HYATT REGENCY LA JOLLA

Hyatt Regency La Jolla
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

• chengie_19's Profile Photo

Relaxation at its Finest

If relaxation is what you are looking for, Hyatt Regency La Jolla is the pefect hotel for you. Discover the resort-like splendor of San Diego's Golden Triangle in this spectacular landmark hotel on the city's Northern shore. This calming resort hotel is the best in town. Each room includes irons, ironing boards, AM/FM alarm clocks, hairdryers, coffee makers, mini bars, saftey deposit boxes, voice mail and computer hook ups. The hotel also offers T-Mobile WiFi service available in the guestroom and beyond. This is a highly recommended hotel because its service is exceptional. Everyone would enjoy staying here.

Unique Quality: Fun-filled activities available in the hotel are The Sporting Club and Spa, Full Size Indoor Basketball Court, Two Lighted Tennis Courts and an Outdoor Olympic-Style Pool and Jacuzzi. If you are up for a great dining experience Hyatt Regency has a lot to offer like Café Japengo, Blue Coral, Flemings Prime Steakhouse and The Melting Pot.

Directions: The hotel is minutes from UTC Shopping Plaza, Del Mar Race Track, Sea World, Legoland, San Diego Zoo, Qualcomm Stadium, beaches and Downtown La Jolla.

• mstinawu's Profile Photo

Close to UCSD

This was your everyday mid to upscale Hyatt. Clean, comfortable and without too much charm. It's a Hyatt afterall--what do you want?! =P

Unique Quality: I actually liked the design of their room with their retro colors and designs.

Directions: Across the street from UCSD

• Cham's Profile Photo

Grand Hotel

My Cousin's wedding was at this hotel, and therefore we all stayed there for a few nights with the rest of the family flying in from everywhere.

I guess I'm just used to the hotels in the middle east where the rooms are bigger and more luxurious... especially for the price we were paying for this place. It wasn't so bad though, the pool area and gym were nice, the reception staff were very nice (to me).

Compared to a london hotel the rooms were spacious and the bathroom was very nice.

Not too sure why we had to pay for parking even though we were staying in the hotel as a guest though.

Unique Quality: great pool and gymnasium... lots of beautiful people around... the breakfast hall is worth going to as the food was great

More about HYATT REGENCY LA JOLLA

Rude Staff, but a nice place to stay

My husband and I spent three nights at the Hyatt La Jolla in early December 2004. The hotel has a great location and offers numerous amenities for their guests. The only problem that I can see is in their availability of parking in their attached structure. Our room was very nice and spacious. The hotel staff were polite but a bite short. My only guess would be that they are used to dealing with a "high end" crowd. Upon check-in I was very greeted very rudely by the staff. I feel that this is probably due to my attire as I was in sweats as my travel clothes. Avoid the lobby restaurant as it is very over priced. Down the street is a great local deli and breakfast spot called Elijah's. Their food is wonderful and will not break your budget.

Had a great time!

My husband was scheduled to attend a Brazilian jiu-jitsu seminar the week of July 12th, so I went along with him to sunny California (from Pennsylvania) to hang out by the hotel pool while he did his thing from 9-4 everyday. I read the reviews on this site prior to our booking reservations and determined that we would park our rental car around the hotel instead of using the valet service which, in my opinion, is an expensive and unnecessary "convenience." We had no problem whatsoever finding parking during the 7 days we were there. The hotel was lovely and I can't compliment enough the concierge who happily answered any questions we had about the area. The pool was GREAT, though I was somewhat disappointed that the poolside bar wasn't open during the week. However, a simple call to room service was enough to have a pina colada delivered to me. The exercise facility was nice and a 3-day pass for hotel guests was only $24, which I found rather reasonable. All in all, I would stay there again in a heartbeat. The weather was gorgeous and the people were friendly. Thumbs way up!

Great location for exploring San Diego

Just returned from a long weekend at the Hyatt and was very impressed. First, the hotel is physically beautiful. Exterior architecture and lobby are fantastic. Second, the room was recently remodeled (as they all are) and was quite comfortable. Lots of feather pillows, so ask for foam if you're allergic like I am! Third, staff was very helpful and quick to respond to any and all requests.

One drawback is $22/day for parking. Like previous posters, we parked on the streets next door to the Aventine complex for free. Never parked more than a block or two away and enjoyed walking around the apartments/condos nearby.

The I-5 location is GREAT for exploring the city. Hyatt guests are 5 minutes from the La Jolla village, 3 minutes from the UTC mall, 15-20 minutes from the Wild Animal Park and 10-15 from the airport/downtown.

