Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Auburn Blvd.

2230 Auburn Blvd., Sacramento, California, 95821, United States
Hampton Inn & Suites Sacramento-Cal Expo
Booking.com Priceline.com Tingo.com

More about Sacramento

Old Basement door, on the Underground Tour, Old SaOld Basement door, on the Underground Tour, Old Sa

front of paesanosfront of paesanos

Vic's Ice Cream, SacramentoVic's Ice Cream, Sacramento

A-10 "Warthog" attack planeA-10 "Warthog" attack plane

How to get to downtown Sacramento from San Francisco Airport if I don't drive?

Hi,
How do I get to downtown Sacramento from San Francisco Airport if I don't drive? Is there a coach I can take? Trains? What about cabs?

I am not american, and would probably get lost if I try to drive in the US.

Thanks for all advise.

by DSwede

I did this a few times before I had my own car. There are buses you could take, but they are not always the most comfortable. And manytimes the lavatories are not clean.

San Francisco has a few train stations, and Sacramento has two. I suggest you get yourself to one of the San Francisco stations and just take Amtrak. Cost will be about $20 each way. The train will take you ~3 hours because if I remember correctly you will transfer in Emeryville.
www.amtrak.com

You can also take Greyhound bus between the two cities. Time is approximately 2h30 minutes, cost is $15~20.
www.greyhound.com

RE: RE: How to get to downtown Sacramento from San Francisco Airport if I don't drive?

by picknick

Thanks very much for the info DSwede, I'll have a look at both options.

by jwpotter

Hi,

Don't know if you have taken your trip yet, but here is how you do it:

From the San Francisco airport take BART, the local light rail line to downtown San Francisco...you want the Embacadero stop. Then, at the Ferry building, find the Amtrak office (this is the passenger train service). You can buy a ticket there and they will put you on a bus to Emeryville where you will take the train to Sacramento. It will take 2 to 3 hours on the train.

In Sacramento we now have a light rail connection at the train station which just opened this week. Therefore, depending on where you want to go in Sacramento, you have some options.

Hope this isn't too late....Jim

Thank jwpotter.

One question, from BART Embacadero stop, how can I get to the Ferry Building? Can I walk?

by jwpotter

Hi,

Yes, it is right across the street. In fact, I am just leaving for San Francisco in a few minutes and will take BART into the city from Richmond. I will check the exact directions. It could be that taking BART to Richmond and changing for Sacramento would be better. I will email you tomorrow.

Jim

by picknick

Thanks again Jim. Keep me updated when you are back.

Travel Tips for Sacramento

old Sacramento, eight square...

by eugenew2

old Sacramento, eight square blocks of restored 19th century buildings housing an assortment of museums, restaurants, shops and the permanently moored riverboat DELTA KING. Lots of daytime and evening activities for all ages. Sacramento is an oasis of trees in the rather arid central valley. The best first view is seen when entering downtown from the West on Capitol Avenue. The Capitol Mall is a scaled-down version of the Mall in Washington, DC and is a worthy venue for the Capitol of California.

Free Jelly Belly Factory Tour!!

by Betje

About a 45 minute drive from Sacramento is the famous Jelly Belly Factory. The tour is free!!!! You get taken around the factory with a birds eye view of how the Jelly Belly goes from nothing to the fabulous gourment jelly bean I love to eat!!!!! And at the end you get a free small bag of Jelly Bellys (so you get to walk away with some of the great jelly beans even if you don't want to spend the money in the store). You even get to see great pieces of art made out of only Jelly Belly jelly beans!!!

Nice Cafe with good variety of food.

by Waalewiener about Tower Cafe.

We just had a drink here but i found this review .A variety of entrees is featured for lunch and dinner, ranging from seafood such as grilled swordfish (plump and flavorful), to spicy Mexican carnitas. For dessert, the bakery provides exceptional cookies, among other mouth-watering cakes and pastries. During lunch, the patio is usually crowded. If you want to sit outside, expect a wait.

Fun Sushi

by LionPrincess about Mikuini's

I was lucky enough to visit this restaurant twice and each time I had the most fun. Both times we waited to get in and it was packed every time I drove by. My first suggestion is to sit at the actual sushi bar, because that's where the excitement is. Both trips I didn't really do any ordering, it's much more fun to tell the chef what you like and have them create something amazing. Every time a person comes through the door the chef's holler while they speed to make all the orders that keep coming in. It is also acceptable to buy the chefs a drink, or sake bomb as it is called (shot of sake dropped into a glass of beer). Everything about this place is fun and fast and there are smiles on everyone's faces. Also an idea to consider is the Mikuni Bus which can be rented for almost any purpose. Imagine, wine country and a sushi bus....what could be better. Haven't had anything I didn't like. The rolls are a work of art and are so good, it's hard to stop eating. Both times I left completely stuffed.

Old Sacramento

by einstein47

This is a great place to go to learn about Sacramento's history. You can take horse carraiges, though kind of expensive ($5 gratuity, but no other charges). Be sure to visit the taffy shop and the year-round farmer's market. Oh, and if you see a boat that says "Delta Queen" on it, hop aboard. The trips on it are VIP-only, but you're allowed to go in and check it out (just don't go there during or within 1 hour of a special event or trip).

Comments