Days Hotel Circle by SeaWorld

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• jls274's Profile Photo

Great Stay - Reasonable Price

Clean room, helpful hotel staff, delicious complementary breakfast. Be aware this is a family place, so there are lots of kids around being kids.

• pau-fc's Profile Photo

San Diego Best

San Diego is one of the place that have lot's of tourist spot and lot's of hotel to choose what can i suggest is be smart in choosing a hotel choose a hotel that fit for you that will satisfy your desire for me the hotel i want is kind of hotel that i never experience like.Omni San Diego Hotel this hotel is one of kind even hotel.

this are the list of other hotel in San Diego

. Days Inn Hotel Circle (800) 227-4743 543 Hotel Cir S, San Diego, CA From $77, found 22 hr, 49 mins ago Located at the far west section of busy Mission Valley, this hotel is only minutes... Average Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

. Humphreys Half Moon Inn (619) 224-3411 2303 Shelter Island Dr, San Diego, CA From $135, found 09 hr, 48 mins ago "...a regular room to sometype of honnemoon room.... Well, we...That was the best..." Average Rating: 4.5 out of 5

. Golden West Hotel (619) 233-7594 720 4th Ave, San Diego, CA Get Directions "... listed. He kept... a lot of things...staff at this hotel have a..." Average Rating: 3 out of 5 stars (30)

. Loma Lodge Motel (619) 222-0511 3202 Rosecrans St, San Diego, CA Get Directions www.lomalodge.com ...beautiful Point Loma area, this small, Spanish-style hotel provides good value and charm.... Average Rating: 4 out of 5 stars (9)

. Bay View Suites (619) 336-1100 801 National City Blvd, National City, National City, CA "... not find another hotel locally. We did not... worth. The upkeep of the place was..." Average Rating: 3 out of 5 stars (18)

. Wyndham San Diego at Emerald Plaza (619) 239-4500 400 W Broadway, San Diego, CA From $179, found 03 hr, 14 mins ago nown mostly as a first-rate business travelers hotel, this gleaming highrise in the heart... Average Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars (27)

Marriott Gaslamp Quarter San Diego Merchant verified (619) 696-0234 660 K St, San Diego, CA From $229, found 04 hr, 41 mins ago This hotel lies on the outskirts of the Gaslamp near the warehouse district. At first... Average Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

. Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina (619) 291-2900 1380 Harbor Island Dr, San Diego, CA From $173, found 14 hr, 30 mins ago Although right by the airport, this hotel offers much more than convenience...waterfront and... Average Rating: 4 out of 5 stars (45)

. Sheraton Suites San Diego (619) 696-9800 701 A St, San Diego, CA From $170, found 20 hr, 37 mins In the center of downtown, find tastefully-decorated ...perfect for the business traveler at...

Unique Quality: a "deluxe room", which appears to be the name of the standard rooms here (I'd be interested to know if "pampered" had a higher room level). The beds are more or less Doubletree/Marriott quality. Better than a cheap hotel, but somewhat less than you might have at home.

The rooms are also equivalent. Not especially large or well-appointed. The bathroom, on the other hand, is much nicer than average. Although it has an ordinary tub/shower, it's expansive, tile-floored, features charming shelves and sink, thick, fluffy towels, and *very* nice bathrobes.

They technically have a fridge, except it's filled to overflowing as a "refreshment bar" as you might find in a low-quality hotel. Valet parking is pretty much a requirement, and car retrieval randomly takes from 5 to 15 minutes.

We've been offered no complimentary beverages, although a newspaper (unwanted, actually) was left on our doorstep. We did not receive a turn-down service or chocolates, either.

Another down point IS the location. It's right next to Petco Park, which means you'd better make other plans if you want to leave or come back to the hotel anytime near the start or end of a game.

In all, this is a step above the average mid-range hotel room, but it's not quite in the "luxury" class they're aiming for. I paid ~$250/night on AAA discount, and I'd stay here again at $150-175/night, but I don't consider it worth more than that.

