Wigwam Motel

2728 W Foothill Blvd, Historic Route 66, San Bernardino, California, 92376, United States
Booking.com eDreams Priceline.com

More about Wigwam Motel

Must do Historical Stop

by TripAdvisor Member Sundance222

This was our first stop on a week long trip around LA. I have a wife and two teenage daughters with me on this trip. They didn't know about the first hotel until I pulled into the parking lot. They were blown away. We stayed in 6 different hotels in the 10 days we spent in the LA area and vegas. By far they talk about the Wigwam hotel the most. Our wigwam was #6 and was very clean but remember there over 50 years old so there is some wear. You've read about the small showers but its a cool place. The hotel area is clean and we felt secure but out side the gate and heading toward town can be a little rought. Head to the right out of town and its much better. Well worth the stay.

what a GREAT wigwam experiance we had!!!

by TripAdvisor Member anabellevidrio

my family and i stayed at the wigwam motel over easter weekend. we had the best time there. we were 5 families total, we drove up from san diego. as soon as we arrived we were offered coffee and dougnuts. our room was ready and we loved it. super comfy clean beds.
the kids were happy to see the huge tv, we wound up not even turning it on because we spent the entire time barbequing,playing and swimming!! we had great toiletries in the bathroom. our room also had a little fridge were we stored our food.

in the morning we again were offered coffee. if u want a great taste of americana please stay their with your kids!! it was sooo much fun. we are currently planning our next trip there. go wigwams!!!

fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member DorsetSue

We stayed one night end of may and one night beginning of June(07).
We loved it.the rooms are clean and comfortable and the bed really is very comfortable.
There is aircon,tv and a phone.There is also high speed internet-so ideal if you have a laptop.
It didnt bother me but there is no coffee/tea making facilities or a hairdryer-i pack my own so this didnt cause me any problems-but worth knowing if you need either.
I would definatley recommend this motel to anyone-fantastic.
Even though it is by the roadside we didnt hear traffic.The swimming pool looked great and i really wanted to use it but we had to get off to our next destination so i couldnt. :(
Sue- from england

Route 66 Motorcycle Tour

by TripAdvisor Member remax313

We were booked at your very unique Tee-Pee hotel through our friend Ray Norieka, who also organized our entire 2 week Route 66 motorcycle trip. When we arrived at your facility after a long day on the road we were greeted by the hotel clerk who said that the hotel had left the pool open just for us, knowing that we would be in need of a cool dip, after such a long day on the road. Most of us took him up on that offer, and then retiered for the night. He couldn't have been more accomodating .
The rooms were clean, unique, and very "cool" to stay in that night.
We would certainly recomend the experience to all.
Once again thanks for the great stay.

Bart D. Natoli
Janice Caracozza

Fantastic Stay

by TripAdvisor Member AmazingAshleigh

My best friend and I drove from Seattle, Washington to Knoxville, Tennessee, mostly via Route 66 (from San Bernardino to Oklahoma, City). The Wigwam Motel was, without a doubt, one of the highlights of our trip!

I was a little worried at first because we had called the night before to make reservations, but called around 10pm and the guy at the desk had given me a really hard time about calling "so late" and told me to call back during "regular buisness hours" (which for them, meant after 1pm). However, things went much smoother when I called the next day and made reservations for that night.

We arrived later in the evening (we got a little lost getting from Los Angeles towards San Bernardino), around 11 or so, but the guy working at the desk was really friendly and helpful. He gave the two of us a free upgrade to a double Wigwam and directions to some other things.

Granted, this place isn't in the best area of California, but it wasn't too awful. My friend and I were able to make a midnight run to the gas station and supermarket, and aside from the usual jeers two 21-year-old females get, we felt in no way threatened or intimidated at any point. (About two in the morning, a "local" knocked on our door, but he was friendly and just had the wrong Wigwam).

The Wigwam was gorgeous, inside and out. It was very clean, spacious, and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom and shower are a little cramped, but they were nice and clean (and each Wigwam has its own bathroom). Slight downside to the bathroom was that there were no outlets in the bathroom, so all hair-drying/styling had to be done in the bedroom-area. There was more than enough room for the two of us to spread out and get comfortable.

We didn't have time to go swimming, but the pool was clean, as were the grounds. Parking was ample, and the entire place is well-lit. Overall, it was more than worth the price, and I would love to go back again!

Enjoyed our stay at the wigwam's very much.

by TripAdvisor Member thydasher

We were on vacation during the holidays and we stayed at the san bernardino wigwam's. We had a wounderful stay with a nice t.v. and bed.Exeptionally clean and quiet and well taken care of. I would give it a rating of a very high 9. The owners of the property were very nice and helpful. Next time we go on vacation there will be no doubt we will stay there again. We recommend every one stay at the san bernardino rout 66 wigwam's, its worth it.

A throwback to the past

by TripAdvisor Member alltrac

This is the only place I stay when visiting down South. The room was clean and cozy and the bed and sofa in the room were comfortable. Wi-Fi and cable TV make this a great place to stay.

Comments