$16/day Parking fee in the middle of nowhere

Like: Quite, great pool, convenient location and comforter instead of blanket, friendly wait staff
Dislike: expensive parking, no in room Internet, no safe.
Conclusion: subpar business oriented hotel.

Stayed there during the Labor day weekend. Hotel and the rooms are OK. Love the comforter instead of a thin blanket. However, there is no in room safe to keep your valuables and the receptionist forgot to give us the minibar keys.

Paid $16/day for parking in a deserted lot shared with a adjcent office building. There are parkings around the block.

The valet attendants won't let you standing in front of the lobby for even a minute unless you use the valet. Very annoying.

No in-room internet access even on the business plan floor, but T-mobile Hot Spot available around pool and lounge area for a fee. Has the best pool among area hotels. Relatively quite and nothing to do in the immediate area. Thankfully, plenty of shopping, sightseeing destinations in a short drive .

Did not get a chance to check out the spa which is heavily advertised. The reservation desk at the hotel was rude.

Got a better deal at Hyatt.com with complementary full american breakfast using AAA card. Room walls are awefully thin as you can hearing people taking showers next door.

Loved this hotel...

My husband and I stayed here twice for weekend getaways. We received a great rate from Priceline. The rooms were beautiful and clean. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The whole place is gorgeous and fairly close to beautiful La Jolla beaches. The only dislike was the underground parking garage. I highly recommend this beauty!

overall, a good stay

by TripAdvisor Member Cortez55403

Stayed there 4 nights over the Christmas holiday.

Positives included: lobby coffee bar with Starbucks coffee open at 6 am; health club/spa for $12 daily fee; location close to Int. 5 for access north and south in San Diego; Japengo restaurant across the street, great for lunch, noisy scene at dinner

Negatives included: mediocre service, eg. 8 am knocks on door by minibar attendant- use "privacy please" sign; hallway vacuuming at 9 am; hotel bar is big, empty, uninviting space; valet parking a must; ok rooms with small bathrooms; staff unevenly trained-- place doesn't give an impression of being well managed.

In sum, good, not great hotel. Get the best rate possible. We paid $150-190 while the senior in our group got a $93 rate. She was ecstatic while we were just ok.

ZZZZ!!!

A quiet weekend getaway. And for $190 for a night, I had one of my best sleep in months. They have the best pillows, rivaled only by The Bellagio. Tasteful bathroom. Intimate bar on the ground floor. Nice pool, uncrowded. A few minutes away is the Crabcatcher Restaurant overlooking the cove. Heavenly clam chowder!

Ideas for La Jolla (San Diego in general) for this weekend w/ little kids

by Imjustagirl

I'll be in San Diego this coming Sunday through Tuesday with my husband and two girls (2 and 4). We'll be staying at the Hyatt La Jolla and plan to visit Sea World Monday. Other than that, we don't have any definate plans. We've done the Wild Animal Park and Zoo already this summer, so we're looking more for simple relaxing (and cheap) activities. This is a 'last hoora' trip before my 4YO daughter starts school next month.

We'd like to spend a few hours swimming/playing at the beach. We figure that will probably happen on Sunday, possibly Tuesday. Any beach suggestions?

What other activities or sites would you suggest? We briefly visted La Jolla cove last month, and I think we'd like to visit there again. My girls LOVE the water though, so I'd love a good suggestion for a nice beach for them to play/explore.

Are there any (family friendly) restaraunts you would suggest? The girls are very well behaved so that's not a concern, but no suit/tie establishments :)

Also, any hints or warnings about Sea World? It's been a few years since I've been, it will be a first for my husband and my 2YO. I remember having a hard time finding edible meals last time I was there (about 2 years ago). Has the food improved at all? If we plan well, we could eat right before we go and plan for a late dinner so that we can avoid their nasty food and just snack while we are there. I'd prefer to eat there though if anyone has a suggestion.

We're very excited about our litte trip :) Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Ideas for La Jolla (San Diego in general) for this weekend w/ little kids

by Imjustagirl

Thanks guys! I'll look those things up :)

Re: Re: Ideas for La Jolla (San Diego in general) for this weekend w/ little kids

by Imjustagirl

Thanks guys!!! Boy it was crowded down there!!!! My gosh! We ended up at Torry Pines one day and Oceean Beach (we have friends there) the other day. It was a lovely trip!!!!

We'll definatly have to check out WyndanSea and the Cave store (or whatever it's called) on our next visit (which will have to be when tourist season ends :-).

Thanks again!