Good Nite Inn San Diego Seaworld - Sports Arena

Travelocity Priceline.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 14% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

More about Good Nite Inn San Diego Seaworld - Sports Arena

It wasn't the Hilton but was better than previous reviews!

We just returned from a weekend at the Good Nite Inn Sea World. I read the reviews from 2004 and 2005 and got a little scared. I saw the managers comments saying that they were in the process of remodeling and hoped it was true. We were very relieved to see that everything the manager stated WAS true! The hotel was $74 a night and the rooms had all new paint, carpet, curtains, bedding, furniture, granite counter tops, new bath tubs, and all new tile around the shower. The room was very clean as were the linens. We were in a room designated for a smoker and there was no smoke smell. The parking lot still had large storage containers from all the remodeling supplies which made parking a little tight, but they also had underground parking avail. It was nice having Denny's across the street for breakfast. We didn't have any problems with drunk people from the strip club down the street, as a matter of fact we never saw or heard anyone from down there. What we did see were the fireworks from Sea World at night from our window! The office staff was a little rough around the edges with regard to being young adults and not being professional but we aren't talking about the Hilton here.

Over all I would recommend this hotel to my friends for a short weekend stay if they are going to be out running most of the time. All the upgrades were nice to see.

facts

It has been 1 year since I have stayed at the Good Nite Inn/Seaworld and this will now be my second review. During my stay at this hotel, nothing will ever change my opinion about the accomodations during my stay. In my own opinion, it was gross and until I see improvements, it will always be gross, but I would never waste my time or $ to just see! The reason I am writing is I have seen many comments abouts drunks and hookers on the property. Well, NOT ONCE did I ever come across either one if not both. The hotel was very quiet during the evening. As far as the strip clubs are concerned with the loud music playing at all hours, we never heard it and our room was facing the clubs. What we did here was laughter coming from the store which mind you closed at 10 pm. I read one review regarding there was no dining within walking distance other than Dennys or Jack in the Box. So not true. There is a steakhouse 2 blocks down from the hotel, there is a Olive Garden 5 blocks down, there is a place called Chipolte 3 blocks down, and many others. Again, I was grossed out with this hotel, but I needed to state the facts. Happy Traveling!

Newly Renovated Rooms

I just stayed here a couple weeks ago and I have to say I was a little worried after reading several of these reviews. However, I found out upon my arrival that the hotel has undergone a huge remodel. Sounds like it needed it, too. My room was great. Nice, comfortable bed, cable TV, refrigerator, nice pool, and the room was clean. Pretty good location as I was able to walk to several restaurants. It looks like the hotel is still doing a bit of remodeling, but overall, it was great...especially for the rate.

Unsafe

by TripAdvisor Member mojo121

When we arrived in our room, it wasn't done, so we called and a maid brought the missing items (phone book, pillow cases, shower curtain) and finished making the beds.

Later that evening, we called (after the maids had left) asking for a remote to the TV and though it was promised, it was never delivered.

Before going to sleep, I went to make sure the window was locked, but the window was broken and could not be locked. Also, it looked like the aluminum guide that the sliding window sits on had been cut into pieces, then bent back into shape, and then reformed using a grinder. It was very sharp and looked similar to a large saw blade. Just the thing for young children, eh?

This room HAD been renovated, but the window apparently was not part of the renovation plan.

There were a few scary-looking characters walking around, and we did not feel comfortable knowing that we were in a room with an unlockable window.

We had no problems with noise from the strip joint (we did face it), but there was a lot of noise from (apparently) drunk hotel patrons whooping it up before & after their night "out".

There are warnings posted by the hotel not to buy food from vendors who slip advertisements under the room doors - they apparently charge your credit card and never bring the food (who knows what else they might do with your card number?).

It would be nice if hotel management would spend a little of that multi-million dollar renovation money to restrict access to patrons only (anyone can just walk right up to your room in this less-than-desirable neighborhood). We just didn't feel safe there and with 2 small children, safety is paramount.

It would also be nice if the night crew were more responsive to requests.

Expedia says that all 149 rooms have refrigerators, but there was no refrigerator in our room.

The bottom line on this hotel:

The reviews are spot on. Its cheap. Its next to strip clubs. The area looks sketchy... very sketchy, especially at night. Messy airport industrial area I guess, but very near the highway and 10min from airport -mostly lights. The staff is not going to be polished and don't expect 5 stars for the room either. Mine (#120) was very basic. Yes, a slight "wet basement" smell, but it grows on you quickly. Just flick on the A/C. Surprisingly, my bathroom was nearly completely new. I noticed at least 5 rooms gutted ready for renovation. So the dirty complaints should be a less often occurrence -if you get the right room. Hampton Inn directly next door, several restaurants/drug stores very near by. Oh, and everyone double parks.

