401 K Street, San Diego, California, 92101, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Frisbeeace's Profile Photo

Best one for conventioners

After our funny story with the Hostel we decided to go all the other way and stay at the Hilton. The hotel is very nice, perfectly located if you're attending a convention and modern. It is the smallest Hilton hotel I've stayed in with not too many rooms I guess.

Unique Quality: I find its location better than the Marriott or Hyatt which are placed to the north side of the Convention Center but across the railway and somehow more distant from 5th avenue were all the action is.

Directions: Gaslamp Quarter, just across the Convention Center.

More about Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter

Phenomenal Corporate Meeting Arrangements

Gaslamp Hilton staff was able to meet every request made, despite the fact that it was a last second venue change with no warning to the hotel.

Set-up arrangements were as we instructed, and the hotel's ability to make minor revisions thoughout the course of our 3 day event allowed us to focus on the success of the discusson topics.

Food was great, and the last morning's breakfast set-up was the perfect compliment to wrapping up our week. Again pefect execution with less than 30 minutes notice.

I would highly recommend the Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter for any upcoming corporate or private event.

Incredible But True, This Place is Perfect

When one goes to a Hotel based on their reputation you have high expectations. When those expectations are exceeded beyond credibility you are almost in shock. The Hilton Gaslamp Hotel is perfect in all respects. The rooms are tastefully appointed with more amenities that you can imagine. The Beds are the best you will ever sleep on and the rooms are quiet. The menu, presentation, and taste of their cuisine is that of the finest restraurants around and this is a hotel? The bonus is that it is right in the center of the Gas Lamp District, a fun playground like no other, everything to do and all within a few steps of the front door. Additionally, the concierge service has no equal; you want it, you have it. The first time I took my family we were astonished. This was our third trip back and it just gets better. P.S. The Spa is first class too.

Typical Terrific Trip...

Being a native of California, I did and do have a biased opinion of San Diego. It is one, if not my favorite of all cities in the U.S. Gorgeous weather, so much to do and see, and that is never a bad combo. The hardest thing to figure out is what to see, and what to do. Not to mention where to stay. There is too much to do and see, so do your homework and figure out what activities you like doing. Water sports, zoo, beach, shopping, or just plain relaxing. I will tell you about my recent trip and throw in a few pointers for the ones who have not been to this wonderful city. I stayed at the Hilton Gaslamp. Great hotel, and the prices are reasonable. I reserved the standard room, and upon my arrival was upgraded to an Executive room on the 11th floor. I am a Diamond Hilton Honors member so that helps, but if you ask, and they have space, they are pretty happy to accomodate. Just smile and ask nicely. It's amazing how much people will do for you if your nice about it. The continental breakfast in the Executive Lounge was nice as usual and we enjoyed the fresh fruit, coffee, and pastry assortment. Yogurt, cereal, and fresh orange juice were in plenty and nicely presented. The staff was great, greeted us with a smile and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. Although we didn't have many special needs, Jaime the concierge followed up with us about the water taxi to Coronado we inquired about at our arrival. She provided us with alternatives and gave us great directions on where to meet the boat. FYI, Dock 3 along the waterfront in front of the Marriott hotel. $5 one way. We had a view of the convention center, and the park in front of the hotel. Some people have made comment about the view of the convention center not being as nice as the water. Although true, the convention center is a very attractive building and the quiet park and neatly kept grounds around the hotel I think make up for it. The main thing I like about the hotel is the fact that it is small enough to keep that personal atmosphere. You get more individual attention than the big Marriott or Hyatt. We were greeted everytime we came in the door, and the staff always had a smile. We spent the first day doing a little walking along the marina and through the Gaslamp. Dinner reservations and the access from the water taxi to Peohe's (on Coronado) were perfect. Great sushi, great dinner, great service, awesome Molton Lava Cake, and the city skyline at sunset was fantastic! There is a Flemmings across the street from the Hilton with fabulous steaks and other fair. Mortons is just around the corner with similar cuisine. Excellent location is something else I can say to downtown from this Gaslamp Hilton. The second day we rented a covertable and cruised up the coast through Mission Beach, La Jolla, and Del Mar. We finished our journey in Laguna Beach with a nice lunch stop in Dana Point. After we made it back to San Diego, we went for a drink at Dick's Las Resort. Good live music, and happy crowd. The next day we spent the morning by the pool. The deck area has a nice jacuzzi, heated pool, and is great for laying out with the padded deck chairs and loungers. They even had a few that were wide enough for 2 people to relax on. Plenty of towels and most importantly quiet and peaceful. The problem I noticed at the Marriott is although they have a large resort, a gorgeous pool area, and a nice view of the marina, the pool was jam packed with kids screaming and what appeared to be total disarray. It isn't bad if you don't mind that sort of thing, but we were looking for something more quiet and relaxing. The Marriott location was not nearly as good to the Gaslamp either. We spent the rest of the last day in Seaport village and shopping at Hortons Plaza. Lunch at the Edgewater restaurant in the village was very good, and the spicy popcorn shrimp were fantastic. Not the small shrimp like you think, and the cayene pepper they use didn't make it hot at all. Rock shrimp tacos were very good also. The weather was gorgeous, the trip was perfect, and everything went wonderful. Given another day, we would have made it up to the zoo in Balboa Park, and jet skiing in the bay. Take the water taxi to Coronado and rent them right on the dock. We wanted to use the Hilton day spa, but due to the holiday it was understandably closed. Just remember, San Diego is right on the water, so even in the summer, bring some long sleeves, and light sweaters for night. I know you will have a wonderful trip!

