Extended Stay America San Diego - Carlsbad Village By The Sea

1050 Grand Avenue, San Diego, California, 92008, United States

More about San Diego

Tide PoolsTide Pools

Baby back ribsBaby back ribs

the iconthe icon

boardwalkboardwalk

VT Meeting May 7

by Imaniac

Since I joined VT in 2003, I have met over 100 VTers from all over the world. Whenever I'm abroad, and have a little time to spare, I try to meet some of the local VTers. Now, it so happens I will be in San Diego for a few days in May. I was wondering if anyone living in the area is up for a night in the town.

The plan is to meet as 7 o'clock in La Jolla. Since it's a Friday, it is best to book a table at a restaurant. Now I love sushi. And if you're not in Japan, where better to go than California. Tadashi Sushi seems like a good place to go.

But if any of you don't like sushi at all, we could always go somewhere else.

Re: VT Meeting May 7

by lmkluque

Hi, I would be interested in meeting you in La Jolla as I'm sure others might as well. However, it would all depend upon my budget at the time.

Yes, if the restaurant accepts reservations, it would most likely be best. (Some restaurants only take "first come first serve.")

Linda

Travel Tips for San Diego

What's on the Radio?

by Bellinghamster

I like Jazz, and KIFM 98.1 FM is a nice "Smooth Jazz" station, I even listen to it here at home over the Internet.

They have links to many Jazz events in the area, clubs, etc. Nice resource for those who like Mindi Abair, Dave Koz, Hiroshima, Chris Botti, Praful, etc. For Talk radio, I like KOGO 600 & KCBQ 1170. KOGO has Rush, and in the afternoon, Roger Hedgecock. KCBQ has Laura Ingraham, Hugh Hewitt, Michael Medved, and others. I listen to them over the internet (can't get Seattle stations here very well.

San Diego Tip

by KimC2000

I loved Ocean Beach, which is just outside of downtown San Deigo. We spent a long time at the backpackers hostel there, which is great. You could walk to the beach in about 5 seconds, passing the best wrap/smoothie place in the whole world.

Street Scene started nearly 20...

by palomani

Street Scene started over 20 years ago on one block of vacant land and is now one of the largest music festivals on the West Coast. Traditionally held the weekend after Labor Day in San Diego's Gaslamp District, it has changed dates, locations and promoters over the past few years. Quite frankly it's gone downhill. My tip is not to waste your time or money...

For more info, check out www.street-scene.com.

San Diegans take pride in their city!

by MeowFoolery

San Diegans KNOW how beautiful San Diego is and they take pride when they run into tourists. San Diegans are friendly and generally will assist out-of-towners with direcctions, restaurant suggestions, etc. They are a laid-back, pretty happy bunch. I'd say the nice weather brings it out in them! Like anywhere, you won't get any love if you are rude/stuck-up, or litter their beautiful town!

What is that tree?

by matcrazy1

Sometimes they have very exotic (for me) trees in their backyards - what is that tree with big fruits?
It's an avocado, REED AVOCADO. They are the biggest and best tasting of any avocado
I’ve ever had.