Days Inn SeaWorld / Airport

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 27% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

• Basaic's Profile Photo

Nice Motel at Loma Point

$77 in November 2012. This motel has a few extras like a small refrigerator and microwave, and a nice TV with HBO and quite a few channels. The staff seemed nice too. Standard continental breakfast. The second morning I was there they changed the rules and you no longer had to pay $5 extra for a hot breakfast. One of the nicer hotels I stayed in this trip. Conveniently located on Loma Point.

Unique Quality: Good Breakfast!

• uu2bdd's Profile Photo

good all around location

we were very pleased with the location of the hotel! many resturants, fast food, stores of all kinds with in walking distance. after driving around most of the day it was real nice to be able to walk around in the late afternoon and evening to go eat and shop.

this hotel is a pretty much "no frills" but it was clean and there is a pool and jaccuzi. great for the kids.

having lived in s.d. many years ago and now as a tourist i would recommend this location over hotel circle. at hotel circle your are limited in the eateries and shopping with in walking distance. not so here on rosecrans.

a real life saver for us unprepared travelers is a 24 hr walgreens right next door! we needed shoe laces, neosporin, band aids, film, water shoes you name it!

Unique Quality: i found that we stayed for much less than is advertised for this days inn. we went thru expedia.

More about Days Inn SeaWorld / Airport

You Definitely get what you paid for

by TripAdvisor Member Emed32

My wife and I stayed at the Days Inn Seaworld/Airport from Aug 31st - Sep 3rd to attend a friends wedding and to see some sites. We chose this hotel because of it's close proximity to the airport and seaworld.

It's an okay stay and suited our needs just fine, however there were a couple of glitches along the way, and a few things that can be improved upon by hotel management.

They seem to really stay true to their check in time of 3pm .. we arrived at 230pm and was told that nothing was ready so we got something to eat across the street.

Upon entering our room, I found our air conditioner non-functioning and dripping water onto the carpet. We called the desk and within 5 minutes, a maintenance worker was at our door (kudos to them for fast response). In about 15 minutes of clearing the ice out of the AC he had it working and we had no more problems with it during our stay.

Our room was clean, and to our surprise there was a refrigerator located in the dresser, however it was non-functioning as well. We did not complain about this since we were not planning on using it. Complimentary breakfast is served daily from 6a-10a, with your choice of only 2 items. They offer most breakfast foods hot and cold, however being a pancake eater .. it would have been nice for them to offer bacon or sausage .. which they don't have neither. But alas .. I'll survive .. no biggie.

For being labor day weekend, the hotel was full, but relatively quiet and we were never disturbed at night. I was concerned about the parking situation when I read some of the other previews here, about no spaces and being cramped. The parking lot is indeed on the smaller side, but we were fortunate enough to always find a spot, even when we arrived back to the hotel late at night. I just wouldn't bring any real large SUV's to this hotel .. you might find it difficult squeezing into a spot.

We always had enough clean towels. The only last thing to mention is to be sure to engage the dead bolt and lock bar on your door once you're inside. One afternoon my wife and I returned from the beach, and were laying on the bed watching TV, when the maid used her key and opened the door to bring in another towel. She stopped when she saw us on the bed (fortunately we were dressed). However she did not knock at all. Next time I'll be sure to engage all locks!

Overall this hotel served our purposes fine ... probably wouldn't stay here again though. Good luck!

Awful experience

by TripAdvisor Member ctandoc

I would like to strongly recommend that vistors not stay at this hotel. My son and I had an awful experience. We used the shuttle to go to Sea World. The shuttle ride in the morning was wonderful. The shuttle driver asked if we wanted to call for pick up or arrange a pickup. I stated that we did not have access to phones so we should arrange a pickup. The driver stated what if I pick you up at five at the drop off spot. My son and I agreed. We actually were out at the spot a half hour early. The shuttle never came for us. We decided to walk the distance of three miles to get to the hotel, however, that did not work out because there was a freeway we could not cross. Thank God for some employees of Sea World, who helped us get on a city bus to take us back to the hotel. We had borrowed a young kids phone to call but no one answered at the hotel. Ths was very scary for us because we had no clue how to get back. When we told the hotel about the experience when we finally arrived at the hotel the employees just laughed about the situation. We were asked if we had called and we told them yes but no one answered. They stated that was impossible because they had been answering the phones. I am just glad for the good people who helped us get back and that nothing bad happened to us. I would strongly not recommend this hotel.

