Always Inn San Clemente Bed and Breakfast

More about San Clemente

people at Ocean Festival, San Clementepeople at Ocean Festival, San Clemente

Surf off the San Clemente PierSurf off the San Clemente Pier

camping ediquettecamping ediquette

Casa Romantica, a Spanish Colonial RevivalCasa Romantica, a Spanish Colonial Revival

Travel Tips for San Clemente

Surfing at San Clemente

by cnango

San Clemente has the most surf spots in California. And with it's mild weather and great swells, the beaches of San Clemente can be enjoyed all year round.:

For surf reports, web cams etc.

For me surfing is just a spectator sport. I always enjoy watching of surfers from the San Clements Pier, as pictured here.

Great Italian Pizza & Pasta Place

by cnango about Sonny's Pizza & Pasta

One of my favorite places in town is Sonny's Pizza & Pasta. The Dining room is charming with Italian murals on the walls and vines wired with twinkle lights hanging from the wood beam ceiling. There is also a brick lined covered patio outside with an open fire pit in the attached waiting area. I usually order from the special chalkboard menu. Penne Bella is my favorite it is a baked penne pasta with artichoke hearts, cheese, and broccoli in a tomato cream sauce . My kids like the thin crusted pizzas and my husband often gets a chicken dish. We always order the side salad with the delicious house dressing, Creamy Italian. A basket of toasted garlic bread is served with your meals.The Pasta portions are large so sometimes my husband and I split a meal if we are not real hungry. The everyday menu prices are reasonable and when they have a bargain priced Spaghetti Night, there is often a line on the sidewalk about a block long! I know locals who call in orders and pick up so they can have that Spaghetti deal without waiting in line.

San Clemente

by keida84

"Not Just Where Nixon Lived"

I had the pleasure of visiting San Clemente when I met fellow VT'er cnango

Nancy is a lovely and gracious person who invited me to her home which she shares with her husband, Jeff. Nancy went out of her way to make me feel welcome and showed me her "towns" (South Orange County) which are San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Laguna and Balboa Island.

Nancy's house sits high up on a hill . The wildlife you can see throughout the day ranges from bunnies to deer to the occasional mountain "cat".

Nancy is a wealth of information in regards to her hometown and she volunteers her time and lends her expertise on the subject of early California history at the Mission San Juan Capistrano.

arffie's new San Clemente Page

by arffie

Hello fellow travelers!

I'm finally home again, to San Clemente, California!

I will be building these pages over the next few months, so please stop by to check on my updates!

All the best,