Delta King Hotel

Tags

Luxury Travel Historical Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities

gave away our reservation

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 16, 2012

I have stayed in the past and ok good location Fun Town.I reserved a riverview room 4 days prior and my room was given to the people in front of us who had no reservation.It was 4 o'clock so we were not late.We were given the dock-paddle view room without even a discount.Finally offered a 10% discount but did not want to stay in the worst room on the boat when I reserved the better riverview room plenty of time in advance.I was told no other rooms were available they were sold out.They said they were sorry it was all their fault but nothing could be done.I was offered to check out now and get a refund with a smirk on all three employee faces one being the Manager.I was so discusted I left town and drove 2 hrs away to Tahoe where I had no problem getting a room and had a good night out with a nice dinner and entertainment.Too bad I couldn't have done it in Sacramento and won't in the future.I was assured a room and they dropped me when I got there totally screwing up my plans.I have never in my life written any kind of review and never plan to again.These are bad people that really don't care they were just glad to see me go and I was reasonable at the time.They seemed to find joy in making me miserable

There is no place better

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 6, 2004

We stayed onboard the Delta King for July 4th. It was a great place to stay, it could not of been better. We had a river view room, we had a fabulous dinner and the fireworks were just on the other side of the river. We could feel the Boom of each one as the went off. Definitely the best firework experience ever.

Pilothouse restaurant was fabulous and was the server Alice. Started with the Clam Chowder, New York Steak and Cioppino for entrees and Creme Brule for desert. Very reasonable wine list. We bought a bottle of wine for $20.00 less than we had in Tahoe the week before.

This was a great place that I recommend without hesitation!

Unique Quality: Being on this old boat in the heart of Old Sacramento. Shopping near by, Train Museum, Towe Auto Museum. There was lots to do.

They have 2 theater productions on the weekends. We will try them next time and report back.

Directions: In Old Sacramento, Take I-5 to J Street and follow the signs

Historic, but not always honest

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 3, 2004

This is an interesting historic hotel. The rooms are small, but nice, and are on the 2 top decks. They have a bath and new, firm matress on the bed.

My main complaint is they are dishonest. I paid $25 extra a night for a so-called "Riverside" room. But it was really a corner room facing the dock (#521). The only view was if you stood up at one side of the room and looked out 1 window. Buyer beware--have them show you where the room is before accepting it and don't take any corner rooms if you paid extra.

Unique Quality: There's a free continental breakfast in the dining room each morning. Valet parking is available. They have a fun dinner theatre and regular theatre on the bottom deck. At the front (bow) there's a restaurant and a lounge with live music

Directions: Take I-5 to Old Sacramento and head west to the waterfront on Front St.

Christina_C's Profile Photo

There are numerous hotels and...

by written on August 26, 2002

There are numerous hotels and motels to choose from in Sacramento but for a really special time, try the Delta King. It is a real riverboat anchored out on the Sacramento River. Well anchored, I might add, so you should not worry about getting motion sickness. Along with its many guestrooms, it has a lovely restaurant called The Pilothouse (Very yummy!) and a great bar. They also have live theatre but call ahead for the schedule.
On Saturday night, you may sit out on the deck and enjoy fireworks over the river.
Located throughout the King on the Promenade, Observation, and California decks, hotel room rates range in price from $119 to $139. Fridays and Saturdays are $169. Riverside rooms are $15 extra.

Unique Quality: A wonderful deck you may enjoy on warm summer evenings and you are right in the middle of Old Town Sacramento so there is sure to be something for everyone.

Directions: From Interstate 5 in downtown Sacramento, exit on J Street, and follow the signs around the block into Old Sacramento. The Delta King is on the Waterfront at the intersection of Front and K Streets.

Nearby Delta King Hotel

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Sacramento Travel Forum

Need advice about Sacramento, California? Visit the Travel Forum for Sacramento and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sacramento hotel reviews