Perfect for a budget

by TripAdvisor Member airbear2116

My boyfriend and I went to San Diego for the zoo, gaslamp quarter, and whale watching. The hotel staff, for the most part, were very pleasant. The room was in good shape, nice size, beds were comfortable, didnt notice any outside noise, and had a mini fridge. Apparently we were responsible for making sure the temperature was turned up but did not realize this until check out so some of our food was spoiled...but thats not why we were there. Gaslamp is a lot of fun but can be quite expensive..I highly recommend taking a taxi because parking can be a little tricky. There is a parking garage for the nearby mall but less worry if you pay the $17 to have someone else drive =). The second night we were there, we drove ourselves around to the beach and other popular spots and didnt return back to the hotel until close to midnight. There was not a single parking spot available. Granted, the hotel is 3 stories and has limited space but I went to the front desk to find out what to do. They have an agreement with the hotel next door who has covered parking. As I was getting instructions, my boyfriend was still driving around the parking lot and was able to find someone leaving so we got lucky. There is no continental breakfast but an awesome restaurant on the property. Very affordable.

Budget Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Tinkerbelly

This place was just right for us. We attended my cousins graduation from the Marine's and one night stay here was good. I did not like the parking lot, the car spaces are pretty tight and it is very dark. But I do like the service the hotel has. They provide you with breakfast & a van shuttle to the Marine graduation. It was very convienent for us. I would only have stayed here a night or two. I don't like the smell of hotels, they smell like smoke.

Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member miabee

I read the reviews on this site after I had booked my trip, and I don't think the majority of the reviews posted represent this hotel accurately. The room looked exactly as it did in the pictures. The staff was extremely friendly, free breakfast was cooked to order, and the room was very clean. I stayed 5 days without complaint. Would definitely recommend and stay at this particular Days Inn again.

I had hoped for better...

by TripAdvisor Member wks880

I was hoping by some of the reviews this motel would be decent. I didn't expect a 5 star motel. But I did expect clean, comfortable, free shuttle and free breakfast.

The only thing that kept us at this hotel, was Joseph, the very helpful and informative shuttle driver. He was awesone in suggesting tasty restaraunts, shuttling us to old town and the harbour in "off hours" and giving helpful tips in arranging tours/sightseeing.

Our flight was late 12:30am,,,no free shuttle to the motel. Free airport shuttle is only from 6am-10pm.
No continental breakfast (AMA books states free cont. breakfast). I was told this hasn't happened in years.
I paid extra for a kitchenette. It was not worth the extra money. This kitchenette was a mini fridge/stove top/sink combo and mini microwave, squeezed into the space at the end of the counter with the sink and mirror. (Outside the bathroom)

Room was dingy and my 2 girls and I did not take off our shoes on the carpet...YUCK.

Neither us or anyone I met at the hotel, ate at the motel restaraunt "Pam Pam". Even one of the bus drivers didn't recommend it.

We were lucky, we didn't have to spend any great amount of time in the room.

Noisy hotel

by TripAdvisor Member saltima

Ok hotel, clean and updated suite, but very noisy in morning when guests are leaving the hotel or other guests are taking showers...you hear water running from other rooms. Don't recommend a room near stairs...kids run up and down....breakfast good and service good...just need to sound proof the walls!

Disgusting Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member WAStarr

You would think by the name of this hotel that it was in a good location near Sea World in San Diego. It was across the street from DeJaVu! The facility was dirty, uninviting. The room was questionable as to its cleanliness - we were afraid to touch anything. The breakfast was pre-made powdered eggs, pre-made pancakes, luke warm and not very good. There was a loud party going on in the next room into the wee hours of the morning so we got little sleep. It took two calls to the office to get it quieted down. We saw many Days Inn facilities in the San Diego area that looked newer and nicer. This one was not acceptable. We paid for 3 nights and left after the first night. Do not stay at this hotel!

Good Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Verybasic

We booked this hotel through Hotels.com for a reasonable rate ($72/nt) for a two room king suite. We stayed 3 nights (2 adults and 2 kids). The room was clean and updated. The hot breakfast in the morning was good and the eating area was pretty large. Seaworld, the airport, beaches, Petco park and many other things are minutes away. The first night our airconditioner was dripping water. I called the front desk and they were very helpful to get us another room which was very close. On the downside, the parking lot is extremely small which makes it very difficult to park if the lot is getting full. Also, as others have said the walls do appear to be "thin" and noise can be a factor. Overall a good stay.

Comments