2435 Jefferson Street, San Diego, California, 92110, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 50% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Old Town Location

Tucked away on a side street, Marriott Courtyard is only a block away from one of the main streets in Old Town. This Marriot is located about four miles northeast of downtown San Diego / the Gaslamp Quarter. There is another Courtyard by Marriott downtown, if it is this the center of downtown you'd rather stay.

If not, this location might be great for you. The Old Town section of San Diego is full of history and old Mexican style.

Unique Quality: The building has a nice old mansion look to it and the lobby is comfortable. There is an in-house restaurant, Gila House Restaurant serves breakfast lunch and dinner. but the patio dining is most interesting.

There is a per day fee for parkikng that is not quite as dear as at other hotels, but still something to consider when figuring out the cost.

This is a smoke-free hotel and no pets allowed, unless of course, they are Service Animals for the disabled.

More about Courtyard San Diego Old Town

Great Get-Away

We stayed two nights in June 05, and had a great get away. When I first booked the room they had availabilities until I told them I had a Marriotts Reward Certificate, and then there was nothing available for that time under that program. When I questioned her she got snappy and rude. So I called Marriott, and they assured me there were vacancies and booked me a room but two Queens, as Kings were sold out. Not knowing what we would find when we got there we were pleasantly surprised. We did get a King Courtyard View, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating. Our rewards certificate included two free breakfast buffets each, and the food was excellent as was the service. We ate the first night in their restaurant on site and the food and service again was great. Old Town was a short walk away and full of local history. We hiked up the hill (a good uphill hike) to the Serra Museum and the site where Father Serra errected a Cross and said the first Mass in 1769. We also visited the Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum about 10 minutes away on the water at Navy Pier. That was a GREAT self guided tour and so interesting. It was very hands on. You could touch the aircraft from the 1940-1990's, and actually get in some of the helicopters that flew in Viet Nam. Standing on the huge flight deck, you could just feel the history of the ship. It was a great get away, and I highly recommend the Courtyard Old Town. There was a coffe station with great free coffee all day, and cookies in the afternoon. The pool was nice, but a bit small.

Great location, friendly employees

by TripAdvisor Member PepperNewJersey

We stayed here in mid=July for three nights. The manager of the hotel was very helpful and friendly. The front desk offered many suggestions on what to do in the area. The hotel is located within walking distance of Old Town. The hotel also offers a free shuttle to Seaworld and to the San DIego Zoo-a plus not noted on their hotel site. Parking is available for a fee, but at the time we were there it appeared to have enough on the street parking available. Safe location in a residential neighborhood opposite a school. One night while we were there, they had an ice=cream social night(with Haagan Dazs ice-cream no less!) Hotel was very clean, but the pool was a bit on the small side.

Worst Courtyard I have ever stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member Jack94043

The room smelled bad, the staff was not helpful, internet connection didn't work and the restaurant/bar was closed because they didn't have anyone to open it.
I have travelled for business and always try to stay in Courtyards but will never stay in this one again...

Superb staff!

I had a terrific stay at this hotel in spite of the crummy room. My room overlooked I5 and there was road noise. However, the staff at this hotel was very friendly and went completely out of their way to be helpful. This included not only the front desk, but the staff in the restaurant as well. They made my stay so pleasant that I'd stay there again and would recommend it to others. The only other hotel which I can think of which compares was the Inn at Spanish Bay (Monterey, CA), which is a big fancy resort...I'd expect them to have exceptional service!

I recommend it

by TripAdvisor Member SOG-Joker

Stayed at the Courtyard October 14 thru 16. We had a room with 2 Queen beds. I requested a roll away and extra towels and got both within 4 minutes. Good staff who care about their guests. This is a good 3 star business motor Inn. Not a resort or Hotel, so don't expect that level of amenities or services. We came to visit Sea world. The courtyard is 5 min from Sea World, so this is a good location for a weekend trip, just don't get a room facing the freeway. The hotel is about 30 feet from the freeway, and it gets loud on the upper floors. Clean room,comfortable bed, clean bath, good shower. Typical Marriot , adequate at everything, not excellent. Ate at the restaurant breakfast buffet twice, very good omelettes and bacon, its worth the $11. I would highly recommend for business travelers, not for families, pool was a joke it was so small. Also too expensive, but everything is in San diego. Paid $159, should be more like $110.

Business Traveller Favorite

I travel just about every week for business and several times a year we stay in a hotel for a week. Most places get very old in a week, but this hotel never did. The staff was attentive, incredibly friendly, and accomodating. The breakfasts were perfect and I recommend going to one of the many neighborhood spots for lunch and dinner. Downtown San Diego is only a $15 cab ride away. A great place!!

Good location; Clean rooms

by TripAdvisor Member plcitv

I stayed here the first week of March 2006. Room was clean and well-maintained. Hotel staff was very polite. Located just off the main drag in Old Town. Short walk to the shops and restaurants. I booked this hotel on Priceline and paid $70 per night - about $100 off the price on Travelocity.

Possible negatives:
- Rooms facing the interstate are a little noisy
- Parking is $15 per night

Great rate and location

by TripAdvisor Member lowcarb

Great location and rate through priceline. Rooms clean and comfortable. Don't pay for the parking, plenty of nearby on-street parking. The surrounding neighborhood is OK. Close to the airport and oldtown.

very enjoyable stay

I enjoyed staying at this hotel - a very short and interesting walk from the Old Town area Shopping, Restaurant and Historic area and also the Old Town Trolley Tour bus stop. It is located fairly centrally to the Zoo and Seaworld. The hotel has a shuttle that you can book to go to the airport, zoo etc. which was great - saves on taxis if you are not driving yourself or don't do buses.
The room was great (very clean) as was the service - the people at the reception desk and in the restaurant (we were there for breakfast) were terrific - very helpful

Comments