901 Camino del Rio South, San Diego, California, 92037, United States
Travelocity Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hilton San Diego Mission Valley

Was just like home.

Me and my friend went to San Diego for a week and stayed at the Hilton San Diego Mission Valley on my dad's hilton honors points. We were on the executive floor. We felt pretty pampered. On our first day, the hotel bellman came to our room with a VIP welcome basket filled with candy, water and other goodies. The beds were very comfortable with down comforters and four down pillows on each bed. The bathroom was very roomie and provided us with adequate counter space. We even got little chocolate chip cookies every day. The only downfall was that we had a very small fridge which was filled with drinks and snacks, but to use one of the cans of coke was $2.50 when there was a vending machine down the hall for $1.00. But if you don't eat or drink any of it, you won't get charged.

The hotel was very convenient location wise. We were right in the middle of everything. We always went to Pacific Beach which was about 15 minutes driving and the Gaslamp Quarter which was also about 15 minutes away. One hint about the gaslamp: If you park in the parking garage at horton plaza, you need to buy something at the mall to get 3 hours of free parking with validation.

The staff was very helpful and the bellmen were awesome. We used their services alot to find out how to get places. The print out they gave us with directions was very helpful.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to San Diego.

Comfortable stay at solid Hilton property

by TripAdvisor Member Tampa_Law_Guy

Just returned from spending a weekend in San Diego at the Hilton Mission Valley. My partner had booked the room through the Hilton Honors reward program, so the price was definitely right.

We had a king bedded room on an executive level floor. The room was nicely decorated and had all the necessary comforts for a relaxing weekend. The bed was especially comfortable. . .nice and soft yet firm enough for a good night's sleep. The room size was above average.

The hotel is located off a major highway, so it would be advised to request a room at the back of the hotel. Not much of a view from there either- just staring at a hillside, but nice and quiet. The hotel is easily accessible to Old Town, Balboa Park and the zoo, and shopping (Fashion Valley Shops).

Parking is in an underground garage and runs $10 a day with in and out privileges. There are some spots for free in the front of the hotel but they are very limited and quite small.

The staff was friendly and gave good directions (printed sheet with directions to most popular sights was very helpful to have hroughout weekend). Freshly baked chocolate chip cookie at night was nice touch.

No complaints regarding this property. Was very satisfied with stay.

Happy at the Hilton

by TripAdvisor Member lfcreamer

This Hilton has beautiful grounds, with a decent restaurant, and friendly staff. The rooms are decent, my only complaint would be the bathroom, it's the old style, everything in one room, with no fan and no storage. Also, they charge extra for things like parking (14/day) and use of their fitness machines. All in all, a great place ( book it on priceline, 89 rather than 225) in a great location.

A Good Solid Stay

by TripAdvisor Member pchnmain

I stayed in this hotel for six nights while on business in the area. The only downside to this hotel is that they do not have much lobby seating if you are waiting for people. The hotel is adjacent to the freeway and very close to the on / off ramp - but you cannot hear the noise once inside, (but I still recommend staying on the backside, facing the hill). There are two shopping malls located on the other side of the freeway with movie theaters, restaurants and shopping. The room was well appointed, and maintained in a consistent manner throughout the week. It was a very good stay.

Great hotel for the value!

by TripAdvisor Member hondotank

We stayed here for the Rock and Roll Marathon. While it was 10-15 minutes from downtown, it was a easy drive from I-8 to I-5 South or to Hwy 163 (much prettier and leads to the Balboa Park/Hillcrest area. We had rooms that faced the highway/malls. If you ask for the back side you will look at a nice wooded hillside. Parking cost us $5 a day - there was an free area but usually it was full and very limited. The hotel lobby is open and floored with beautiful marble. There is a pub/resturant in the hotel but we didn't visit there. We did visit the Kings Fish House across the highway and found the food good but small portions. I highly recommend Fillipi's in Little Italy - wonderful cozy Italian place with great food and atmosphere and good prices. Another good place is the Mission Cafe in Mission Beach. Good breakfasts. Todai is a wonderful Japanese buffet just down the street with more varieties of sushi and sashimi than I've ever seen. Across the interstate are malls with plenty of places to eat and shop.
The room: nice comfortable beds with down comforters, an easy chair, desk and business chair. I always appreciate having a coffeemaker there but missed not having a microwave/fridge. Service was friendly and helpful. They have a computer/internet and if you can do your business under 5 minutes there is no charge. The pool and hot tub were adequate as was the gym. For the $89 we paid (Priceline) I felt we got a extremely good value.

