Humphreys Half Moon Inn And Suites

Booking.com amextravel.com Tingo.com

Costs 74% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• WBeall's Profile Photo

Best Hotel in San Diego!

My fiance chose this hotel because it was off the beaten path. This hotel is in a remarkable location. Straight across the front door is the bay where all of the large ships come and go. There is also a pier where you can sit and watch the seals! We stayed here 2 nights before leaving to go on a cruise but we were not in the room very long. Our room was nice but not extremely different than any other hotel, but the location makes up for any disappointments. I would suggest this hotel to anyone going into San Diego that does not want to stay in the big city but still is a short drive into the city if you want to visit.

Unique Quality: Humphrey's has a amphitheatre, boat dock, fishing pier, pool, hot tub, beautiful area where birds are in cages, they do weddings, they have indoor conference space, the rooms look over into the pool, large balconies, across the street is the bay, beautiful views, short walk to a market when it is open, they have a restaurant and they have CONCERTS! GREAT HOTEL!!

Directions: Humphrey's Half Moon Inn & Suites is perhaps the most versatile of hotels near the San Diego Zoo and is located only 5 minutes west of the San Diego International Airport, which makes travel plans simple and trouble-free.

• Great Place to Stay

We spent 5 weeks traveling around the US and for around $140 per night plus taxes this place was the best value for money hotel we stayed at.

We had an early flight and had requested whether a room could be available before the normal check-in time. When we arrived (around 11am) our room was ready.

The room was clean and had everything we needed – the bed was very comfortable. The staff were all very helpful particularly with providing information/bookings for local attractions. There is a computer with free internet access in the lobby which was very handy for checking e-mails etc. The location on San Diego Bay is a beautiful spot.

Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Radiomom's Profile Photo

Maybe even more super off-season!

We got a great deal ($209 per night) for four nights here in a huge suite over the Christmas holiday. (I'm guessing that's less expensive than avg for comparable space and luxury!) Free parking was particularly nice as our son only was able to spend 2 nights with us, having to be back at Camp Pendleton for various duties, so there were two cars involved! There were two queen beds with pillow-topped mattresses in the bedroom, a giant dressing area with two full closets with floor-to-ceiling mirrored doors, and a big marble bath with double sinks. Hair dryer, bathrobes, and a well-supplied kitchen area made this a good family accomodation for 4 grown-ups. (There was also a surprisingly comfortable queen sized sofa bed.) The kitchen had a full size refridgerator, a stove top and a microwave. Granite countertops and eating area were pretty swanky. Our only minor complaint was that it wasn't as soundproof as we'd have liked, but while our neighbors were up early, they were out quickly so it wasn't a real problem.

Unique Quality: The grounds were lush and inviting, too bad it was only in the 60s at best. Free bikes were available (for 2 hrs -- if you wanted them longer there was a charge, but that certainly wasn't a problem last week!) and we had a nice ride around Shelter Island on Christmas Eve morning. The heated pool and hot tub were open until 11PM -- we did use the hot tub one night and it felt GREAT! We didn't use the hotel restaurant until the last morning we were there -- which was a mistake because it was TERRIFIC! (and well priced, too.)

More about Humphreys Half Moon Inn And Suites

Nice

We just stayed 3 nights in Humphreys and when I saw the hotel from the outside,it wasn't what I expected.I expected a large plush resort-it looked more like a British holiday camp from the outside.However when we entered our room this all changed as the room was extremely nice.We then ventured towards the pool which was surrounded by tropical plants and the pool was lovely and warm.If you want to get tickets for the big name Humphreys concerts,I'd recommend getting them months in advance as they will definitely have sold out before you get there. The hotel is set in the middle of a marina in Shelter Island and has great views of the bay. I'd advise renting a car if you stay in San Diego as it's a big place and taxis are expensive-it's easy to drive in though.

