7432 Reseda Boulevard, Los Angeles, California, 91335, United States

More about Howard Johnson Express Reseda

Great Staff nice rooms

by TripAdvisor Member Brats

We were traveling with 2 teens and stayed here for 2 nights
The rooms were spacious and very clean flat screen TV great bathrooms
Front staff were very helpful
My only complaint was that while we were there their internet was not available.
Breakfast was served till 10am it was the usual coffee,Tea,Juice, Toast,Bagels.......not anything to get excited about but its there if you want it-----our rate for 2 nights was $180inc

Amazing Hotel for the Price

by TripAdvisor Member ddlztto

We just got back from our 4 day stay at the Howard Johnson Reseda. After reading a few of the reviews, I was a little skeptical in booking a room. I was on a tight budget and decided to take the chance. We started our trip in Vegas and stayed at the Excalibur hotel and found it to be a dump. We then drove over to LA to finish our last leg of our vacation.
We walked into the hotel and we were taken care of quickly and efficiently. The hotel staff also let us know that breakfast was being served every morning.
The room was clean and looked rather new. It has an LCD TV and refrigerator as well. The hotel staff was friendly and polite and always kept our room clean. The hotel is also located next to a pharmacy which was convenient as well.
All in all the stay here was amazing. The best bang for your buck!!! Highly recommended.

Best value in the area

by TripAdvisor Member Bailar

We decided to take a weekend road trip to LA and after a thorough search of hotels in the area, we found this hotel to be on the cheaper end of the spectrum. The only place I saw for cheaper (about $2 less per night) was the Motel 6... which doesn't come w/ breakfast. After reading the other TripAdvisor reviews, I figured that since the place has recently been remodeled, it'd be a great deal. And that turned out to be correct.

The rooms looked very nice. I especially like the 3 ft fridge in the room so that we could keep our sodas cold and store our leftovers. The neighborhood isn't the best, but they do have a parking lot in the back that is kept pretty secure. I also liked the free breakfast because there was a decent selection -- apples, oranges, slices of bread and bagels to toast w/ cream cheese and jam, individual containers of cereal (raisin bran or frosted flakes), small danishes, and tasty muffins. For beverages they had coffee, tea, orange juice, apple juice, and milk.

I think the most negative thing I can say about the place is that the doors in the room seem a little thin. We were easily able to hear people talking outside our room. Fortunately, we were very tired both nights, so we were still able to fall asleep pretty easily.

We loved the Howard Johnson's in Reseda California

by TripAdvisor Member MomVicki

We are from Miami and stayed at the Howard Johnson's on Reseda Boulevard for a week (through the Labor Day Holiday). We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel had been renovated recently and the rooms were clean, had flat screen t.v.s, free access to WiFI and the bathrooms even had granite countertops. The breakfast was adequate and helped stretch our budget, great for families. The staff was friendly and helpful (particularly a gentleman named "Dave".) He was always smiling and assisted us in locating area beaches and malls (even providing maps and directions). The hotel was located near expressways and near plenty of fast food restaurants. We would stay there again.

Great Hotel for a Great Deal!!

by TripAdvisor Member jamiecdebaca

Great Hotel! Our room was extremely clean and VERY modern with granite countertops and a flat screen TV. The staff was friendly and helpful. We will definitely be staying here again and again!

Great Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member jeminired

This place is updated, clean, and spacious. The manager is also very helpfull and friendly. I changed my room 3 times(no fault of the hotel), and no one was annoyed, they just wanted me to be comfortable. There is a drug store next door and a small market on the other side. If you need to do laundry though you will have to go only about 3 blocks down to a very clean laundrymat. Nice flat screen TV.

Best Price Best Service Include Everything

by TripAdvisor Member saeed100

No question and wait, it is best deal include all which possible you can find in city and be relax and enjoy your trip.

I had a very good experience with them.

Reall nice hotel !!

by TripAdvisor Member fabts

I was looking for a nice not too expensive hotel in a safe area and I definitely found it. The room was clean with a flat TV screen and cable; the hotel itself was nice as well. And the last but not least, the parking is included so you never have to worried about finding a parking place. I will for sure stay here again.

good job for an older property

by TripAdvisor Member camelob

the management has done a good job renovating and upgrading an older property; the room was clean and well organized; this is a reasonably priced and located smaller motel in the L.A. area. The surrounding neighborhood has a lot of options for dining and shopping, but the guest has to realize that this is Reseda, CA, so it is surrounded by busy city streets. I recommend it as a reasonable location for business travelers, but not necesarily for people with large families/parties or small children.

What a gem!

by TripAdvisor Member farnborough46

What a great find. This hotel is attractive inside and out. It has been recently renovated and it shows. The lobby was bright and pleasant and a waterfall behind the lobby added a nice touch. The rooms were very clean, spacious and the decor was very attractive. The flat screen tv carried more cable channels than most, and the rooms had refrigerators, coffee makers, ironing boards, a large desk with great chair and good sized bathrooms. But beyond this was the cheerfulness and friendliness of the staff. Everyone from the manager to the maintenance staff were friendly and very helpful. It actually felt like "coming home". Everyone said hello and went out of their way to be helpful. I stayed during the recent LA fires and I discovered that some of the staff had to evacuate their homes. None of this affected their hospitality - in fact, if anything, it made them even more courteous. Add this to the extremely reasonable rates and the convenience to the 405 and 101 freeways and you have a gem! I for one will be returning and will recommend this hotel to all my friends. Do yourself a huge favor and choose this as a place to stay.

Comments