Nice Hotel / Good Location

by TripAdvisor Member mikos

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights in mid July. The hotel is a little dated but overall a nice place. Nick (the bellman) is the best I've seen. Friendly, polite, funny, helpful, etc. The room was your standard room with no bells or whistles. The business center is a bit sparce as it has one PC and one printer. Parking is convenient though $10 per day. The Padre Pub is nice environment (did not eat there). The breakfast buffet (Monterrey Whaling Co) is not worth it at all. We got it for free and I wanted my "money" back. It was not well stocked and most of it looked as if it had been out for awhile.

The hotel is in a great location right off Route 8. 10 minutes from Sea World, Seaport Village and the airport. 30 minutes from the Wild Animal Park. There is a large mall with plenty of shopping/restaurants across the street. Outback, Applebees, Chevy's, Denny's for eats and Macy's, Target, Movie Theater for other.

The one complaint I had (aside from the buffet) was our room's readiness. We showed at 3pm and were told our room was being cleaned. 30 minutes later we were told (after complaining) it would be another 20 minutes. Not a big deal if my wife and I were alone but we had two tired kids with us. The gave us complimentary buffet passes (yuck) for our trouble.

All in all though, a nice stay and room rates were not that bad ($159 weeknight).

A little overated by others?

by TripAdvisor Member Scianoir

Spent seven nights in this hotel with my family during July. My overall impression of it was just of an average hotel with nothing outstanding to recommend it. The rooms were clean and fairly bright and the bathroom was adequate. Noise was not a problem as the room was at the back of the hotel but I did wonder how the front rooms would fare as they are very close to a busy Interstate. The staff were not especially friendly (apart from some of the staff in the Monterrey Whaling Company and some of the bellhops) although they were generally efficient. The breakfast buffet was mediocre and I would not bother getting any packages that include breakfast, but eat away from the hotel instead. Ate the first night at Padre's Pub in the hotel and again the food was mediocre and did not encourage further meals there.
As to the hotel grounds, I do not understand how a previous reviewer described these as nice - there are no grounds apart from concrete forecourt and parking areas at the front of the hotel and a very small pool in a concreted area at the rear!

The hotel is right beside a major interstate which allows easy access to all the tourist areas of San Diego and covered parking is $10 a night, which seems to be normal for this area of San Diego but adds to the bill. It would be more difficult if you want to use public transport to get around as the San Diego Trolley is not nearby but is a relatively long walk which may be ok during the day although I am not sure how safe it would be at night. Overall I was a little disappointed with this Hilton.

Worth the Money

We have just returned from a weekend in San Diego where we stayed at the Mission Valley Hilton. The hotel is a 3-star hotel, so it should be better than a Best Western or Comfort Inn. We signed in on Friday, and received a 2nd floor room near an exit. At first we thought about asking the front desk to change our room, but then we were glad we were at the end of the hall because there wasn't very much noise from it.

We had a king size bed, which seemed to have a feather bed on it, more than enough pillows, and a down comforter under a bedspread. The bed was great!

The room had a desk, an armoire with drawers and a small TV with HBO. It also had a chair and ottoman. There was internet access for either $9.95 or $19.95 for a 24-hour period. I didn't bring my laptop for a reason, which was to get away from it all with my husband.

My husband used the fitness center, which had a treadmill. There was also a pool, which he described as small.

The bathroom was very clean (which is very important to me), with more than enough hot water to go around. Water pressure was OK. We had more than enough towels, which were replaced without asking. They also replenished Neutrogena toiletrees as needed.

We paid $110/night which was awesome. There is no reason for us to stay at another hotel...it's central to everything. It's right on the 8 freeway, which connects to the 15, the 5, the 805, the 163.

Denny's is right next door if you need a midnight snack or want a decent breakfast. We love this Hilton Hotel!

Pretty good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member elelbe

I spent 5 nights at this Hilton in early August. The room was very nice. The king sized bed was great. I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. I was given driving directions to every major attraction in San Diego. The hotel is situation right on Highway 8. Very easy access to all the major attractions. I never got lost once! My room was on the highway side. I didn't find it as noisy as I thought it would be. I live on a very busy street though, so I might not have noticed. There are many restaurants around the hotel. Keep in mind that Denny's is just a walk away. The breakfast restaurant at the hotel is very horrid. Try not to eat there. The Padres Pub was good. I didn't go in the pool but I did look at it. Kind of small. I would definitely stay at this hotel again

Comments