Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel Circle

Priceline.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

• azabeti's Profile Photo

Comfort Inn San Diego

This is a kind of older hotel, but otherwise comfortable.
    The tv had a few good movie cable channels you could watch.
    I'd recommend this place for a short 1-2 day stay.
    The location is great if you want to go to the harbor or to downtown.

Unique Quality: The continental breakfast included fresh waffles which you could make yourself. They provided the batter and waffle makers and you could stand there and make you own waffles.

More about Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel Circle

Avoid this place if you can

by TripAdvisor Member ohmartha

Comfort Inn Circle North was a dump and our family couldn't wait to leave. We ended up here because the carrier, Fun Sun, had few hotels that would take a family of 5 (3 kids, 6-11). We requested a quiet room not too far from the lobby, so we got one across from the noisy elevator and the banging stairwell door! The room was not clean and gave us the heebie-jeebies. We had to swab it down with Lysol wipes, but it never lost its smell of cucumber. Hmmm. The two double beds did not have a silent spot to the boxsprings, seriously. The sofa bed was no better and flaccid. The pool and hot tub were freezing on our first day, and the hot tub was being repaired the second day. When it was open again, so much chemical was added that it stunk and ruined my kids' suits. Pool towels were the size of large tea towels, but you may need to get some to supplement the room towels as housekeeping ignored our request to leave 11 towels for 5 people, and usually left us 6. Complimentary breakfast included cold cereal, instant oatmeal, bread and bagels for you to toast in the grossly-crusted toaster, danish and muffins, apples and oranges, and drinks. No service with a smile here. Laundry had 3 washers, 3 dryers which were adequate but brutal on your clothes. The location of this hotel is inconvenient as you are next to the highway (make sure you request a room away from the highway) but a $7/8 cab fare from restaurants, malls, etc. There is a Hunter's restaurant close by, but we didn't eat there due to the menu and prices shown on the room service card. This hotel somehow permits pizza delivery companies to slide fliers under your room doors DAILY. I know this review is very negative, and some will disagree with it, but this was our experience there for our 5-night stay.

Never again!

by TripAdvisor Member Dwade

I had to keep telling myself we only paid $48 per night thru hotwire. We got what we paid for. The okay breakfast and the excellent shower made it bearable. The noisest hotel I have ever stayed at. We were located right above the hot tub and I thought there were hot tub parties going on all night. The hot tub was empty. Have no idea where the partying at 2:00 am was going on. Sounded like it was right below us but we were on the bottom floor. This went on 3 of the 4 nights we stayed. From the beautiful web site I was surprised how old and motel like this "hotel" was. My sons never want to stay in a "motel" again. They tried the pool one afternoon and never went back in because it was too cold. We are from Washington State and this is the first time they haven't gone swimming in a warm weather climate eventhough it was cool because the pool was too cold. ( At the end of our trip they swam twice a day in the same temperature but at a hotel that had a heated pool}. The hot tub was green. I thought the room was of adequate size. We had 2 noisey double beds for our family of 4. On the first night of our stay I met the biggest cockroach I have ever met {and I have met others on other travels}. That encounter probably made me weary for the rest of our stay.

I had no problems with this place!

by TripAdvisor Member ghawkeye

After reading some of the previous reviews, I was a little apprehensive about this Hotel. After considering a change, I realized that since I had booked it through Expedia, I couldn’t get a refund, so I checked in with my ‘guard-up’.

First off, when paying $65 a night, I don’t expect a lot other than a clean, quiet room. That is exactly what I got. I have read other reviews about noise, dirty/smelly rooms, but I did not experience that at all. My room (2215) faced the East towards another Hotel, and I never once heard any loud noises during the time I was there.

To conform what others have said in reviews;
The bed was a bit hard, the rooms were on the small side and yes I did have menus stuffed in my door every time I came back to the room at the end of the day. The breakfast was free, with bagels, juices, muffins, fruit, cereal and coffee.

If you are accustomed to staying at the Ritz, Westin or the Omni, you will be disappointed here. But, I cannot find anything to complain about for $65 a night when the average Hotel price in San Diego is upwards of $120 a night. I would stay here again.

Rooms suited for miniatures

by TripAdvisor Member Chickenbiscuit

For a price of $110 I expected a little more. The "suite" was the size of a couple of desks. VERY small room for the price. Not exactly a "suite" in the sense that I've experienced hotel suites over the years. No more than two to a romm is what I'd recommend! Walls as thin as paper kept us up all night with the sounds of our neighbors... NOT a restful sleep at all. Stinky room as well. I'm looking for something positive to say and I guess that would be the accomodating and friendly staff at the front desk. Very helpful and friendly. Nice continental breakfast as well. Recommend taking your coffee tray down from your room to carry back items to your room. Benihana is just a short three minute walk up the hill and a fabulous dinner there, but rather depressing to come back to our little hole of a stinky room. Very bad value for the price. Had I paid around $50 as some other reviewers had paid, I'd be a little more gentle with my review, but with the price I paid of over $120 after taxes added, it's a poor value and stay overall. Will not stay again.

Loved it

We had our 4 and 2 year olds sleep in the bunk beds of the kids room. The room was small, but had everything we needed including a refrigerator, kitchen, utensils, etc. It was all very clean except a dirty shower head. The breakfast buffett was not deluxe, it was your common continental with cereal, pastries, bagels, juices, and coffee. The pool was perfect for families and they also have a kiddie pool and hot tub. During the offseason it is a steal, but it won't be such a good deal over the summer most likely. The staff was very accomodating and will immediately print you up driving directions for any destination in the SoCal area. We would definitely stay here again, it's great for little ones because of the bunkbed/kitchen rooms.

Disappointed!

by TripAdvisor Member sherbartz

We stayed at this facility two nights on a trip to SeaWorld. I was quite disappointed! The rooms were small; we had a two room suite which was no more than two standard rooms with an adjoining door. The kitchen is small and there is no oven. The bed linens were well used! The kids wading pool is about 6'x6'x1' and cold. We could have stayed at the Residence Inn for about the same rate.

Location, location, location

This hotel was in a great location. We were able to go the Zoo, Sea World and Balboa Park. The rooms were affordable compared to those in the area. We enjoyed our vacation in San Diego and especially enjoyed the free breakfast and the large swimming pool that the Comfort Inn offered us. We will definitely return to this hotel.

Comments