Good Nite Inn Salinas

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

More about Good Nite Inn Salinas

Terrible & Rude Service

by TripAdvisor Member WallaceinHawaii

Had booked direct with Good Nite Inn web site. Called Good Nite Inn Salinas direct to cancel due to change of travel plans. Was told to cancel via web site, but did not see the edit view link. Emailed hotel, corporate email address without response on their part. Called corporate phone number only to be bounced to another site, placed on hold for over 5 minutes, then told to call back Salinas and advise them that it was company policy for the respective locations to take cancellations over the phone, but if no results then to call 1 800 corporate number and leave a message. Called back Salinas and was helped by a very nice individual. Emailed mgmt. requesting written confirmation of cancellation, and articulated dissatisfaction to Salinas. Received pretty heated reply from them clarifying the correct way to cancel a reservation on their web site. I would love to copy and paste my email to them, and the email I received from Good Nite Inn Salinas - it would I'm sure be a turn off for at least some individuals contemplating staying there.

Give it a miss!

by TripAdvisor Member davo292

My fiance and I stayed on night at the Good Nite Inn in Salinas as part of a three week budget trip around California. We stayed in budget hotels/motels everywhere we went and this was the only place we had a problem with. The rooms were clean but they were probably the smallest hotel room we had during our whole trip.

The problem there was that we just did not feel safe. There were strange going on's in the car park at all hours. Whenever we were driving into the car park and make eye contact with these random people just sitting in their cars they would speed off out of the car park - but then be back again just sitting in their cars a few hours later. We were so nervous that we had a chair propped under the door handle and my fiance had his pocket knife open and ready next to him in bed. At about 3am we were awoken by people fighting upstair - a short time later the police arrived to sort it out.

The next morning we were up early as we wanted to get out of here as quick as possible but went to grab a coffee from the breakfast room which was part of reception area. We were shocked by some of the other people who were around - people were walking around in their pyjamas, no shoes etc as if it was their own home!

We made a speedy exit out of Good Nite Inn Salinas and didn't look back!!

Good Nite, Bad Nite

by TripAdvisor Member AC0001

I have never written a review before, but I wanted to share my experience at The Good Nite Inn. The Inn seemed nice at first, but as soon as I walked into our room I was dissappointed. We requested a non-smoking room on the phone and when we arrived, but didn't get it. The bathroom and room itself had a bad odor to it. The blankets on the beds were questionable and the carpet was very dirty. We parked our Van in front, in a well lit area of the Inn, by the pool, and the next morning the side window of our Van had been smashed and our stereo was ripped out and our things within the van and been thrown around. So we informed the front desk and they pretty much just said for us to call the police. Nothing was done on their end. Overall, our family will never stay at another Good Nite Inn.

3 nights at Good Nite

by TripAdvisor Member Golf_Nut_Stockton

I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay not far from the Monterey peninsula. I never had been to Salinas before so I booked my stay at the Good Nite Inn using Expedia. The location was a little farther than I expected, but for the price, it was not a problem. I have stayed in other so-called economy price motels in the Monterey area and had been very disappointed for the price I paid. My first impression when I drove into the Good Nite Inn’s parking lot was very surprising. The photographs that were on Expedia’s web site were very accurate. From the outside your Inn looked well maintained and nicely landscaped. My check-in went very smoothly and was trouble free. The young lady who assisted me with some directions was very courteous and helpful. My room was clean, neat and odor free. However, my room was located facing the main street. Once I was unpacked and settled in, I noticed that all the traffic noise from the street was coming in through the front wall, door and window. The door had gapping openings around the edges of the door with no weather stripping or insulation. This lead to wind, cold and traffic noise coming into the room. At night, when trying to sleep, I felt like I was sleeping on the sidewalk next to the street. Extremely noisy! I probably should have asked for another room not facing the street. But I didn’t. I was unpacked, tired and settled in. By my third and final night I was pretty tired and some how slept through the noise. The bed was very comfortable, but the pillows were way too small. Other than the air conditioner/heater being loud and noisy, my stay went well. As I mentioned earlier, I have stayed at other so-called economy motels and paid a lot more. Though nosey, the Good Nite Inn did what I needed. I had a place to lay my head and a place to clean myself up at a very affordable price.

