gillybob's Profile Photo

Restful relaxation

I spent a three night, weekend break here in early November 2008 whilst taking a trip down the California coast. I have quoted rack room rates below (not price per person) but was happy to book for my stay through www.hotwire.com where I managed to get the room at just US$75 a night - a great bargain. Quite possibly because of this, my room was situated at the rear of the hotel and had no view of the coast but rather into the suburb of Redondo Beach itself. This didn't bother me as I'm not booking a hotel room based on the view (in most circumstances).

This hotel is standard Crowne Plaza fare and the rooms are large and have the usual facilities including cable TV, bathroom provisions and daily newspaper. In addition, a relaxation gift pack is provided on arrival.

The room would be excellent for business travellers as there is a well-proportioned desk where laptop's can be set up with electricity and internet connections.

The hotel is situated within easy walking distance of Redondo Beach marina where there are a selection of restaurants.

Within two blocks of the hotel walking inland, there is a small shopping centre with take away restaurants, chemists, book shop and other shops.

Public transport for local beach towns runs adjacent to the hotel whilst buses to LAX (with onward connection to Los Angeles and Santa Monica) are within a four block walk.

Unique Quality: Front facing rooms have a great view over the harbour. The hotel facilities include a spa, outdoor pool, gym, shop and tour desk.

Directions: I took a shuttle from LAX to the hotel for US$20.
    For my onward journey, a took a taxi to Los Angeles Union Station which cost US$70.

• blaird's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel near the Pier

I haven't stayed here, but my sister's family did a couple of times when they came and visited us. They like dit a lot, since it is walking distance to the pier, and there are some close food choices for family eating.

Also, her family loves pools, and there is a great outdoor pool on top of the hotel. It is unique and kept up nicely. It is a little more expensive than some other choices, but way less expensive than a bunch of hotels in the area.

Unique Quality: Good views from the balconies.
    Nice pool on top
    Decent sized rooms
    Great location

• krizt's Profile Photo

A great place to stay in Redondo

Great location. Walking distance to the water and great restaurants right across the street.

Unique Quality: Everyone was very friendly here. It's very clean and has a great view of the marina and ocean. Also little balconies so you can sit outside and enjoy the ocean air or listen to the sea lions barking in the waters.

More about Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach And Marina

Dining by the sea!

by Gillybob about Ruby's Diner

Ruby's Diners can be found all across the United States of America. This one was conveniently situated across from the Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach and Marina which was my hotel for my stay in Redondo Beach. This made it very convenient for breakfast.

Like most diners in America, this offers a selection of standard menu fare. I had the two eggs with bacon breakfast and a coffee.

Good value food and a great menu selection is what Ruby's Diners are all about. Each Ruby's Diner is slightly unique. They all have a track running around the restaurant in the ceiling. This one had mobiles of fish running along the track.

Could have been better

by TripAdvisor Member NCCatch222

I stayed at this hotel February 20-25 because it offered a competitive rate and was a reasonable driving distance to LA. I encountered one problem with housekeeping at this hotel. After a long day of sightseeing I got back to the room to find that my room had not been made up. I called and alerted housekeeping of the problem. They apologized and said the room would be made up first thing in the morning. In the meantime I asked them to bring fresh towels and soap to the room. At checkout the housekeeping mishap was mentioned to the front desk clerk. The end result was that $18 was taken off the hotel bill.

really good hotel

Stayed here for the first time 2 weeks ago. Good postition for access to the marina and pier. Plenty of resturants within walking distance as we do not drive in the US this is important. Good pool area available. The rooms were well decorated and quiet only strange part was the folding doors on the bathroom. We used the resturant attached to the hotel for breakfast, good service and an excellent range of food.

One of our favorites spots in the Universe

We have been staying at this hotel for approximately 7 years now. We have relatives in the area, and find this hotel to be one of the best compared to others with an ocean view, easy walking to both Hermosa and Redondo piers. The only time we were inconvenienced (room not ready) the staff comped us with free drinks and appetizers in the restaurant. We love sitting out at the restaurants outdoor patio and watch the people walk, ride, blade, and drive by while sipping on our favorite cocktails. We take our boys with us, and they rent skates and bikes across the street for the day so they can cruise the strand at Hermosa.
Going back again this June, and we can't wait!

Nice, good price but terrible bed

by TripAdvisor Member Muhlyssa

Can't beat the location, the hotel is nice - slightly older but nice, clean, friendly staff.
We had a king deluxe ocean view room (Entertainment Card rate $119 per weekend night). Room was spacious, bathroom nicely appointed and large. Self-parking is $14 per day. Walking distance to good restaurants and pier

My only complaint was the bed in our room 2096 - most uncomfortable, overly soft hotel bed I've ever slept in. I woke up each morning with a backache. Not sure if all of the rooms have beds like this, as they are promoting their special sleep program and the signs in the lobby claim that the beds are all new. I kind of doubt the bed we had was new, I have a feeling they haven't gotten around to replacing all the beds.

This hotel is large, so I suggest you request a room closer to the elevators if you don't want to be walking forever to your room.

Good value, location

Concur with what many others say here...good location, little dated. I thought my room was decorated tastefully and had very comfortable bed. Walking distance to many good restaurants. Breakfast buffet at splash is above average.

The best was the outside pool/spa area. Very big and clean with little cabanas. Tennis court also. Beach view. Great to relax at the end of the day with a drink.

I had a room on the back facing the street. Very loud if you have the slider open. I would make sure I had balcony next time facing either front or to the side - I think worth the extra $$ to get rid of noise. I have stayed in all the other hotels in the area because I travel there on business - this is the best.

Nice property, great stay

by TripAdvisor Member iavagabond

I just returned from a week at the Crown Plaza in Redondo Beach.

The property is very well maintained, the staff is very pleasant and helpful, there are seveal great restaurants within walking distance (Bluewater Grill is excellent, Cheescake Factory is about a block away), the rooms were adequate to above average (nothing special but very clean and updated).

Enjoyed a massage while I was there and it was among the best that I've had. The spa did not seem very busy, however.

The only negative is the minimal activity at Splash, the hotel's restaurant. But they have very tough compeitition from off property establishments. The food at Splash is average at best.

Comments