998 W Mission Bay Dr, San Diego, California, 92109, United States

Booking.com BahiaHotel.com Orbitz.com

Costs 103% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• spartan's Profile Photo

A very nice resort

I stayed at this hotel in 1997 while attending a NATO Conference. I liked it so much that I didn't want to leave. Little did I know that about year later, I would move to San Diego. Imagine spectacular views of rhythmic ocean and bay waters, warm sun-drenched beaches, tranquil breezes and unsurpassed beauty, all within your reach in America's Finest City. Welcome to the Bahia Hotel! With over a mile of white sandy beaches, this 325-room hotel is secluded on its own 14-acre peninsula in the heart of Mission Bay, San Diego's largest aquatic park.

Unique Quality: The beautiful Bahia has been the favorite destination spot for vacationing families, business travelers and meeting attendees alike for more than 40 years. Located less than five minutes from Sea World, the Bahia is convenient to all of San Diego's major attractions including the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park, Belmont Park, and Old Town, shopping downtown, in Mission Valley, La Jolla and Tijuana and is easily accessible from the San Diego International Airport. Fulfill your getaway dreams experience the Bahia Hotel!

Directions: Located near Mission Bay

More about Bahia Resort Hotel

Enjoyed the Bahia Resort

by TripAdvisor Member KG

We stayed at the Bahia for four nights on Jan 22nd. We found the resort a little dated but had a very pleasant stay. Booked a studio with the 4th night thrown in for free. The room was HUGE with complete kitchen - it would be perfect for a family with young children. Our large terrace had a view of the bay. The resort is on 10 acres so it felt very spacious and the rooms and grounds were well kept. The staff was very friendly, including all resturant and bar personal. It is an easy walk to Mission Bay and the ocean. The resort also has its own beach with cabana type lounges and sternwheeler that offers free evening cruises. If you want glitz then this is not for you but if you want a pleasant stay with a touch of yesterday then I strongly recommend the Bahia.

Classic Southern California

The Bahia Resort was a great experience for our family. The hotel is located on a secluded peninsula surrounded by a nice white sand beach. They have a large pool area in the center of the property. They?re just a short walk from the ocean and Belmont Park, which features a classic Giant Dipper roller coaster from the 1950s. The boardwalk is a great place to bicycle or roller blade.

Badly in Need of Updating

by TripAdvisor Member Shawnpo

Stayed at the Bahia Resort for a week on business. I've never in my life seen such dirty, stained furniture in a hotel room - absolutely disgusting. However, tried to make the best of it as I didn't want to spend my free time trying to find another inadequate hotel to stay at.
Used towels and sheets to cover furniture when I wanted to sit down.
Carpets, hardwood flooring, just to name 2 things, along with the furniture, that require replacing/updating. Not a terrible stay, but wouldn't recommend it or go back.

Good Times

I took my girlfriend to the Bahia for her bday recently. The drive from the highway onto the resort area just made me and my girl even more excited. It's a very beautiful area, surrounded by the water. We got a studio with a little kitchenette with a bay view. The price was very reasonable considering our accomodations. The grounds are clean, we noticed the staff cleaning up almost 2 hours after arriving. We didn't have much contact with them, but they seemed very pleasant. I read others' reviews about the parking lot problem and it being noisy. The parking is pretty close to the rooms and there were a couple instances where traffic and car alarms were noticeable, but if you WANT to have a good time, you will HAVE a good time. That's my motto. And we had a good time. We drove down about 1/2 a mile away to get some grub and they have a little area with a roller coaster and shopping. We also hit the Gaslamp and that was a great place. We capped it off with a trip down to Baja. Overall, it was Good Times... Oh yeah, they DO have a seal pond on site, but it looked like it was sleeping. (Do seals sleep with their heads underwater?)

Go somewhere else!

What a waste of money (and time)!! First off, the location is not great. It's near Sea World and if you're inention is to visit Sea World, then it's fine. But if you're wanting a nice hotel with a nice view, don't bother coming to the Bahia. I had booked a "suite" with a bay view. I got one of the crappiest, out-dated hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. The room cost me about 4-5 times what I would have paid for it. Fortunately, the management there was friendly and provided us with an upgraded room at no extra cost, which fit what I was paying for that one-bedroom hole in the wall. Their website and several other reviews say this is a great place for a family vacation. I stronly disagree with that review. If you want to spend a lot of money on a hotel, certainly don't waste your money and time on this. Spend a lot of money wisely on the Hotel del Coronado! Now THAT's a hotel worth every penny!

Time to update the Rooms

We stayed at the Bahia during the third week of May, 2003. The staff is very friendly. The pool area, restaurant, and bar area is nice and charming. However, our suite was way overpriced! The furniture was filthy. I cannot believe the poor condition the bathroom was in.
Peeling floors, leaking toilet, dripping faucet. The Bahia needs to step up and upgrade their rooms.

Great weekend at the Bahia

We spent a long weekend in January at the Bahia and really enjoyed it.
We had reserved a studio and got upgraded to a bayfront suite when we checked in. The room was huge, clean and in good condition. We had a great view of the bay and their boat (which we didn't have time to take a cruise on, but everyone we saw leaving the boat seemed to be enjoying themselves). The location was great -- close to Pacific Beach and the expressways, we could get almost anywhere in the area (downtown, La Jolla, Balboa) within 20 minutes. Housekeeping was great, we left some items in the room and they gladly sent them to us at home. We would love to come back when the weather is warmer to enjoy all the Bahia has to offer!

SAN DIEGO

by GTV

"MISSION BAY"

ANOTHER , LAZY DAY ON MISSION BAY .THIS PICTURE IS THE BAHIA RESORT ,ON MISSION BAY.ENJOY MOONLIGHT CRUISES ABOARD SAN DIEGO'S ORIGINAL STERNWHEELER! THE BAHIA BELLE HAS BEEN A POPULAR ATTRACTION ON MISSION BAY FOR MORE THAN 25 YEARS.COCKTAILS & DANCING!

"SAN DIEGO BAY"

LOOKING AT SAN DIEGO FROM SAN DIEGO BAY

"SEAPORT VILLAGE"

FROM LEFT TO RIGHT-HYATT REGENCY SAN DIEGO - SEAPORT VILLAGE -CORONADO BRIDGE.

Seaport Village

"OCEAN BEACH"

Ocean Beach one of the best kept secrets in the San Diego area.A "true" beach town,Ocean Beach has retained its original flavor.Voted the best place to watch a sunset.

"OCEAN BEACH"

The Ocean Beach Pier

"got boats ? San Diego"

Accomodation in 3 bedroom suite/hotel

by travelbugau

Hi

looking for a 3 bedroom suite in a hotel - 2 adults and 4 children under 9, something close to Seaworld.

RE: Accomodation in 3 bedroom suite/hotel

by Jamesr3939

Check the Comfort Inn and Suites near Hotel Circle, they have adjoining rooms that should work for you.

RE: Accomodation in 3 bedroom suite/hotel

by spartan

Hi,

You may also want to check the following:

The Dana on Mission Bay - Sea World