3202 Rosecrans Street, San Diego, California, 92101, United States

Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

• CHEAP AND CUTE

We had stayed in another motel near the Loma Lodge for our first night in San Diego but when we saw cute little Loma Lodge we decided to move. A good decision! We really enjoyed our two nights here!

A little warning: This motel is located very near the airport so the planes start flying over your head early in the morning. It's not really the place to sleep all morning but on vacation you get up early anyway, eh? With the motel's location so close to I5 you get to the coastal towns in the north as well as to San Diego downtown easily.

Unique Quality: This place was very cute from the outside with Mexican style tiles everywhere. The rooms were rather basic but clean and quite comfortable. There's a small pool but we didn't use it. Staff was more than friendly, muffins and danish are served for breakfast and are included in the price, which is ok for what you get (We paid $99 at the weekend, during the week it's cheaper).

More about Americas Best Value Inn Loma Lodge

Loma Lodge

by edmonroe316

I am coming to San Diego in November for my grandson's graduation from Marine Corps basic training at the MCRD. I am looking for an inexpensive, but nice hotel or motel in the area. I will be traveling with my wife, my daughter, my grandson's girl friend and 9 month old baby, and my other grandson who is a Marine. We have looked at the Loma Lodge web site. That motel seems to be very near to the MCRD. I have been unable to find any reviews of it on the internet. We surely do not want to stay in a bad hotel or a bad neighborhood. Any help would be appreciated, especially from members who live in San Diego. Thank you in advance for your help.

RE: Loma Lodge

by sabsi

Hiya!

I have stayed at Loma Lodge for two nights in June. It was our favourite motel on our whole trip. Staff was very friendly, prices were reasonable and the rooms were simple but clean. We really enjoyed the styling of the place with Mexican tiles everywhere (unfortunately they weren't in the rooms though).

The only bad thing I can say about the motel is that the noise of the airplanes flying into SAN is quite bad. And they start to fly quite early in the morning unfortunately....

Hope this help? There are pictures on my San Diego page if you are interested.

Sabsi