Great Place- Great Location

We stayed here for 8 days the end of Sept 2003. This is the first hotel to EVER call us on the phone shortly after checking in to ask if our room was OK and if we needed anything else! That's QUALITY care! I asked for a room away from the concert area ( there were 4 concerts during our stay ) However, anyone staying in the hotel can go to the pool area and listen to the practices or actual concerts ( an added benefit - no extra charge ) even order drinks and snacks right there in the pool area. We also liked the fact that they do NOT charge extra for parking. I might add we had NO problem getting a space near our room on the concert nights either. I was pleased with the size and comforts of our room - it was much bigger than I expected. Other than that, I'd say they have pretty, well kept grounds, very good on site restaraunt, and room service. Next time we come here I'd plan a trip around a concert I want to go to there. Let me leave no doubt in your minds - I WILL BE BACK HERE AGAIN ! Best central location to be in San Diego & best hotel.

What a delight!

I recently stayed at Humphrey's Half Moon Inn & Suites. What a delight!
We got a suite with a view of the marina and it was absolutely breathtaking. The suite was very spacious, clean and nicely decorated.
The amenities were very nice as well. We got a chance to take advantage of the hot tub one evening (it stays open late) -- very nice. My only regret is that we were there after the concert season so we missed the performances. Next time . . . oh, there will be a next time for this hotel!

Liked it, didn't love it!

I just stayed here over New Years with my girlfriend. We got a suite with a view, the ocean is literally across the street. The staff was helpful, the rooms clean, but a bit run down and in need of a face lift. The property is beautiful, luscious gardens and the pool and jacuzzi are nice as well. The was a bar by them, but it was closed I guess for the winter. Schucks!

All in all we got a great rate and it made up for the rest. It's about a $15 cab ride to the Gaslamp, but if you have a car the location is perfect. All in all this is a great bang for your buck.

A wonderful hotel!!

Have just spent two weeks over christmas and new year in Humphreys, had a wonderful time. Exotic location, wonderful views, facilities were excellent, what more can i say, the staff were all pleasant and helpful-the food was out of this world and i can highly reccomend the 'Brunches'!. Only down side was that I flew into L.A and drove down, would get conecting flight next time-yes there will be a next time!!!.

Helpful staff, great value, gorgeous landscaping

We stayed at Humphrey's from Jan 24-27. We had a wonderful stay there
and feel in love with the lush, tropical grounds. The hotel staff were
extremely helpful, especially Lee Ann, the concierge, who worked with
me for 30 minutes to find a good vegetarian restaurant option for me.
She also gave us wonderful recommendations of places to visit.

Our room was nice and I loved the fact that it had a small fridge. The
bathroom was clean, spacious, and had a nice granite countertop. The
linens were nice as were the toiletries. Our first floor room, #161,
was on a end spot facing the garden and it was VERY quiet with a lush,
tropical view.

**One note for those of you who are thinking of a bay view room (not a suite). I reserved a bay view room for an additional fee and found that once we arrived, our room overlooked the parking lot and the bay -- the bay was across a large road and a good 100 plus yards in the distance. Having just come from a hotel with a parking lot view, this didn't cut it for me. Choose your room carefully. We checked out the suites -- they were very nice. Be sure to request the marina-side of the hotel.

To Humphrey's credit, the hotel staff were very friendly and changed
our room right away to a 1st floor garden view. We were very happy with
it.

The pool was wonderful - heated and we were able to take a dip at 8 am
and had the place to ourselves!

The brunch was OUTSTANDING!!! I highly recommend it. We want to bring
our family back and stay in a suite.

Loved Humphrey's

We stayed at Humphrey's in December and were delighted with the accomodation. A family of 5 with 3 adult children. We had a Marina Executive overlooking the marina, and an adjoining room for a total of over 1000 sq. ft.!!! The rooms have recently been remodeled and are quite lovely. The kitchen came in handy but is not well equipped for cooking dinners (no oven and minimal dishes). The grounds and pool are gorgeous and there is a lovely jogging/walking path along the water. It is a little off the beaten path on Shelter Island, but if you have a car it is less than 10 minutes to SeaWorld or downtown San Diego. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Comments