Best Western Seven Seas

See Hotels with Better Ratings

Tags

Theme Park Trips Family Travel Zoo
See Amenities

worst place never staying with them again

by written on November 12, 2012

To whom it may concern,

I would like to share my resent stay at Best Western Seven Sea in San Diego. I was planning a 2 day trip to San Diego to spend a day at the San Diego Zoo and a day at SeaWorld. I was traveling alone on a mini vacation. I knew I wanted to stay at a well known hotel/motel with a good reputation. I have stayed at Best Western all over the country including many trips oversea. I like that the Best Western Seven was in hotel circle and it was close to all the major attractions, restaurant and provided a shuttle service. I was going to be traveling alone and need a set plan to go by so I called Best Western Seven Sea to ask them about their shuttle service. I explain my travel plans, I was going to be flying in on 11/7/12 at 9am and I was going to take a taxi straight to the zoo and that I would need to catch the shuttle back to the hotel. On 11/8/12 I was going to need a ride to SeaWorld and then I was going to need a ride back, so that I could catch a ride to the airport to catch my flight back to Houston. I was told that the shuttle will pick up at the Zoo at 4:30pm everyday. The hotel shuttle would be picking up their guest at the hotel at 9:30am to take them to SeaWorld and the shuttle would be picking up the guest from SeaWorld at 5:30pm to bring them back to the hotel. I told the person at Best Western that that was perfect and that I would be booking my trip with them. After that I booked my trip. A week before my trip I called Best Western to confirm the shuttle schedule and was told to call the day I arrived.
On 11/7/12 9:00am my flight landed so on my way to the zoo in the taxi I called Best Western to let them know that I was going to be checking in at 5:00pm and that I would need to catch the shuttle at 4:30pm. The girl who I spoke with just said to wait outside the zoo at 4:30pm, she was quick to hang up on me but I stopped her and ask her what kind of shuttle should I be looking for. At 4:30pm I was standing in front of the zoo looking for the shuttle but I didn’t see one, so at 4:35pm (my phone shows that was the time I called Best Western) I called Best Western to ask if the shuttle was running late. I was told to hold and the girl got back on the phone to tell me that the shuttle already left. Left? When did this shuttle pick? Did this shuttle bother to stop or did the shuttle just drove by??? How is it that the shuttle came at 4:30 but was long gone at 4:35????? I ask the girl who they picked up cause it wasn’t me. I was put back on hold then she came back on the line to tell me that they picked up the one person who was schedule to be picked up and that person wasn’t me. I told her how I called 6 weeks ago and I also called a week ago and I called earlier that morning explaining that I needed the shuttle to pick me up from the zoo. So told me that the shuttle could come back for me in 2 hours. How is it possible that a shuttle that was to arrive at 4:30 was so far away by 4:35 that it would take them 2 hours to come back for me? I explained to the girl that I was traveling alone and that I didn’t know anyone in San Diego. With the time change for daylight saving it got darker faster and it colder really fast. I explain all this to the girl and she just told me to call a taxi or I could just wait till 6:30 for the shuttle then she hung up on me. I sat on the bench and waiting for almost 2 hours in the cold and dark waiting for the shuttle. It got so cold that a girl selling t-shirt felt sorry for me and offered me a ride to the hotel. Thanks for nothing Best Western!!
When I arrived at the hotel to check in I ask her where the shuttle was and sure enough the shuttle and the driver arrived. I guess I was not important enough to come pick up. All the girl said to me was that it’s wasn’t 6:30 yet and that the shuttle would have picked me up at 6:30! Are you serious? Is this how you guys ran business? How do you stay in business? I then asked for the manager and was told that the manger would be out all week and that one of the little girl was in change. If you call ignoring me and turning her back on me whispering to her coworker being in charge. Everyone there was rude and blame me for not being checking in that morning. I told them that I called 3 times in 6 weeks to confirm the shuttle service schedule and everyone all told me the same thing and I was rushed off the phone. I was like okay Best Western does not care about their customers nor do you care that you left a young woman at the zoo in a strange city in the cold and dark sitting on the bench. I told them that I will be up and ready the next morning to catch the 9:30am shuttle to SeaWorld and for them to please not leave me again. I got no apology or anything so I just went to my room.
The next morning as I was waiting for the shuttle I watch as a new quest checked in and wanted to catch the shuttle but they were told that the shuttle was busy and they could just call a taxi. I’m glad it wasn’t just me. You guys are horrible and unreliable! As I waiting for the shuttle I notice that there was a gentle man that turn out to be the manager. What do you know you guys do have a manager? I ask him to confirm the time the shuttle was picking up because I did not want to be left again, the manger said 6:00pm! What the hell happen to 5:30? Do you guys make up schedule as you go? You are incompetence!!! After explaining to the manager that I was left at the zoo the night before he said he will have the shuttle pick me and another couple up from SeaWorld at 4:30pm. The shuttle was supposed to pick us up at 4:30 and bring us all back to the hotel. Then the shuttle would take me to the airport at 5:00 to catch my flight.
Best Western went and did it again. At 4:45 when the shuttle picked us up from SeaWorld and deliver us to the hotel. I had asked the driver if he would be going to the airport and he said NO!!!!! I got off the shuttle and went to the front desk while the shuttle drove away. I asked the front desk if a shuttle was going to the airport and the girl said it was suppose to but its not. Yes, this is really how you run business. I had to take a taxi to the airport since I was lied too again. While I waited for the taxi I watch more people come to the front desk to ask about the shuttle service and they were all told to just call a taxi.
I have never in all my years of travel see a company run this way. There is no rhime or reason or schedule in anything you do. I have stayed at hotels/motel all around the world and have never been treated like the way I was treated. It wasn’t just me it was at least 6 other people that I personally witness who were turn away. I don’t think I should have a to pay for a taxi when I pay for a hotel who had a shuttle service. How could you leave a paying customer at the zoo and tell them to wait 2 hours while the driver may or may not pick them up. I have told anyone that would listen what happen to me. I will never stay or let a friend stay at another Best Western. I have booked my trip to Spain with Best Western but I am cancelling it because I will not waste another penny with such an incompetence company that would treat loyal customer so poorly.

