1230 J Street, Sacramento, California, 95814, United States

Sheraton.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 74% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• WulfstanTraveller's Profile Photo

Nice Downtown Hotel

This is a very nice hotel centrally located downtown only blocks from the capitol, old Sacramento, etc.

Unique Quality: It is a new conversion from the old, historic public market building (I remember seeing the work going on in the 1990s), with a high rise attached to it. The high-rise has the rooms while the old brick market building has the lobby, bar, restaurant, etc.

Directions: It's downtown.

• josephljtwrk's Profile Photo

Sheratons Grand Luck!

The Sheraton is a special Hotel with the finished quality of a Grand Marquee and place of Hospice wrought workers. One day I'll succeedingly invite you to my hideout where there are professionals and winners that have character and then skill and believe then that it is safe. Welcome to the most powerful decor in the neighboring town offering choices underestimatable by the waking and worldly different. Thanks for letting me stay a long while in your hospitable and ineptitude place of influence during my trial periods of life.
    Why Not?

Unique Quality: Nothing but a deal from here to eternity.

Directions: Located on J street between 14th and 13th street.

More about Sheraton Grand Sacramento Hotel

No Service and No responsibility

by TripAdvisor Member Jthomason

We have stayed several times. The last time, the service was rude, the management reiterated the poor attitude, and they damaged my car which after 10 months still hasn't been reimbursed.

They won't even return phone calls.

Very nice, great rate

I booked three rooms at the last minute on Friday Oct. 14, through Priceline at $65. I immediately called the hotel and requested non-smoking king beds which we were accomodated with when we checked in around 11 p.m. Lobby very nice, no problem with staff, no mention of Priceline. They put me on the members floor (22) though I don't think I received points.

Seattle Best coffee shop in lobby, Starbucks across the street. Best part was the parking; plenty of free meter right across the street; meters don't start until 8:00 a.m., otherwise $21. in hotel. Walking distance to Old Sac and Capitol. Website rate was $119.

Room very nice and comfortable. Good size, clean, and bed was very nice.

Cheers.

Marius

My Weekend Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member sun35

I stayed at the Sharaton Grand on "J" street in Sacramento from October 21 -23, and my room was a king and it was described as having "delux" bath amenities. I couldn't find anything that would be classified as a "delux" bath amenity. They did provide a hair dryer, but so do 99% of most hotels now a days. They provided a retractable clothes line in the shower so that you could dry your clothes. I guess that could be considered "delux". They also provided mini bottles of Pantene shampoo and conditioner. I guess that's the "delux" amenity. Other than that, my stay was wonderful. I found the staff to be warm and friendly and helpful. The room service was a tad slow, but they do emply that "it's there in 30 minutes, or it's free" rule, so that's good. I was able to walk from my hotel to downtown, which was maybe a mile and a half to two mile jaunt one way. It's a good way to get your exercise. Speaking of which, the hotel provides an exercise room which is open 24 hours a day. Even though I didn't use it, it looked like the equipment that you would find in your home town gym. The swimming pool is indoor and heated to 80 degrees and closes at 11 p.m. There are always taxis parked outside the hotel. One way taxi ride from the hotel to the Amtrak station is $10 and to go to Arco Arena will run you about $23, and they only take cash, not credit cards. If I find myself staying in Sacramento again, I will consider staying at the Sharaton Grand at 1230 "J" street.

Positive Night at the Grand

by TripAdvisor Member mersidoe

Spent one night at the Sheraton Grand. We had a very nice time. The rooms were clean, and the staff was very friendly. We didn't have an opportunity to try the restaurants.

We used the self parking across the street. No problems there, either.

Overall a very pleasant, easy stay. It's a beautiful hotel.

RIP OFF

by TripAdvisor Member monetgirl14

BE CAREFUL
I called the hotel to book a room and they told me that there we not any rooms available the operator told me to go to the sheraton website and book a room on there website (they set aside so many rooms for internet use). The operator stayed on line until I booked the room and told me that I would have 24 hours prior to check in to cancel the room I called 72 hours prior to the reservation and was told that once it is booked on line that there is no cancelation on sheraton website bookings. I talked with many managers with no help and no customer service what a rip off.
BE VERY CAREFUL OR JUST GO TO THE HYATT THEY HAVE A BETTER HOTEL ANYWAY AND HAVE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Great hotel...

by TripAdvisor Member Travelingtwin

We stayed over the Easter weekend, 2006, and would have rated it "excellent" except for the experience we had with reception. We arrived and were given the Club Floor room we had reserved but were not briefed about the Club lounge, hours or services available so had to go back to the front desk to get all the information. We also did not get Express check-out or morning paper as we are accustomed to getting being a Starwood Gold Preferred Member. The hotel location, room, views and quality of Club Floor lounge food/beverages were superb! The staff at the Club Lounge were also friendly and very helpful. Would probably stay there again since the property is only five years old and very well situated in downtown close to Old Sacramento area for restaurants and shopping.

Great hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member djssrca

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in early April. We were impressed with the hotel room and common areas, with the reception desk services, and the maid service. Really no complaints. The rooms are very clean and modern, with cushy comforters and lots of pillows ("Sweet Sleeper" bed). The lobby, restaurant, and lounge areas are very nice with plenty of seating and it looked popular with locals and conventions. We didn't try the restaurants as we had other reservations. Good advice from the concierge on places to eat. Best feature is location: a few blocks to the convention center, theatres, many restaurants, jazz clubs, brew pubs, and the State capitol. The riverfront, train museum, and Old Town Sacramento are easily walkable too. The pool is on the 4th floor, off the workout room (which looked very well equipped and spotless). While it's enclosed by the building on all sides, the pool area is actually outside, open to the sky. And since it was cold and rainy when we visited, we were not interested in a swim. The pool area is small and so I wouldn't recommend it for families whose kids mainly love swimming on a vacation. We didn't see a jacuzzi. The only slight negative I can think of is that the parking is in a public garage across the street, and the fee for self parking there is too pricey I thought. Overall though, a very nice hotel and we would certainly return there next time we visit Sacramento.

Rude staff and noisy hotel

The hotel was very noisy. The walls seemed exceedingly thin, and I could hear the movements of the people next to me. The service was terrible. We had to use the valet parking for the hotel (an added expense of $20+) per night, and the valets were extremely rude. We had difficulty pulling into the entrance of the hotel, and they made no attempt to help--merely watched out attempts with amusement.

I forgot to bring a toothbrush, so I called the desk at 9pm asking if they provided the service of giving toothbrushes to guests who had forgotten them. They cheerily replied that, of course, they did, and they would send someone up right away. Two hours later, I called the service desk again, and they finally got around to sending someone with the toothbrush. All in all, I will never stay at this hotel again.

Comments