2592 Laning Road, San Diego, California, 92106, United States

walkingwalking

summer holidays

by maximilian1

Hi everyone,
I and my family (my son is 2 yrs) will spent our summer holidays in San Diego.. Could u suggest a confortable hotel or residence?

thanks

by CelticSu

The Marriott has a residence inn that's in downtown San Diego, overlooking the Bay. Here's a quote from their website: "The Residence Inn by MarriottĀ® San Diego Downtown hotel is an upscale San Diego, California extended stay all-suite, apartment style hotel. Our hotel is ideally located in the heart of the downtown area on the Pacific Highway in San Diego overlooking the beautiful San Diego Bay and within two miles of San Diego International Airport (SAN)." Here's their website if you're interested: http://www.sandiegoresidenceinn.com/

With the kitchen and all, that might be a good choice for traveling with a 2 year old. Also, it's very convenient to Seaport Village, the Gas Lamp, etc. I hope you'll have time to visit my favorite place in SD - Old Town (try eating at Rockin' Baja Lobster for a fun treat)!

Have a great visit!

by YVRDave

The Bahia Resort, Catamaran Hotel and the Paradise Point Resort have nice calm water beaches in Mission Bay

by lmkluque

Hi Massimo,

You might take a look at Old Town Cottages, on my San Diego page and Ocean Beach Cottages on my Ocean Beach page. They both rent weekly and monthly I believe and though I haven't contacted them for quite a while, I haven't heard of either not being in business. Either might suit your needs.

Travel Tips for San Diego

Definitely see La Jolla Cove...

by PaulEmmanuel

Definitely see La Jolla Cove and La Jolla Shores, two
beach areas with spectacular scenery. Now (fall) is a
great time to visit when the weather is wonderful, but
the crowds are less than in the summer. Watching the sunset near Scripps Pier in La Jolla.
Absolutely gorgeous!

Just take a walk around San...

by amandafinch

Just take a walk around San Diego... downtown or elsewhere. It's just a gorgeous place to be. My fondest memory of San Diego was actually more geared towards Coronado Island where the Naval Base is located. What gorgeous scenery.

Sunset @ Sunset Cliff

by vigi

I couldn't wait to top-up my tan. Immediately after check-in, I changed to my bikini, lay besides the pool, trying to get the last hour of sun before it get set. My brother was playing with the jacuzzi inside our room. This picture was taken after the tanning session.

San Diegans Are A Relxed Group!

by lmkluque

In a general sense, the residents of San Diego are friendly, easy going and often times easy to mix with while on vacation.

This tranquil atmosphere makes San Diego a great vacation choice as well as a place to live. It could be because our weather is "moderate" (rarely too hot and never too cold,) that we can enjoy our own resort style enviornment. At least that is want my friends who come from colder or hotter climes tell me.

It is true that most of the people living in San Diego take full advantage of what it has to offer and can feel as if they are on vacation almost any week of the year. We tend not to resent tourists, as some communities do. Probably because we are so globally diverse, that we can't tell a tourist from a resident anyway.

Relaxing in the warm San Diego sun in January, even the Sea Lions love to bask in the sun while vacationing in San Diego!

US Post Office

by matcrazy1

Look at my picture: there is the logo of United States Post Office. Whenever you need post marks to send postcards look for this sign.

US Post Offices are often located just by supermarkets - this picture was taken just by VONS supermarket in San Diego.

Hehe, look at The US Post Office Fan Page:
More serious link below :-)

Comments