Comfort Inn And Suites Zoo

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

More about Comfort Inn And Suites Zoo

Beware Of The Kids Suite

by TripAdvisor Member mederlet

The kids suite is simply a normal room where they added a wall with "french doors" between the kids bunk bedrs and the double/king beds. On the kids side is the air conditioner. When you close the "french doors" to the "adult" room, there is NO AIR CONDITIONING just a small fan on the wall to circulate air. Forget adult privacy we had to keep the door open so we could get a "little bit" of air. After two nights we switched rooms to two serperate rooms. The kids suite gets MANY COMPLAINTS. The hotel said they are trying to come up with a solution but so far have not been able to. I DO NOT consider this a SUITE. Very misleading. Staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast buffet was good but crowded. Great pool and hot tub.
S.M. - Arizona

Pleasantly surprised

by TripAdvisor Member birkeebabe

When we arrived I was greeted with smiles and friendly faces. We arrived early and they let us check in. The people at the front desk were very helpful with everything from directing us to a nearby Walgreens and places to eat. The breakfast was plentiful with pleanty of muffins, danish, cinn rolls, bagels cereal etc. etc. Even liked having the Latte machine too. We got to swim in the heated pool and take a rest in the large spa. We saw them cleaning them every morning with scrub brushes and such. We had a suite and I got the sofa pullout which was ok but your standard pullout sofa. Rooms were clean and spacious. Overall we really enjoyed our stay. Will stay here again most definitly!!!

good value and what we needed

We booked the hotel through a travel package, arrived on a Wednesday and left on a Saturday. I had read about it being a noisy location, our room was very quite, and we were facing the on ramp to the freeway. The pool is basic, the room was cleaned each day, bathroom was large and clean, no sense of it being dirty. We were expecting a fridge in our room as per the travel brochure, no fridge when we got there but a quick call to the front desk and they brought one up for no charge, excellent for milk and juice for our 3yr old son. The breakfast each morning was basic but it was enough to hold you off until lunch, it had toast/bagels/cereal/fruit/pastry as well as juice and coffee, it was well attended each day I was there. The front lobby staff were amazing, they have this sheet for frequently asked directions which was invaluable, and they themselves were able to make suggestions and accurate directions as to how to get to other places. The hotel was close to Seaworld, the Zoo and other attractions. We were suitably impressed, neat and tidy, good value in our minds, the parking stalls are small, but other than that we had no complaints, thanks for a nice stay.

Backwashing Bathtub

We normally stay at the Comfort Inn across the freeway, but booked through Expedia and got misplaced here instead. The staff was very friendly, but we had a van and parking was a nightmare. It was very congested and hard to get in and out of the spots. The room looked clean but smelled strongly of mold. There was a whirlpool bathtub, but when you turned it on, hair came spewing out of the jets. Yucky! Would not stay here again...

Friendly staff, great driving directions!

by TripAdvisor Member famtripper

We had a suite room. It felt quite small because it was really more like a regular room divided by french doors with sheer curtains, so if you're looking for the feel of a seperate room, you probably won't be happy with it. The beds are only double size in the suites.

The continental breakfast was nice. Get there by 8:00 to avoid a big crowd. The only disappointment was their fresh fruit was only apples and pears. The pictures I had seen showed fruit such as cut melons, grapes, etc.

The best part about this hotel is the staff is very friendly and they gave us a sheet of directions to just about anywhere you could possibly want to go, including the mall, grocery store, Walgreens, etc. I had printed off several Mapquest directions to various places and got lost coming from the airport. The hotel's directions were simple and straight forward so I tossed my Mapquest directions! Coming from a small town in Washington, they were an absolute life saver!! We would have been insane without them!

Good Value

Great value for the money - we just needed a base for a whirlwind tour of San Diego the end of June and this was just right. The small pool and hot tub were great at the end of a long day and not very crowded. Coffee makers in room were not so good - the complimentary continental breakfast was great for morning coffee and muffin. Great front desk staff too.

Great stay!

by TripAdvisor Member netmadre

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights this past week. We were very pleased with our stay! The hotel staff was very helpful and professional. Rooms were very clean, breakfast was great--cereal, fruit, muffins, danish, juice, coffee, etc.

