1333 Hotel Circle South, San Diego, California, 92108, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

• Very good for the price

Review in Spanish>>>

Lo que me gustó:
    No es un hotel de 5 estrellas ni gran turismo, pero por USD$53 la noche en San Diego por una habitación sencilla con cama King Size, puedo calificarlo como excelente.
    Los cuartos son pequeños pero están muy limpios, extraordinariamente limpios comparados con otros hoteles de la zona. El baño es muy pequeño, pero no puede uno pedir más por el costo. También muy limpio, con toallas suficientes y con secadora para el pelo.
    Los muebles, alfombras, toallas y muebles de baño son nuevos (al menos en mi habitación).
    El personal fué siempre muy amable, cuenta con estacionamiento gratuito y con alberca con agua caliente. La ubicación es muy buena.
    Agrego unas fotos.

Lo que no me gustó:
    - No incluye desayuno.
    - Los dos restaurantes del hotel NO son muy buenos. Al " Waffle Spot" le daría 3 puntos y al "Amigo Spot", solo dos. Este segundo restaurante es para el lunch y la cena. Es de comida mexicana (según ellos) pero no es comida mexicana real, sino Tex-Mex (cargada de orégano, comino y queso cheddar). Los precios de ambos restaurantes son razonables y las porciones muy grandes. El "Waffle Spot" tiene muy poco espacio para la cantidad de huéspedes del hotel por lo que hay que esperar mesa casi siempre. En "Amigo" los sábados hay un grupo que toca música flamenca en guitarra. La música flamenca no es mexicana pero no sé por qué la asocian siempre con México, el grupo es apenas regular. No tocan flamenco real, sino "Nuevo Flamenco"
    - No tiene Wi-Fi en las habitaciones.
    - No tiene cafetera en la habitación.

Unique Quality: Great price, very clean, nice rooms, free parking.

• Great Budget Stay

Clean and comfortable accommodations. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. The staff was very friendly and helpful and had great tips on where to go and what to see. The place is really ‘no-frills’ but if all you are going to do is sleep in your hotel, it is the best value you can find.

I would reccommend it to a friend without hesitation.

Unique Quality: The place had a clean pool and hot tub as well as clean restaurants.

It was also on the Hotel Circle, and found it had great access to the freeway as well as only one mile to shopping (Target and the like) for anything that you could need.

Directions: Mission District

More about Kings Inn Hotel

Pleasantly Surprised

We were so impressed with this hotel considering the rates were so low. I was kind of nervous. The staff were so helpful and friendly from the moment I called to make the reservation to the time we checked out. If you are looking for something upper class with all the amentities- this is not the place for you; but if you are looking for something that is clean, affordable, perfect for sleeping and maybe hanging out by the pool (the pool area is adorable- especially at night and the pool is heated) or relaxing in your room this is the place for you you. There was a problem with the shower knob where you couldn't control the temperature of the water- which kind of delayed us that morning but we called the front desk to let them know and by the time we got back to our room the shower was fixed. The bathrooms were very well kept, the sheets and towels were perfectly white. The room was always spotless when we got back from our daily activities. They even cleaned the patio for us. I would definately recommend this hotel and would absolutely stay there again. I felt very safe there as well. I heard that some parts of San Diego were not so safe and not knowing the area I was somewhat concerned. If you get a chance try the Waffle Spot; they have the best waffles- kind of pricey but really good. (But what isn't pricey in San Diego). The pictures that you see here in the trip advisor do not do it justice. It is much cuter in person.

easy going

Granted there is no local ambience worth mentioning, except as a negative (8 lane freeway in front of hotel), but the location isn't bad, assuming you have a car. You are only 3 minutes from Old Town, 5 minutes from Fashion Valley shopping, seconds from the 8 freeway, and about a minute to 163 or 5, so you are basically at the hub of the city, roadwise.
This is a good place to strike up a conversation with friendly strangers: there are no hallways as everything is accessed from the outside, and there will usually be a lively conversation at the jacuzzi. Rooms are a bit dark and slightly dingy but this makes for good napping. Laundry room. Free newspaper in lobby. Two-key personal safe deposits in lobby. Coffee shop open for breakfast. Try to get a 2nd floor room facing the kidney bean pool. It will be noisier but more interesting (looking down upon the frolicking youth as opposed to a parking lot).