Directions: Corner st L

More about Days Hotel Circle by SeaWorld

Nice & Clean on Hotel Circle

Our family of four stayed at the Days Inn Hotel Circle for 2 nights in late July 2005. We read a lot of awesome reviews and it sounded pretty good. Upon check-in I was greeted with really nice and funny staff. We were allowed an early check-in at 1:30, rather than 4:00 because our room was ready. We had a great rate for San Diego (around $100) especially for the busy summer season. We were even able to buy reduced rate 2 Day passes for Sea World right in the lobby. And he even included a free Shamu plush ticket to redeem at the gift shop of Sea World. There is a free airport and Sea World shuttle available, though we rented a car instead.

Our room was back away from the highway, though there are many room closer to the traffic noise. Our room was also in the inside hallway section with an elevator. Most of the rooms seemed to be "motel type" with outside corridors..so ask for the inside rooms for more security and quieter stay. We even had covered parking for free. We found our room very clean with a microwave and mini-fridge. A little snack basket awaited us with popcorn, granola bar and a bottle of water. The bathroom had plenty of towels and housekeeping refreshed them without us asking. Plenty of counter space for toiletries. Shower/tub combo. No table to eat in room. We ordered pizza and ate on our beds.

I am such a light sleeper, but we never heard any outside noise from guests, pool or cars. A free newspaper was waiting each morning.

The only issue with the Hotel Circle area is the lack of restaurants, especially in walking distance. There is a cafe attached to the inn, but we did not go there. There is no free continental breakfast here.

For the price and the number of days in our stay, this was a great place. We have stayed in MANY hotels on the Circle and this was by far one of the better deals and stays.

good value - excellent staff

by TripAdvisor Member titch01

We stayed at the Days inn Hotel Circle San Diego in Jun 04 and what a pleasant find.

hotel provide a free shuttle to /from airport and within a set radius - didnt cover wild animal park but does cover zoo and downtown/old town areas - all we needed as we didnt have own transport.

Desk and Shuttle staff very friedly and helpful, hotel rooms are clean and large enough for 4 adults to spend 6 days without problem.

on one occasion the commode wasn't clearing properly and we reported it at 10pm and someone sent within 30 minutes -

room was clean, bright and smelled fresh, grounds of hotel immaculate, mainly parking lot but still very clean. pool and hot tub clean and plenty of loungers and fresh towels at poolside for all.

excellent little restaurant /diner (Pam Pams ) on hotel grounds serving breakfast and dinner ( not sure about lunchtimes as we were away all day)

this hotel is a great find within a decent price and I would stay here agian without hesitation.

Public transport (light rail) is about a 7 minute walk away through the grounds of country hotel but as mentioned earlier staff only too keen to offer shuttle service.

Not bad...not great...

by TripAdvisor Member Parentswith2kids

My husband, two-year-old daughter and myself stayed at this Days Inn from June 11-13, 2005. Before booking it, I read all of the reviews and it seemed like it would be a clean place to stay. Then I found on their website (----) that they offer a "best rate guarantee" where they will give you your first night free if you can find a better advertised rate. I was able to find a better rate on expedia and was able to get our first night free. Our second night cost about $100. We thought that with a deal like that, why not give it a try.

The location of this hotel was good as it is near shopping and Sea World.

Upon arrival, the staff was generally friendly but not terribly enthusiastic or helpful at the front desk. They had a print-out of directions to various places, but were unable to give us directions to places that were not on their print-out.

We asked for a room in their new section where there are indoor hallways, but they said that they were full so we ended up with a room on the first floor. The room was pretty clean upon arrival. If you have looked at the pictures of their rooms on their website, that is what they look like, only in real life they are smaller and not as nice as pictured. There is ample parking during the day but it gets more full at night time. We were away from the highway and didn't hear much of that noise, but we could hear every car park and people walking by.

We left our room early the second day and gave the cleaning staff ample time to come clean our room. When we returned at 4pm it still had not been cleaned. About an hour later, someone knocked on our door and just offered to give us fresh towels. So they never cleaned our room. The bathrooms are older and not very clean.

Overall, I would say that this motel is half decent. If you are trying to save money and need a clean place to stay this hotel isn't bad. I would not pay more than $60/night for this hotel. We also stayed at the Marriott Del Mar at the end of our trip for a little more each night and it is well worth it to pay a bit more to get a nicer hotel unless you can get their best rate guarantee. We would not stay here again.