Unique Quality: the worst place I have ever stayed at

Directions: hotel circle san diego

Family Lodging

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 27, 2008

Very small rooms. I would not recommend this room for a family of more than three. We had two adults and a 4 yr old and found it to be a tight fit. It was affordable for our vacation and we were out doing the Sea World, Legoland, Zoos thing so we were not in our room for more than sleeping so it was okay. It was centrally located which was nice and the pool/spa was nice after a long day. The on-site diner was convenient and had surprisingly good food. Many local cops eat there if that means anything.

Directions: Inland quite far which accounts for the lower rates.

7 Seas

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 19, 2006

We chose this location, as it was both near the airport, and close to the highways heading north of the city.

There is a complimentary bus service from the airport, which is useful if you’re not collecting a car straight away.

The rooms are adequate rather than large. Plenty of parking space. Eat breakfast in the café next to the motel which was fine.

Directions: To the north of San Diego

Elainehead's Profile Photo

Comfortable bed

by written on October 14, 2002

Nothing special about this place. This was the hotel chosen by our "guide". I had to share this room with other 3 girls. See picture for more details.

pambam Mar 21, 2013 at 12:56 AM

We really liked this hotel. Despite being in the intersection of two freeways, it was surprisingly quiet and there's beautiful landscaping that makes it seem like you're in a garden. Nice pool and adequate equipment for working out. Nice perk is that a nice mall with movie theaters and good restaurants is only a ten minute walk. Yes, rooms are tight - but my husband and I appreciated both a desk as well as a table that was the right height so we could both work on our laptops. I liked that there was a fridge too. We thought it was a very convenient hotel and would happily stay here again.

Nearby Best Western Seven Seas

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

San Diego Travel Forum

Need advice about San Diego, California? Visit the Travel Forum for San Diego and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest San Diego hotel reviews