We loved the location--very close to everything and right by the freeway--close to Sea World, Old Town, etc. However, you really need to pay attention to your driving since if you aren't familiar with the area, it's easy to take a wrong turn! I was raised in the San Diego area, so it wasn't a problem for us.

The other thing I REALLY liked about the hotel is that it is completely non-smoking. I'm very allergic to cigarette smoke, so this was most refreshing to me. :)

My ONLY complaint was that we were clear on the opposite end from the lobby and it was a big pain to get to our room. There is no stairway entry from the ground level except for one and it is right by the lobby--about the equivalent of a block or two from where our room was located so we had a LONG walk every time we wanted to get into the hotel and up to our room. There were several 'fire escape' stairwells so getting out wasn't a big deal. Also, they had a section of the parking blocked off for some strange reason, so that became a bit of a challenge. So... just ask for a room near the lobby!!

Other than that, we were very pleased with our stay and with the service at this hotel. I would highly recommend it!

Would not choose again.

Noisy and too many issues. We booked rather late for a last minute summer getaway. This was one of the few hotels with any rooms available. We thought it was extremely reasonable in rate - but after staying there, it was not worth what we paid. We had several things that were not functioning in the room - the air conditioner, the toilet and the sink was backing up - all were fixed, but all required calls to the front desk. It also took two calls to get an extra pillow up to the room. The room also had a very musty smell. Several of the games in the very small (un-airconditioned) game room were broken. Perhaps because of the cheap rates, there were many teen groups at the hotel - that were not supervised at the pool and dangerously pushing each other in the pool - hitting several other guests, who just quietly rounded up their children and ended their swims early. There was also jumping and loud noise late into the night. I have children myself, so noise does not bother me -this was excessive and uncontrolled. I have to say that the front desk service was wonderful. Very friendly, polite and apologetic with every call I made to get service and at check in/out. It was reasonably clean and met our needs - but mostly it taught us a lesson to BOOK EARLY! so we don't end up here again.

Decent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member GeorgiaTravelers

The Comfort Inn - San Diego Zoo is actually not the closest Comfort Inn to the zoo, and is not that close to the zoo but certainly convenient enough. It is located on hotel circle drive along with many other hotels, and curiously, very few restaurants. The hotel is clean and has good covered parking. The kids suite is a standard size room (with a minimal bathroom) with a dividing wall in the middle that separates the kids area (bunkbeds and a small table) from the adult area (queen bed and TV) with a set of glass paneled french doors.

Wonderful stay at the Comfort Inn

by TripAdvisor Member edlr4ma

I booked this hotel directly through their web site and got a very reasonable rate for three nights : 8/1/05- 8/4/05. The hotel is clean throughout. The front desk person did give me the wrong type of room at first, and I did not notice that she gave me a regular room instead of a double bedded suite. When I saw the room I immediately went back to the front desk and it was taken care of quickly and easily.

So, the double bedded suite was a very pleasant surprise. Looks like it was recently renovated. No stains on carpet, bed or walls. It's definitely bigger than a regular room or a kids suite because of the living room. The living room had a decent sofabed with a clean microwave and clean refrigerator. There were two tvs (one for the living room and one for the bedroom) with about 20 channels.

Great shower pressure, again clean bathroom, well stocked with towels and toiletries. The sink is actually in the bedroom and the toilet and bathtub are in the bathroom.

Great value - free microwave, free refrigerator, free parking, free continental breakfast ( bagels, toast, muffins, apples, pears, cereals, etc.), small "fitness room", game room with arcade games, coin operated laundry room, nice swimming pool and jacuzzi. No hairs when we were there as was noted in an earlier review.

Having been raised in Manhattan where we make use of every little space, the parking was not at all tight and was also very plentiful. The same goes for the size of the room, it's NOT huge but it fit 6 people (4 adults and 2 children) very comfortably.

Try to get a room close enough to the elevator (or else you're in for a long walk) but far enough from stairs if you are sensitive to noise because people do bound up and down stairs especially early in the morning. The noise didn't bother me or my family at all but I know earlier reviews did complain about noise.

This hotel is definitely recommended for families with children. We really enjoyed our stay.

Only complaint is no treadmill in so called fitness room, which consisted of a weight machine and an exercise bike. Sorry this review is so long but I wanted to be thorough.

Comments