Hope this helps! Happy travels!

Very Accomodating

by TripAdvisor Member MI4224

Large rooms. Very clean and comfortable. But the best part was the staff, everyone from the front desk to the housekeeping staff and especially the shuttle crew were great. Any question or need we had was answered or taken care of. I have never stayed at such an accomodating hotel.

Good enough!

by TripAdvisor Member Madchen

This motel was fine. It was clean. We asked for an extra pillow and blankets and housekeeping was there within minutes. the bathroom door is just a sliding wooden door and we couldn't get it to latch, so there was no way to lock it. We were on the second floor and could hear the people upstairs walking around a lot. The room had a mini-fridge, coffee maker, ironing board and blow dryer.

The cafe attached to the hotel had really good food! Four of us ate there a couple of times and we all really liked our meals. The people working in the cafe are friendly. That was probably the best part of the motel.

value for money

Dont know what Americans expect from a motel, but we arrived from the UK and were pleasantly surprised at the value of the rooms.We did not expect 5 star and we got what we paid for.We had no rental car, but transport is only 5 mins walk away and the trolley system takes you to all places of interest in the city area.The free shuttle buses from the hotel are a great service and the drivers are very pleasant.

There are various cafes in the area,all within walking distance, all serving good food and the local liquer store was very handy.

All in all, it was a good stay and we would return here again.

Loved Days Inn at Hotel Circle South

We stayed at Days Inn for a long stay unusual for the hotel. We were there 16 nights most travellers stop off one or two nights. The hotel was ideal for our needs. My husband is a wheelchair user and all our requirements were met. Very clean , great staff especially at the Pam Pam grill , what a find. Super pool. Would definitely use again in fabulous San Diego.

Fantastic service here!

by TripAdvisor Member lillady718

I am giving this hotel an above average rating because of the great service! We stayed at the end of July 2005 for 3 days.

The conciege/shuttle driver "Lamont" is FANTASTIC- my family loved him. He went out of his way to give us advice, even gave us a ride to the near vicinity of Petco Park (Padres stadium).

The front desk girl - can't remember her name- always gave me great advice on directions, meals, attractions, etc. She gave me a coupon for appetizers at a nearby steak place, and a coupon for a free "Shamu" animal at Sea World.

While I have stayed at hotels with more/newer amenities- I don't think I've stayed anywhere that gave such great service!

The hotel is older, but kept up and clean.
The shuttles to Sea World and the zoo were invaluable to my family and I.

Days Inn Hotel Circle

by Simone511

I shall be spending a few days in San Diego for a few days in February and am thinking of booking into the Days Inn Hotel Circle. Am hoping that someone who has stayed there fairly recently can give me their opinion of the hotel/motel.

by Fullmoonfever

Hi,

I have never stayed in that hotel, so can't give you detailed info about that one. But I have stayed in several other Days Inns. They were all as I expected. They were nice but not upscale.

Sorry

by yvr

Good location and the last time I stayed there they had just rennovated all the rooms. There are so many hotels/motels on Hotel circle, I think that to compete with the others in the area, it must be kept in good order

by lmkluque

I've never stayed there but can tell you as the poster above made the point, there is a lot of competition in that area and each hotel/motel does it's best. Having said that, keep in mind that in a general sense, Days Inn is a "utility" type place with only some of the amenities offered by better hotels. Of course, it offers a safe, clean place to sleep for a good price. There is parking if you'll rent a car, a bus stop, that will take you to the SD Trolley, not far away, as well as their own shuttle bus. Also there are quite a few restaurants near, including their own Palm Grill Cafe.

"Hotel Circle" is constructed on two roads straddling the north and south side of Interstate 8. This is a busy freeway and you might ask about the acoustics of the room or for a room in the back, if you are a light sleeper. Mission Valley shopping mall is on the north side of I-8 and most of the hotels are on the south side. Besides the hotel restaurants there are TGIF's, El Torito and Bennihanas in that area and more on the north side of the freeway.

Comments