294 E Hospitality Ln, San Bernardino, CA 92408

BEST WESTERN Hospitality Lane
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Priceline.com

• Great location!

Measures up to all Best Westerns--fridge, WiFi, microwave, free breakfast, inside corridors, etc. The ONLY complaint I have about this property is that the TV stations are SO limited. They advertise "Direct TV," but they only get a few stations and NOT my favorites like A&E, History, and SiFy.

• WORST HOTEL EVER

I'm far too much of a sucker for pics. Even though my dad's a photographer, I always go clueless on the fact that web photos, esp., are probably PhotoShopped. And if the pictures are from a business' site, the likelihood of representative photos being doctored is 1000%. Duh. But I fell for the trap & ended up in one... again. *sigh*

So... I walked into the room, which bore the grim stench of people who were probably hauled out by an undertaker. It was so cringe-inspiring that I had to break out my Renuzit, kept in the trunk for such occasions. But the competition found age the winner, as if my predecessor," Father Time's Up", wanted to teach me a digit-wagging lesson about endurance.

Yes, I would've relocated if the hotel weren't so convenient to my meetings; I made the trip in only eight minutes. But when I returned, I opened the door to a TKO of skunk AND convalescence, a putrid double-doozy.

I tried escaping the graveolence by sitting at the jacuzzi/pool area, situated on the corner for predatory eyes. To the hotel's credit, there was a mesh partial fence around the aquatic space to limit pervert-peeping. The gas station next door, however, is uncovered, so oglers can park & leer (& one creep did.)

On the plus side, the staff was sweet & friendly, & the guests kept to themselves. (A relief!) Breakfast includes pancakes, a refreshing break from the typical rubbery waffles. Sugary strudels & danishes tempt, too. The only thing missing from the AM bar here is the same thing missing from the "continental" offerings at most hotels: fresh-cut fruit.

Doesn't sound like the *end* of the world yet? I'll tell you what WAS: the fleet of mosquitoes, as if I were in swamp country. And, oh yes: the ant that crawled across my tum while I was in bed! Grody!

Between the pest farm bit, the decomposing gramps & wild skunk foot smells, the mold & broken fixtures, as well as the scant 16 TV channels, I wouldn't stay here if Best Western begged & paid me to stay in gold bullion, AND they told me Usher would be lying under the covers waiting for me. Well... alright, maybe to "come up" on bullion and... ;-)

Comments