Good luck

Crappy place to stay, I did it twice!

by TripAdvisor Member G_in_LA

The first time I was really drunk, so I didn't notice how dumpy that place was. This time I was buzzed, but sober enough:

- how loud the place is, you can hear EVERYTHING
- how badly the room smelled
- the numerous HOLES in the bedding
- how disgusting the elevator is

For $100 per night, it is NOT worth staying there!

Great Price-Good Location-New Room

by TripAdvisor Member scottBrigham_UT

I have stayed in this hotel before and did not want to stay again because of my room. However, they have remodeled now and my room was excellent. New carpet, new bathrooms, the works! I liked my stay and will stay here again.

Absolutely the worst!!!

This was our first and our last stay here at this place. My family stayed over for one night during the Memorial Day weekend. NEVER, EVER AGAIN!!!! The neighborhood was awful & unsavory. Next door was some sort of pool hall/bar joint. Our 2nd story room was on the side facing it & we could see inside the hall & its parking lot, which was strewn with trash, a broken down piano & a big truck covered in graffiti. The room was small; the carpet was old & stained. The lock in our room was broken. I have 2 small kids & I just didn't feel safe there. We called maintenance & the man came quickly enough. However, after looking at the lock for 1 minute, he said there was nothing he could do about it but he would talk to the manager who would then give us a call. We waited for half an hour & never heard back from the manager. My husband called him. The manager on duty that evening was incredibly rude. He refused to do anything. He even ignored a second phone call that we placed to him later on. We called the front desk & he refused to answer. It was very apparent that this place has no concept of good customer service, or any service for that matter . I was glad to see the last of this horrible place. Not family- or tourist-friendly. AVOID THIS PLACE!!!

Too Pricey for its worth

This hotel has signs posted all over that read something to the affect that "materials around that hotel may cause cancer". This was not very reassuring. Because we could not find another hotel, we stayed out all day and only slept at the hotel. The hotel is open to anyone which was a little scary. No security. If you come in very late, be aware of your surroundings. A couple of nude places a couple of blocks down, but they stayed in that area.

Because of the location of this hotel, it is a great place as I-5 is easy off and easy on. Major attractions very close to the hotel. Hotel should spend some money on updating the rooms and getting security. No coffee pots in the room. Room was very clean, but sheets had holes in them. There is a Hampton Hotel next door.

Most definitely would not stay there again because of the signs and you do not feel safe at nights.

One Magnificent Coastal Town!

by Retifiso

San Diego is often conferred as America’s most near perfect town; I would not hesitate to applaud that acclaim. I stayed at the Good Nite Inn, a surprisingly fit, below moderate pricing, three-star hotel on Waring Road, just off of I-8W approaching downtown. The evening host, Jonah made the stay even more inviting. His knowledge of dinning venues suitable to most palates, places of interest, and affordable things to do was extraordinary. The city is richly appointed and refreshed by the cool spray from San Diego bay. Make sure your visit includes amble time spent in La Jolla, Old Town, Coronado, and Balboa Park. I took an all day tour that covered most of the city, an ocean cruse, and a few hours of choice shopping in Tijuana, Mexico. I plan to return next summer as part of a two-week jaunt from Las Vegas through Arizona to San Diego. I am looking for travel partners now.

Hotels

by GUYON

What is your opinion or your experience of these hotels which are either in the Hotel Circle or in Downtown :

„h Econolodge 445 Hotel Circle South San Diego,
„h Comfort Inn & Suites 2201 Hotel Circle South
„h Good Nite Inn 3880 Greenwood Street San Diego CA 92110
„h Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo sea Word 2485 Hotel Circle Place
„h S Street Inn 222 J St corner with 2nd Av

I already know they are not at the same level of price but I am still hesitating.

Thanks
RAY

Re: Hotels

by GUYON

I apologize the 5th hotel is the "J street Inn".

by GUYON

Thanks a lot Jenn but I cannot succeed to know clearly the price : 110 or 155$ in June ? I think it depends if the room is faced to the ocean or not ?
RAY

by Jeannette1

Guyon, I am so glad you are looking at other hotels besides Motel 6 LOL

Also, don't forget that the hotel tax is not quoted in the rate. It varies from city to city...could be 11% or 14% added to the quoted rate.

Thanks Jeannette.
As a French native you know we are sensible on the matter of tax and in France the price are given tax included even if some hotel forget the "taxe de sejour" (0.76€).
At this stage, I compare the hotels on the pre-tax basis and I suppose they have all the same tax rate (?).

by Jeannette1

Yes, Guyon...same tax rate for the same city but it can vary from one city to another. I think it's easy to forget to add the tax when planning a trip.

Comments