Yuck! Stay away!

by TripAdvisor Member Travelsuperfreak

This place is a pit! The carpet in our room was damp and smelly - I got extra towels (there were none in our room to begin with) and lined our walkway with them so we wouldn't have to walk on it. There was a brown smear on the wall above the toilet - I don't even want to think about what that might have been! I will never stay here again.

Does everyone in Salinas smoke?

by TripAdvisor Member bellamaya

Okay - it WAS the weekend for the Monterey Jazz Festival and everything else was booked out. I had to go to the night window to check in and noticed how thick the dust was around the window pane. I remember thinking that this might not be a good sign...

We got a smoking room even though we had requested a non-smoking room. We had to keep it because they were booked out too and we got in lateish. Just after our arrival a busload of high school music students came in. Kids running up and down the pathways looking for condoms, kids jumping on beds and yelling,

We kept the door open as long as we could and kept the fan on in the bathroom to try to get rid of the smell of cigarettes but it was everywhere. We sprayed room freshener, deodorant and perfume but the smell overpowered and stayed on our clothes.
The curtains stank, the bedspreads stank, the floor stank. For four non-smokers, it was not nice.

We left as soon as we could in the morning, with headaches. But we didn't pay much and Miguel at the front desk was helpful. He cautioned me to not check out unless I found other lodging first - which was prudent because every other place in town was full... I did appreciate that.

But try Rositas Armory Cafe at the Greyhound station for breakfast - it was absolute magic...

Another Yuck stay away

by TripAdvisor Member Nimblerich

Pictures on site tell the wrong story. Exterior is updated while rooms are dirty and stale. Front desk night window was friendly and personable and that is where our enjoyment ended. The room was cold and outdated. Cold because the weather stripping in room 136 is non existent. Needed to run the heater to compensate for the cold and that sounds like a freight train so we didn't get much sleep. Linens are old and are of over bleached sandpaper consistency. Bed was uncomfortable and old, squeaking with every movement. Bathroom wasn't half bad - mold was only in the corners of the tub where the linoleum was missing.

Excellent Value

by TripAdvisor Member tcrb04a1

This is an excellent value for the money. Nothing fancy but it was clean and confortable. Actually, we took a 2 week trip to California and this was the best value of the entire trip.

You get what you pay for

by TripAdvisor Member ttgbonks

Reading reviews from several different sites had me very wary of this hotel after we had booked it through Expedia. I found that I didn't have the same experience as most travelers. I think that the room was fine, realtively clean, but there are a few things that travelers should know.

The hotel is near a highway. We couldn't hear the traffic from the room, but then again we were in the back of the hotel -second floor, in the middle. The breakfast is small and people have to realize that this isn't a resort and you are getting something when most hotels offer nothing. Chances are that you are staying here for the price so if you want something more extravagant you are going to have to pay for it elsewhere.

Our comforter had cigarette burn holes in it and the pillows are non-
existant - just too small for me. Bring your own if you can. They only kept one towel in the room despite our three night stay so we used our beach towels which were more sturdy in the first place. The hotel is cheap in comparison to prices posted for similar hotels, or hotels in Monterey (where we were going) so you have to understand that it is a place to sleep and for the money, it is fine.

Here is where I had a problem: The hotel is situated in an industrial area and not in the "heart" of the town. This is a problem only because it appears that there is very questionable behavior going on in the parking lot. Cars come and park for a short time, another car meeting them for a short time, and then they leave. This happens quite a few times in the parking lot out of the sight of the front office. Draw your own conclusions, but after this happened four or five times a night, it was pretty obvious what was going on. You just never feel safe outside.

Bare Bones

by TripAdvisor Member MurrayClan

The room was clean, but the carpet was dirty, damp amd smelly. The bed was so hard it was like sleeping on box springs. The pillows were old, and flat. There was NO clock, NO coffee pot, NO microwave and NO fridge. There was also NO more free wireless internet (it's been deleted on the office brochures by hand with a black marker). You'll pay $3.50 per log-on. Want to make a "free" local call? You'll first have to hike to the office and put down a $10.00 dollar deposit. There is a laundry for the guests, but who would want to stay long enough to need to do the wash? The staff were very nice, but the hotel is not--not for the price. Stay there only if you have no other options.

Comments