Howard Johnson Inn San Diego

Satisfaction Terrible

More about San Diego

Botanical BuildingBotanical Building

SPICY TORTILLA SOUPSPICY TORTILLA SOUP

get out there pervert!get out there pervert!

lobbylobby

Non-profit field in San Diego and/or Los Angeles

by watermelonpig

Hello!

Can anyone give me any input on the non-profit field in San Diego and/or Los Angeles? I am thinking of moving to one of these cities this spring and this is what I want to do.

Thank you!
WP

by goodfish

I don't have any experience in this but without knowing your qualifications or background in this field, your question is difficult to answer.

A google search brought up several websites that may be good places to start:

There are countless others out there if you do the same google search for "non profit jobs Los Angeles San Diego" My advice may be to start digging, find some field contacts and have a conversation with a few of them to get the information you're looking for. Not sure but I'm thinking LA and San Diego may also be very different cities so you may want to narrow down your search to one or the other, depending on which one appeals to your lifestyle the most.

by lmkluque

Unless you are an American Citizen, I doubt that it would be easy/possible for you to establish a non-profit business or even work for a non-profit company. You would most likely be able to "volunteer" without pay, but I'm not sure of that either.

Check out those websites to see if it would even be possible for you to do.

by goodfish

Oh gosh - I didn't even notice that the poster wasn't a UC citizen!

by watermelonpig

No, no, I AM an American citizen. I am just currently living in Japan. I want to move back this spring.

Thanks for your replies!
WP ;D

by lmkluque

Okay, with that established then you might check out "government" sites that will inform you what is required to set up a non-profit company.

Good Luck!!

Travel Tips for San Diego

Chill out down the beach

by laughingsun69

Hi i was here in americas winter and the water was alittle chillie but once your in it was ok hanging out down at pacific beach was kool easy to meet locals etc You can hire surfboards at various out lets even in winter, and its good just watching the passers bye sipping on a cold one . My fondest memorie of San Diego is just hanging out with the local people i met there at the beach and partying in the evening ..

Go to the Gaslamp District if...

by three11angel

Go to the Gaslamp District if you're into nightlife! Dick's Last Resort is great, and there are tons of other great bars/resturants/clubs in that area. Also make sure you go to the zoo, Balboa Park and go over to Coronado. If you're into shopping, make sure you stop at Horton Plaza. Old Town is also a fun place to spend a day, and if you're into military you can tour the Marine Corps Recruiting Depot (something I haven't done yet!). Everything about San Diego is great, I'm having a hard time picking one memory! The nightlife is fun, as are the day time activities.

Where I met the Pacific Ocean for the first time

by matcrazy1

Don't forget to visit at least one of numerous public beaches in San Diego County.
Imperial Beach is a sandy beach located in south of San Diego = close to Mexico, in the city of Imperial Beach - welcome to my page:

It's not the best beach of San Diego but for me the area looked great and I saw the Pacific Ocean for the first time there.

From CHRIS (balfor):
We Americans are spoiled with out beaches. The vast majority of our beaches both on the atlantic and pacific oceans are sandy. Because of how common a sand beach is for us, we don't normally think of a rocky beach as a beach.... it is just the oceanfront. I was very surprised the first time I went to Europe and saw people laying out on a bunch of rocks!
Thank you for your explanations!

Old Town....not to be missed

by Pawtuxet

There are reallly three parts to what I consider to be Old Town. One is the Heritage Park with the painted Victorians pictured in some of my other tips. Second is the Bazaar Del Mundo where all the shops and entertainment is...pictured on my other tips. Third is the Old Town San Diego State Historic Park which has several reproduction buildings outfitted in original furnishings. These buildings really tell the story of Old Town San Diego more authentically. I will include several tips with photos and info about these original sites.

They love old cars a lot

by matcrazy1

The only really crowded place (except... discount stores and pandas in ZOO) I found in San Diego was the exhibition of the old cars including trucks (they were on sale) somewhere in Gaslamp Quarter.
Hmm... I had to ask people busy seeing the cars to let me take this picture.

Comments