Omni vs. Kings

I just returned from 5 days in San Diego The first 2 nights were spent at the Omni Hotel Downtown, second 2 were spent at the Kings Inn. What a difference a 150.00 a night can make, besides the obvious Omni being bigger , nicer , newer etc.. The Kings Inn is delightful the pool area was outstanding, the rooms are small and a little tacky but clean. It was nice to leave the uptight attitudes of the Omni behind and lay out by the pool at Kings or eat breakfast poolside and read the paper. A car is preffered but not a total must. We used trolley, bus and taxi and did ok. There are a lot of hotel choices in San Diego and I have stayed at more than a few. I like Kings and I have no problem refering anybody as long as you do not want an Omni.

Great for the Price

For the price, this place is a great deal. The staff were friendly, the place was clean, and the rooms were quiet. The pool area is quite decent. Hotel Circle is a convenient location, but be forewarned that it is a block from a major freeway, so you definitely experience the noise from the pool. If it's solitude you're after, then find a different location. Ask for a room towards the back, as they are probably quieter, and ask for a room on the second floor, as the cross-ventilation is probably much better in the back section (the bottom floor faces a wall of earth).

My only mistake is that we purchased a room via Expedia with the "Waffle King Package" for an extra $20/nite for 3. The Waffle Spot is a breakfast restaurant associated with the hotel. I figured $20 for 3 people for breakfast is a pretty good deal, so why not. The food isn't bad by diner standards, but the package is good only for 2 people (according to the manager) and it's good only for a specific entree (2 eggs, waffle, 2 pieces of bacon or sausage, juice or coffee) which costs $7.95 each. In other words, I spent $20 for $16 of food, and locked myself out of any choice of food options! Bad idea...

Great place for a great price

by TripAdvisor Member TravelingMom014

My husband and I vacationed in San Diego for a week in April of 2005. I originally booked the trip through Travelocity at a different hotel, but after reading the horrendous reviews of that hotel, we switched to the Kings Inn. What a pleasant surprise! The management was incredibly helpful - my bags were lost at the airport, and the manager actually made the phonecalls to the airline company for me to help me find my bags. The rooms were very clean, with plenty of fresh towels every day. We stayed one night, and the manager sent us a letter to notify us that they were starting construction the next day on the sidewalk outside our room. He gave us the choice of moving to a different room that night or waiting until morning. We started moving into a different room upstairs, and because the group next to us was a little rowdy, we asked to be switched to a different room. Without hesitation, the manager gave us a different room, which was actually bigger and nicer than the first two. The pool was great - clean and heated, and the whirlpool was terrific too. I felt very safe, and the location is perfect - central to all the major attractions, and very easy to get on major highways. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone vacationing in San Diego.

Great Experience

For the price, a great deal. Clean, polite and helpful staff, responded quickly to all our requests. The location is close to everything, right of the freeway at hotel circle. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Spend your money on the sights - not the hotel!

We spent seven nights in this hotel filling 3 rooms and had no problems except for one night with another guest - this in no way reflects poorly on the hotel itself. I strongly recommend this hotel for any family on a budget who needs a clean place to stay while they are seeing the sights around San Diego. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, the pool was good sized and cleaned daily. Be advised that King's Inn is on Hotel Circle which is in very close proximity to the freeway. If you don't like freeway noise, then beware. We didn't have any problem with it and would stay at King's Inn again and again.
There is no coffee maker in the room and no continental breakfast - but there is a Krispy Kreme nearby - the staff probably have directions to it in the lobby.

Adequate hotel but slightly dated

by TripAdvisor Member oandl2005

Stayed here 2 nights and it was ok for our needs. Location is good as it is on the hotel circle just off the freeway. The rooms were dated and had a stale smell. The heated spa was perfect for winding down after a long day at Seaworld or travelling. We had vouchers for breakfast at the waffle spot next door but this breakfast was limited with these tickets but the waffles were very tasty. We would not stay here again as we would prefer a newer hotel but it was value for money.

Comments