Motel 6 Sacramento Southwest

7780 Stockton Blvd, SR 99 at Mack Road, Sacramento, California, 95823, United States
Red Roof Inn Sacramento - Elk Grove
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Sacramento

Assembly Chamber, California State CapitolAssembly Chamber, California State Capitol

California State Railroad Museum, SacramentoCalifornia State Railroad Museum, Sacramento

The entrance toward Old SacramentoThe entrance toward Old Sacramento

The State Indian MuseumThe State Indian Museum

Where do I live in Sacramento

by kentobrien

I have just accepted a new job in Sacramento, CA. I am a 26 year old sales professional and need your help in finding a trendy, hip area to meet others. The territories I cover include Florin, Elk Grove, Galt, Lodi, and Ione. I cannot venture too far north of Florin (within 20 minutes or so) considering I travel everyday by car. I have to move in 2 weeks so any advice is very helpful.

Re: Where do I live in Sacramento

by travelgourmet

Outside of Sacremento, life is pretty much a laid back area within a fifty mile range. Most of the areas are either gold country western or agriculture bent lifestyle. I do have one possible site to look at, My son, a veterinarian, is only 28 and enjoys the lifestyle of Davis, of course he spent 4 years going to vet school here, but he finds it close to what he likes, no big city rush, hip area due to the University and the graduate schools, lots of people to get to meet in his age bracket, and Sacramento is only 12 minutes away, he plays guitar and sings at bars and pubs when he isn't helping animals. I call him the "singing vet". Also the Napa Valley with all the wineries is only 40 minutes away. Florin, is about the limit on your request on mileage, 20, but it is closer to San Francisco for the real trendy, hip, and easy to meet people area. Davis has a website:www.davisvisitor.org Good Luck in your work position.

Travel Tips for Sacramento

Everyone we met in Sacramento...

by donovanel

Everyone we met in Sacramento not only seemed extremely friendly and helpful, but they really seemed to appreciate and genuinely love the outdoors. It was great enjoying all that Sacramento had to offer.

Just up highway 50 a bit is...

by politigal

Just up highway 50 a bit is Folsom Lake. It is a wonderful place to go with your family for a picnic in a quiet private cove. It is also a great place to go with 10 of your friends, 5 coolers of beer, a wave runner, a Mastercraft and a wake board or water ski. Folsom is the summer playgroaund for Sacramentonians, a perfect place to get into the water and out of the heat. If you don't have a boat and your not satisfied with hanging out on the shore, you can rent one here. http://www.folsomlakerentals.com/

Great Seafood

by Agraichen about Rudy's Hideaway

Probably once hard to find and hard to get to, but with the "new" highway and more advertisement, it's easy to find, though road construction can actually make it hard to get to sometimes. BUT it's worth the drive !! And judging from the bar and number of tables full, I'm not the only one that agrees...

(sorry bout the picture; I only had my cell phone on this trip) I suspect many will go for the lobster, but the fishermans plate is outstanding.

Lots and Lots of Camelias

by mcpangie

I took this picture near the Civil War Memorial Grove. I was tempted to crawl around under the trees and look for names, but the ground was muddy. There are something like 186 varieties of camillias in the Capitol Park. Does anyone know what variety this is? Please let me know and I'll update this tip!

And here in the Railroad...

by dutch_anna

And here in the Railroad Museum, in the shop, I met for the first time Rosie the Riveter. On posters and stickers. She is the symbol and the nickname of the women, who worked in the wartime industry in WW2.
Her poster 'We Can Do It!' was made by J.Howard Miller. Rosie has her own website http://www.rosietheriveter.org and a memorial in Richmond, CA.

I like Rosie. She remembers me of the Dutch women, who worked hard in 1940-45 to give food to their family and try to keep the house warm. Not especially in the war industry, but to 'keep the home fires burning'. In a way she reminds me of my own mother.

Comments