3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Doubletree' Hotel Sonoma Wine Country

What a great find!

We were really pleased with finding this great hotel for our first stay in the wine country. The staff was great (always gave us printed directions for where we were asking to go), accomodations were wonderful and the location was perfect for what we wanted to do (Bodega Bay, wineries). The hotel was very elegant and the rooms were clean and very modern. My husband loved the chocolate chip cookies at check-in. Rohnert Park was a nice little area to be based out of. I would stay here again and again.

Boy am I sure glad I made the right choice

by TripAdvisor Member novicevacationer7

Just came back from my trip to Wine Country. I was debating on staying at either the Hilton Sonoma Country in Santa Rosa, the Sheraton in Petaluma or this hotel. But boy, am I glad I made the choice to stay at the Doubletree. It was a surprisingly nice place (not like Caesar's in Las Vegas), but nice. Obviously not new, but they did some great renovation jobs (you could still see issues in some places), but most of the surface area looked great.

It’s right next to a golf course (so nice and peaceful), with some convenient businesses nearby (Safeway, Albertsons, Starbucks, on the next exit) and a few restaurants within walking distance to the hotel (Latitude – get the appetizer sampler, and Café de Croissants – yum!).

We had free cookies upon check-in, complimentary wine and cheese tasting Saturday night, and everyone was SOOOOO nice. I don't think I met once person that even looked at me or my sister w/o smiling. We also met the nicest man at the wine tasting, who gave us good advice (drink water in between tastings) and then we found out he was the manager!! How fantastic is that to have even nice hotel managers. You can't beat this place. (I almost don't want to tell people how great it was, because I want to keep it my secret). =)

We had room service (we had a craving for ice cream 10 minutes before room service was closed), and they brought us ice cream with chocolate sauce even though it wasn’t on the menu.

If you're planning to visit Sonoma AND Napa, I'd stay here. Here was what confirmed my decision, if you stay at the Doubletree, you'll have to pass through Petaluma to get to Sonoma/Napa (CA-116). If you stay in Santa Rosa, you'll have to pass through Rohnert Park, then Petaluma to get to Sonoma/Napa.

Petaluma is 8 miles closer, but since the Sheraton didn’t have much around it (Just the hotel and a Starbucks a mile or so away), it was an easy decision.

Wine Country tips – bring some food with you in the car on your drive to the wineries. Many of the wineries DO NOT sell any food. At least crackers or cookies to help soak up some of the alcohol.

Room details: $169/night + 14% tax (stayed on the 3rd floor over looknig the courtyard)
Room service: $8 dollars for ice cream! (we knew it woudn't be cheap)
Internet: $10/night.

Great hotel, excellent location

by TripAdvisor Member Jules88

We have just returned from a 5 night stay here after the first part of our holiday in San Francisco. The hotel was excellently located within the wine country and it was an easy drive to reach wineries, Sonoma and Napa. We (family of 4, two children aged 8 & 10) had one room with 2 double beds. The room was large and had patio doors opening to a shared balcony. The room was a little dark but otherwise good, very clean and plenty of space. The pool is a good size with plenty of loungers and was rarely busy (in the week we were usually the only ones using it). The pool was however on the chilly side - though it did seem to warm up during the week. The staff were very helpful and always greeted us as we came in and out of the hotel. They were able to help with directions and suggestions of where to go.

The cookies at check in were a nice touch and we were luckily given an extra supply when we were going out one day. The children were given Doubletree backpacks which were excellent and had toys and activites inside.

The area the hotel is located in has lots of chain restaurants - probably 15 or so within a 5/10 minute drive - whilst these are not everyones cup of tea they are the sort of places we eat while on holiday with the children (Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Fresh Choice etc) and it was very convenient to have them so near. There are also two shopping complexes nearby - one anchored by WalMart and the other by Target - again handy if you needed anything. We did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the food there.

Overall a great hotel for a very reasonable price in a central location for exploring the wine country. Would definitely recommend it.

Don't expect to sleep well

We always stay at Hiltons so we thought we would try Doubletree. We never will again. This hotel was very poorly constructed. The walls and floors are not well insulated. We could hear water flowing through the pipes in the wall at all hours. We could hear people talking (at normal volumes) in the halls. We could even hear people walking around in the room above us. We asked the manager to move us to a room on the top floor because the footsteps above us were keeping us awake. Instead of apologizing for any inconvenience, he became argumentative. He told us that our premium room rate did not necessarily guarantee us a quiet place to sleep. After 20 minutes of discussion, he did finally offer us a room on the top floor. But, since it was a "luxury suite" we would have to pay the rate difference, which was substantial. Because of the noise and this manager's lack of consideration for guests, I suggest you find other accommodations.

A Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member stephanie23

This is a wonderful hotel! I stayed for a week, on business, unfortunately, and was completely satisfied during my stay. I had a fantastic "lanai" room that was perfect for early morning coffee with a newspaper, and a glass of wine in the evening. The service was outstanding - from check-in to housekeeping to the waitstaff in the restaurant. The community of Rohnert Park is a friendly place with every store and restaurant I wanted within 15 minutes. I will definitely be back to enjoy this hotel and community for a relaxing weekend.

Comments