Outstanding service and setting

As director of events for a large business membership nonprofit, I am used to receiving good to great service when I host a large event at a downtown hotel.

But the Hilton really took *exceptional* care of our group of 60 business executives.

The location is perfect for getting to a ballgame, to Coronodo Island, or quickly on the freeway to anywhere else along the coast.

The hotel is beautiful, warm and intimate. It is the perfect place for a business or vacation stay.

The concierge, Jaimie, is by far the most helpful and comprehensive concierge I've ever worked with. I don't generally ask for concierge assistance when staying for pleasure, but I came to rely on Jaimie, because she clearly takes pleasure in her job, too.

A charming hotel with a great service and a fantastic location

by TripAdvisor Member TAMUSC98

This hotel has a perfect location for cruising around the gaslamp area. Unfortunately, the pool is very small and the hot tub only can hold 4 people. But the lounge chairs are comfy - and some are big enough for two or three people - and you can call down to the restaurant and get poolside service. The business center has one computer and a printer but because of the size of the hotel its never too crowded. The indoor lounge area has flat screen t.v.s and a small bar with friendly bartenders. The outdoor lounging area is very cozy and even has a firepit. Its not the Hyatt as far as the number and size of amenitites but the location and service are great and the room itself, with the nice bedding and a good aray of cable channels are above average.

Hilton is a special place

I stayed at the Hilton over Fourth of July weekend while I was visiting my son who lives in San Diego. I visited with my granddaughter who is writing this review for me (I am 80 years old and don't know too much about the internet). I was just so happy with my stay there, I had to tell someone and my granddaughter suggested this place to write a review.

It is important because usually an older person traveling does not get the same attention that young busy executives get when they are at a first class hotel on business. Really, though, I got so much attention from the staff that I thought I was Queen for a Day. Everybody smiled and asked if I needed help. The restaurant staff was so friendly.

I noticed I was the oldest person around since most of their guests were young and were very nicely dressed. This hotel had lots of modern art (not my cup of tea, but still nice). The new Petco Park was next door and my family and I went to a game there since I love baseball...I just walked next door! That's how close it was to this hotel!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling, but especially to seniors because the people are so nice. I've gone around the world several times and I have to tell you that the Hilton in San Diego is as nice and comfortable a hotel as I've ever stayed in anywhere.

Small pool, big smiles

Whoever designed this hotel needs to come over and do my house! This place is so comfortable and stylish that I just want to move in and call all my friends to gloat.

Our room was not ready when we arrived Saturday (we arrived at 11 am and checkin time is 4pm), but the Front Desk was so nice about it. They sent us to a nice place to have lunch and called us on our cell phone when the room was ready. It only took about an hour and we were in!

We headed down to the pool and found it a little crowded. It is a small space, but found a cool double bed empty right by the deck. We spent the next few hours toasting until crisp and then showered and went to dinner in the Gaslamp (at a place the Concierge recommended...a cool seafood restaurant...I forget the name).

We walked around the Gaslamp Circle area and found it so cool...a lot like the French Quarter.
We got back to the hotel at 3AM...really a great getaway!

This is a great hotel in an even better area! Everyone was very accommodating and discreet. I'm coming back as soon as I can!

Loved the Enclave!

I enjoyed my stay at the Gaslamp Hilton very much. The staff were great and I especially loved the hot chocolate served there! I appreciate how well I was treated while I was there. I will definately stay here in the future and recommend it to my friends. Thank-You!

Airport Transfer

by wmjunejo

Would any one be kind to advice what is the best budget option to reach GsLamp District from airport ?

How much would a taxi cost ?

Are there any public transport options like buses and rail ?

I will be traveling with my family of 4 adults and have 4 luggage.

by yvr

There is public transit which would be inexpensive, however for ease of travel you might want to consider a taxi, the airport is located pretty close to downtown so the cost of a taxi would not be that expenisve.

by riorich55

If you want to take public transportation you could take Bus Route #992. Here is a link for stops and map. http://www.sdcommute.com/Services/Route.aspx?r=992. As previous poster said the airport is close to downtown area, so cab might be your best option. The only question I would have with the cab is can all 4 pieces of luggage fit into the trunk of the cab. If they are large suitcases that you have checked through there may be a problem. If they are 4 pieces that you brought on board the plane they should fit fine in the cab trunk.

by lmkluque

I agree with the previous posters that a taxi would be a better optinon for so short a distance, but I would also suggest that you contact your hotel. Most of them, downtown, offer a free/low cost shuttle from and to the airport.

by Jamesr3939

I was recently at the Hilton Gaslamp and my wife flew in late on Friday to spend the weekend. The taxi was $20 including tip. I know the Embassy Suites has a free shuttle as we took a few months ago, also.

by kennyboi

If you really insist on public transport, you can consider taking the trolley and interchange with bus 922.

by kennyboi