4480 Rocklin Rd, Rocklin, CA 95677

More about Rocklin

Moving to Rocklin

by pmshaffert

Hello All,

I am moving to Rocklin shortly. I have never visited Rocklin, but my husband position is moving us there. We plan to make a few trips over to Rocklin before we buy a home there. Any advice as to, where is a good area in Rocklin to live. We also are thinking of Loomis. I noticed on maps that there is one or two railroads that run through Rocklin. Are they loud? I am guessing that buying a house near railroad tracks may not be a good idea. Any thoughts or insight into the area would be much appreciated!

by dougnpeggy

There are many decent places to live around Rocklin (Rocklin itself, Loomis, Roseville). I think you can tell enough about the areas by looking at them. If you have kids, then schools will be one of your criterias. All in all, the area is quite nice, a bit hot in the summer, but close to the Sierra Nevada. Good luck on your move.

by ChrisThao

Rocklin can be labeled an upper class scale community. I have no doubt whatsoever that you'll love it there. That part of the Sacramento Valley is the fastest growing region in the U.S. Easy freeway access (although congestion is becoming a problem). It really is a great town to raise a family in as it is peaceful and quiet there. Rocklin is situated right there on the motherlode. I suggest a home in the Clover Valley area - more secluded.

Bottom line is, I honestly don't think you can go wrong at all living anywhere in Rocklin even if close by the railroad tracks. I believe their ordinances are pretty strict regarding "noise pollutions," so you should be alright. But you might want to double check up on that in regards to possible changes, etc.

Hope that gives you some idea of what to expect and welcome to Northern California!

Loomis is a bit further out into the country settings.

by pmshaffert

Thanks for your input. It is just me and my husband moving up there, no plans for kids yet. We will probably head over there (we currently live in Monterey) this weekend to talk with mortgage brokers. I noticed online that there is a new housing development going up called Whitney Oaks Ranch. Any thoughts on that development?

Comments