Days Inn Sacramento Downtown

228 Jibboom Street, (formerly Capitol Inn), Sacramento, California, 95814, United States
Orbitz.com Booking.com DaysInn.com

Young's Vineyard, Amador CountyYoung's Vineyard, Amador County

F-86 Saber from the Korean WarF-86 Saber from the Korean War

sacramento restaurant?

by kevin-fortuna

can anyone recommend a good restaurant in sacramento? am traveling there for the first time this week. near the airport would be good.

kevin fortuna

----------------
Kevin Fortuna

by Jamesr3939

Depends on how much you want to spend. If money is no object there is a Morton's in the K street mall. Otherwise, Old Sacramento has many great restaurants and is a fun place to walk around. There is a murder mystery restaurant, a paddle wheel boat restaurant which also does dinner theater, and a comedy club. Both locations are only a few minutes from the airport. If you are looking for a reasonable place just for food then just south of the airport at I-5 and Richards (northeast side) there is the Rusty Duck. Good food, nice bar, and great view of the river.

by FabienneCA

Hi

I liked the dinner on the boat Delta King, in the old town.really good meal and nice food... nice price too ;-)

I also liked the buffet in Hyatt Hotel... i cant remember the name of the street.. but it's in one of the 2 main streets, around the Capitole.really easy to find.
I found it was a nice place to stay,good food, and helpful people

HTH

Fabienne

by ChrisThao

Also you may want to try the shopping plazas right off Truxel Rd (off freeway 80) there close to Arco Arena as there are a lot of good eateries there as well. This area is even closer to the airport than Old Sac area is.

Travel Tips for Sacramento

This great neon sign looks like the ''COOL '' 50's

by Waalewiener

Yes just like that ,the neon signs looked so
'' Cool '' in the 50's 60's.
Yes I am old enough to remember ,I did not live in North America then but I sure watched the old movies and commercials in our old Movie Theaters in the Netherlands . This '' Landmark '' Tower Theatre & the Tower Cafe was a lot of fun to see .
And the gardens around it ,fantastic.

There's nothing quite like a fall day ..

by va8eha

spent in Apple Hill - wandering the apple orchards, sampling local produce (apples, pears, pies, cider, etc.), wine tasting, taking photos ... I once came home with more produce than I usually buy in a visit to the grocery store - fresh, too. During the peak of fall, you can park and ride a bus that goes between all the orchards - there're about 25 of them. It's about a 40 minute drive from Sacramento, and well worth the trip. If you have kids, they'll love it! There's miniature corn mazes, horse rides ..

Best Mexican Food in Town

by Zandra about Ernesto's

Ernesto's was just around the corner from my boyfriend's apartment...so we went there quite often. If you like Mexican food, this is the right place!!! The food's excellent (huge portions) and so is the service. I've tried several of the dishes and everything was good, but my absolute favorite is the 'Carne Asada' - marinated top sirloin thinly sliced, grilled with fresh onions and spices. Served with guacamole, pico de gallo and hot homemade flour tortillas. Also the Fajitas are delicious..., and even if you normally don't like Tequila, you ought to give the frozen strawberry Margarita a try!!!

Check out Ernesto's website for the complete menu!!!

I have a million favorite...

by politigal

I have a million favorite restaurants, one of which I just had lunch at, so I decided to add it to my list. Tower Cafe has wonderful 'world cuisine'. I had the jerk chicken, which is fairly authentic I thought, having had it in Belize. My hubby had fish and chips, but you get your choice of fish, which I think is really cool: salmon or traditional cod. Parker (my son) had bread which he tore to little shreads and scattered about the floor.
Wonderful patio and wide ranging cuisine. I like to go here with a group of people becasue no matter what their tastes, they will something to satiate them on the menu at Tower. Nice wine selectio, terrific beer selection. Go for lunch or dinner or brunch on the weekends. I'd have to say the jerk chicken....SO GOOD!! But they also have an incredible Chinese chicken salad (now I don't know if this is authentic, being that I didn't have any salads that I can recall while in China lol!!)

Inside the RailRoad Museum

by hollysnails

Inside the Rail Road Museum there is old model trains. Real Trains one of the orginal "Lady" train from the movie. Really nice and Big 3 stories I think to see everything. A actual set up of a dining car with china.

Comments