Well kept, standard holiday inn express; microwave/mini-fridge; paid 15000 priority club points
1. Standard holiday inn express that met all expectations
2. Right next to freeway so be sure to get room on opposite side else freeway noise is unbearable. I had standard room on opposite side at night I only got limited freeway noise disturbance. Very close to airport but I did not feel any aircraft noise disturbance
3. Best thing I liked was the awesome choice of channels; four HBO, two showtime and every cable channel imaginable, all without extra charge. Best channel choice I have ever seen. No matter what your liking or niche, you should always be able to find some interesting tv program to watch. Nice HDTV flat screen LCD
4. My third floor room was clean and well furnished; looked very attractive with comfortable king bed, plenty of lighting and towels; standard holiday inn express toiletries
5. Weird layout; you have to go out to get from one building to another
6. Did not try swimming pool, exercise room so cannot comment on them
7. Standard holiday inn express breakfast, which I find quite reasonable. Pancake machine to make fresh pancakes which I have not seen elsewhere
8. I did not have much interaction with staff as I just came for one night’s sleep but staff was polite, courteous and helpful
9. Limited parking so arrive early; room was reasonably spacious but hotel in small lot so everything rather cramped
10. If paying cash, below $75 is good deal; above $100 is overpriced
a lovely budget hotel in Old Town San Diego. We booked through triple A and got a very good rate.
We had a room with a King size bed, air conditioning, TV, coffee maker and data ports.
We were a little close to the pool but due to the rate we received this was probably the reason why, so we did not let it bother us.
A continental breakfast was included in the nightly rate.
Unique Quality: I thought the hotel was very clean maybe even on a tad on the "sanitary" side. When we entered the lobby they had just mopped the floor and the smell of cleaning solution was quite strong. Believe me I'll take sanitary any day.
This hotel is in a good location if you plan to walk through Old Town and also close to the Trolley stops. Although if you have small children bring a wagon or stroller because the distance can become great for them as the day wears on.
Rates: $69.00 - 239.00 per night
This hotel is wheelchair accessible
Directions: From the I-5, exit Old Town Avenue. Turn right on San Diego Avenue
We drove up to the motel in a taxi, and our face fell. The place looked run-down. We shrugged and remarked "It's only for one night."
What a surprise when we got to our room!!!
It was fabulous, offering everything you can think of. We had a Queen size bed, cable tv, wall safe, refrigerator, microwave, ironing board and iron---you name it.
Furthermore, they offered a great breakfast, with waffles, no less.
Here is a photo of Irwin with the clerk who was on duty at breakfast. Morning of 12/08/03
Unique Quality: See above. It turned out to be great.
Directions: Old Town
12011 Scripps Highland Drive, & Scripps Poway Pkwy, San Diego
11025 Vista Sorrento Parkway, San Diego
610 Diamond Street, San Diego
4500 Ocean Blvd., San Diego
Latest San Diego hotel reviews
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
Address: 1955 San Diego Ave, San Diego, California, 92110, United States