Hampton Inn San Diego-Airport-Sea World

Booking.com Priceline.com Hotels.com

Rated 13% higher but also costs 60% more than other 2.5 star hotels

• Ken_Weaver's Profile Photo

Just Minutes from Sea World

This Hampton Inn is about 10 minutes from the airport and about 5 minutes from Sea World. I stayed there for 3 months early in 2005. When I first arrived I was given a first floor room right off of the pool. After about 20 minutes in the room, I realized that the room had recently been flooded due to unusually heavy rains early in the year. My first clue was the musty smell and my second clue was the row of sandbags just outside my sliding class door. I asked to be moved and the staff responded positively and efficiently.

Unique Quality: The front desk crew was very good at directing people to the attractions in the area. Unfortunately, I had emergency surgery on a ruptured disc while I was there and the staff accomodated me graciously. The manager brought me an icepack that proved to ease some of the pain. For a week or so, I couldnt even walk with crutches and the staff brought me breakfast to my room. As I got better they let me park under the covered entry way so I didnt have so far to go to get to my room!

The complimentary breakfast was always good. The pool was very well kept and the spa was great for my recovering back. Parking is free but after 9pm you would have to park on a street if you returned late.

The hotel offers free highspeed internet and it was very reliable(Cox Communication)

There was no business center as typically offered by Hilton Hotels, but there is a PC in the lobby for guest use...just give them a piece of ID and they will give you the key to the cabinet.

The neighborhood looks abit seedy at first with a bunch of stripjoints next door, but if you go a few blocks further west to Sports Arena Way or Midway, you will find great shopping and restaurants. If you go east, about 6 blocks you will be in Old Town, which is a great dining, historical, and shopping area.

Directions: West of I-5 about a block actually off Rosencranz.

More about Hampton Inn San Diego-Airport-Sea World

HOTEL RATES

by HUNNICUTT

WE ARE 70+ YEARS OLD WHAT KIND OF RATE CAN YOU GIVE US FROM 4-30 TO5-5 WE ARE NOT HANDYCAP. WE ALREADY HAVE OUR TICKETS FOR THE FLIGHT.
WE WOULD LIKE THE HOTEL RATES FOR THE ONE ON 5434 KEARNY MESA RD SAN DIEGO.

Re: HOTEL RATES

by bocmaxima

This is awesome!

Re: HOTEL RATES

by Beausoleil

I assume you mean the Hampton Inn in San Diego at that address. You can reach them by copying and pasting the following web address into your browser window.

Or you can call them toll free at 1 (800) 230-4134. You didn't list your country of residence on your Home Page so I don't know if you live in the USA. If you do not, it might be easier to book through the web site. Usually the "senior" rate or if you belong to the AAA their special rate are the two lowest hotel rates at Hampton Inns.

Enjoy San Diego it's a wonderful city with a lot to see and do.

Comments