Marriott San Diego Gaslamp Quarter

San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Costs 24% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Not good experience

We did not have good experience. When we checked it was late so we asked for a place for food delivery. The front desk manager gave us menu for this pizza place called broadway pizza. The delivery guy was rude and the food was very inedible. We asked for the refund which was flatly declined. The front desk manager was not very helpful either in resolving the dispute.

Unique Quality: The customer service lags seriously. The only strong point of this hotel is that it is located in gaslamp.

• JWesch's Profile Photo

Marriott Gaslamp!

It was really nice ... My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon!!! This Marriott is very close to the airport, seaport village, Gaslamp Quarter (that is where all the good resturants and nightclubs are). Short distance from a mall, from the San Diego bay as well!!!! About 10mins from Balboa Park (the famous San Diego Zoo, several Museums, and beautiful gardens and parks!!!!!)

Unique Quality: The hotel is gorgeous!!! It was right off of the bay! The pool was sparkly and beautiful!

Directions: Gaslamp District

More about Marriott San Diego Gaslamp Quarter

Best Marriott stay ever

by TripAdvisor Member PHXroadwarrior

I stay at Marriott properties around the world about 150 nights a year and this was the most pleasant Marriott I have seen in a long time.

The hotel is very un-Marriott like in that it's not your typical stuffy hotel. The lobby is very hip, the staff in chic uniforms, and the hotel has a trendy club on the 22nd floor that was packed on the Friday and Saturday nights I was there.

The room was terrific, spacious and had high end toiletries. It was decorated in light colors, very stylish and spotlessly clean. One of the best hotel rooms I have seen in a long time.

I worked out in the hotel's gym. It was well-equipped, had flat screen TV"s in front of most of the equipment, and a great view.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Absolutely a 4 star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member druggist1

We needed a hotel to stay until our cruise shop left on the weekend, and I liked the Marriott location in the GasLight district. When we checked in the staff was very accomodating, offering advice on places to eat and streets to check out. We were impressed with the staff.
Then we checked into the room and was very impressed. Very nice. Just recently remodeled, Marble bathroom, nice fixtures. TV was large and nice.
Desk had outlets for laptop computer. Bed was heavenly. Very comfortable.
They even allowed us a late checkout because our cruiseship didnt allow us to board until 2PM.
We would definitely stay there again!

A Great Hotel with Great Service!!!

by TripAdvisor Member joshua-bwi

This is a wonderful property. One of the nicest Marriotts that I have ever stayed in. Decor, service and dining options at the hotel are teriffic. One small note, do not pay extra for a water view room. The baseball stadium and other buildings block out most of the view of the water as the hotel is a few blocks away and should not claim to offer "water view" rooms as this gives the impression that this is a water front property.

Great location, service lacking

by TripAdvisor Member ladybug206

This hotel is great! Dramatic decor and stunning views from the rooms and roof top bar. I was just a little dissapointed with the service. I had to call three times just to get someone to answer the phone for room service. The first time it just rang and rang and the second time I had to wait while the person at the front desk called an alternate line and told them to answer when I called. So then finally the third time they did answer. Once the food was ordered though it came quickly and tasted great. Overall I did enjoy my stay here though and would recommend it to others. Nearby are TONS of great bars and restaurants. Can't beat that! And I can only imagine how great it would be to attend a baseball game with is CLOSE proximity.

Nice place, perfect location

by TripAdvisor Member TheTravelingHobo

Very impressive hotel with a really nice-looking lobby and very comfortable rooms. Every amenity that you could ask for in a hotel, from good room service to nice, clean bathroom facilities.

Within walking distance of all restaurants and bars. And if there was a baseball game going on, we could have watched from our room. Thought that was cool.

Only complaint is the prices. They overcharged my room stay by $10 per night over what we had booked, possibly hoping that I would overlook the room price. And $24 for parking seems a bit steep.

Fantastic Marriott

by TripAdvisor Member misterburns

My partner and some friends stayed at the downtown Marriott for New Year's weekend 2005. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are comfy and nicely decorated. The bed was fantastic. The views over the city at night were breathtaking. Expensive, but worth it. My only complaints were that the hot tub was outdoors only, and self-parking was $18 a day! Valet was $28! That is crazy. We parked across the street in a pay lot for a lot less.
But I highly recommend this hotel. You can walk to the Gaslight district and it's wonderful.

Comments