435 S Pacific Coast Hwy, Redondo Beach, CA 90277

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 52% more and rated 14% lower than other 3 star hotels

• This place is a DUMP!

I booked through a site who said this was a 3 star place. So I figured I was pretty safe on where I booked. It looked a little sketchy on the outside, but it was only for the night and I figured I would at least check it out. Standing in the lobby I notice a sign on the wall warning of harmful chemicals in or around the building that may cause cancer. Having had cancer twice this was quite a concern. While waiting to check in a homeless man with blood on his face pops in the door and asked for some water. Not sure if this is a regular occurrence. Get my room keys and drag my stuff up the steep incline from the dungeon garage and up a flight or so of steps. I suppose that qualifies as the exercise room in this fine 3 star establishment.
    Got in the room and it was disgusting. Bend light fixtures, cracked walls, gross bathroom. If this place is 3 star then a crack den must be at least a 2 star. Sat down on the bed to figure out what I was going to do and immediately my body starts itching. Other reviewers have said that they saw bed beds. I didn't see any, but my body was itching like crazy.
    Called the company I booked with and the guy(Frances) was so nice and helpful. He spoke to the woman at the front desk who said I needed to speak with the manager. He offered me another room which was much better than the original. But still with bend up light fixtures. Skin still itching, I declined it and just asked for my money back. The manager directs me to the front desk and quietly disappears.
    Now the woman at the front desk is telling me she has to talk to another manager. Apparently, not the one who just showed me the room. Frances is on the phone trying to get my refund. The front desk woman is telling me they don't give refunds. No where is that on my receipt. Then she says it is their policy that I need to cancel 24 hours before I book. I made the reservation about 1 hour before I checked in. She also tells me that the manager I need to talk to isn't in and won't be for a long time. I offered to wait. Then she says that person won't be there until tomorrow. And I can either take the room or take the L and check out. Seething, itchy, and tired, I just check out. Jesus himself couldn't get me to stay there. It was a horrible place with horrible customer service and the fact that a company would want to be affiliated with that dump is beyond me. Stay away from here! You've been warned!

Unique Quality: Well the homeless guy was scary. As is the parking garage. The customer service was awful.

More about Redondo Beach

MOTOR OR SAIL THIS IS MARINA HEAVENMOTOR OR SAIL THIS IS MARINA HEAVEN

Fearless VT'er or Salty Dawg?Fearless VT'er or Salty Dawg?

The Good Stuff gangThe Good Stuff gang

Signing up chalk art participantsSigning up chalk art participants

Travel Tips for Redondo Beach

Rent a sailboat or learn To Sail

by trvlnurse

This one is on my "To Do list" and I cannot hardly wait Sailboats range in size from 20 to 51 ft. in length. Smaller sailboats are also available for hourly rentals at low rates. Marina Sailing also has a few power boats, ideal for fishing or for a quick trip to the islands. Each ocean craft is impeccably maintained and fully equipped for cruising. You may select from a variety of popular late-model boats with marine barbecues, fully equipped galleys, inflatable dinghies, wheel steering, stereos, hot showers, furling genoas, inboard diesels, and a complete array of marine electronics

Tonys fish market, not a fish market

by malianrob about Tony's on the Pier

There is actually two Tony's on the Pier. One is Old Tony's with the birds nest bar on top and the other is new Tonys. They are both located on the Pier and are owned by the same owner. It is a family owned business and has been around for a long time.
I used to work right above new Tonys and I would eat here often. I used to work in the attorneys office above the restaurant and the attorneys had tabs here so every now and then they would say "why dont you go and get some dinner and put it on my tab." It was awesome.
Inside of new Tonys is kind of dark, romantic and offer grweat views of the Pacific Ocean. I am not a seafood person so I always get the steak, huge baked potato and steamed veggies. I was never let down, as the food was always good.
Alot of the people that come here to New and Old Tonys are locals and regulars. I would see the same people over and over.

New Redondo page

by blaird

"Former Home"

I lived here for a while during my time in california. It was the favorite place I lived of my four SoCal locations. With that in mind I should probably put together a few tips about the good stuff for the traveler. Also, we had a lot of visitors, so I know some about the concerns of travelers to Redondo.

Comments