1 Main Street, St. Helena, CA 94574
Harvest Inn
Expedia.com Travelocity HarvestInn.com

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Harvest Inn (1 Main St )

Think about what matters to you with a hotel room before booking!

by TripAdvisor Member OrlandoMLB

We just returned from a bike tour which included 2 nights at the Harvest Inn which was arranged as part of the tour. We seldom stay at "Inns" or "B&B's" or "historic hotels", so I doubt that I would have booked at the Harvest Inn.

First, the grounds are fantastic and very well maintained. I took the morning garden tour and thoroughly enjoyed learning about the plantings and the property. The masonary on the property is unique and very artistic.

The Harvest Inn offers spa services (but not full salon services). I had an excellent massage in the Redwood Grove, which was an outdoor cabana in a quiet and beautiful spot. The cost of the massage was less than I would pay at home, and really quite good! If you stay at the Inn, be sure to have a massage.

Our room was in the Rose section which is the oldest section. We were on the second floor, and if we were not fit people, the 2 flights of narrow stairs could have been a problem. Our room was huge - actually 4 rooms! Our room felt very much like an attic with low ceilings and little alcoves. There was a separate dressing area which was nice, and the bathroom had double sinks - BUT, everything was a bit old and musty!

If you like "historic", "quaint", "charming", and "unique" this is the place for you! We found it "old" for the price of the room. Since we were with a group, I know that all the rooms are different and that there is a new section that opened just 2 months ago. Most of the rooms have fireplaces, even though ours did not.

The Harvest Inn serves a nice buffet breakfast, but there is no restaurant and no room service! But, if you are in town to tour wine country, the breakfast is a good way to start the day!

While we will not return to the Harvest Inn, if you like CHARM, then this is the place for you! The staff is friendly and the location is convenient.

great wine country stay

by TripAdvisor Member topdown71

My cousin is a frequenter of the wine country and recommended the harvest inn. I was definately not disappointed. I had read some of the reviews and cannot fully agree with them. The staff was courteous and helpful. The grounds were beautiful. The room was spacious with a nice view of the vineyard. There was a slight smell of smoke, but what do you expect with a room with a huge fireplace? I called the front desk for some wood and there was a knock on the door within 5 minutes! The breakfast in the mornings was very good.
As far as other's complaints... the room was quiet, i didnt use the pool since it was nov., the construction was only seen while i drove to my room (i spent the day visiting the wineries so the workers were not a problem), and we chose to visit the fabulous restaurants in the wine country rather than attempting to order room service. There is a mini bar with a fridge in case you need a late night snack. If youre looking for a place to stay in the room all day and order room service and massages, then this isn't it. If you're looking for a romantic place to stay while in the wine country, you can't go wrong.
My only complaint is that the "spa" is a tiny room with a massage table. The masseuse was excellent, however.
I would certainly stay here again.

Lovely, relaxing weekend!

by TripAdvisor Member smerdlapgraslbinder

We very much enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Our room was lovely, particularly because we had a room with a view directly into the vineyard to the west of the hotel property. Sitting on the deck with it's hedge of old world white roses was most enjoyable.

I would happily spend more time here!

just okay

by TripAdvisor Member su432

This was a first trip to Napa Valley for our family. The hotel was nice, and the room was very large. The complimentary breakfast is great, as are the wine and snacks in the room. I guess we just expected the place to be a little more posh, and the staff a bit more attentive for the price.

Robert Keenan Vineyards, St. Helena, CARobert Keenan Vineyards, St. Helena, CA