Pacific Shores Inn Pacific Beach

Travelocity Priceline.com Booking.com

More about Pacific Shores Inn Pacific Beach

Best Kept Secret

by TripAdvisor Member trustthemom

Stayed at the Pacific Shores Inn over the Labor Day holiday. It was wonderful! Perfect location and great price! Rooms are very nice and include a microwave and mini-refrigerator, which was a very nice touch.

You can pay four times as much at the fancier hotels along the boardwalk, but why, when you can stay here and still hear the ocean waves and lifeguard instructions.

These guys know how to treat a guest

We arived in June on the 25th and had requested a late check in,we had reserved 4 rooms.When we arived late due to the fact that we are a church group in Phoenix and didnt want to leave till after church on that Sunday.When we arived,we were greated like we were vip.The front dest emplyees that work there are super friendly and try there very best to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable.I was very impressed.
Also to my surprice the rooms were great,they had renovated the rooms and look incredible.They really do need to update there web site.I was shocked.
These guys keep there property very clean and with a frienly greet everytime you run into anyone of the staff there.I vacation often and when im in the San Diego area,you can bet that ill be returning to the Pacific Shores Inn...Thank you for a great and memorable visit.

Good Place

Good place for budget-minded. My room had a kitchenette, was clean, recently updated, large, and quiet. Bedding and lighting and bathroom were perfect. It was easy to find and had ample parking. It was a 45 second walk to the beach from my room. As a single woman, I felt safe and secure.

a value but dissapointed

by TripAdvisor Member frankiePhilly

this is a good value if you're a 20 something staying in pacific beach for a few days. for me visiting my 22 yesr old daughter, it was mediocre at best. don't stay in room 42, they pick up trash just outside at 6 am. one thing for sure, it had the best water pressure, unless you're at a spa. it was like a exfoliation treatment. if you can afford more, step up some from this dated motel.

Not the Ritz but nice and clean!

by TripAdvisor Member tambaker

We stated in room 35 & 33. The view was nice from these two rooms. A quick walk to the boardwalk was really nice. The rooms were average. I was a little disappointed that I was told I would get kitchenette rooms but our rooms only had a small refrigerator and a microwave. The room pictures on their website did not reflect what room we had. A little misleading But, the price was right. Very clean rooms and friendly staff. Felt very safe staying here.

Would we stay again? I would say yes. Clean rooms and very reasonable rates.

Okay

It woulda been a great stay, except that they are doing a great deal of renovation, which ended at about 11pm and picked up the next morning at around 7am. Goody. I would call first and see if they are done working on the place, if not, stay someplace else, because the construction guys just don't give a hoot--- they LOVED being loud. A good value, but not worth the lost night of what can be lovely vacation sleep. Yes, the beach is a very short stroll away. The hotel IS close to bars, the local "hip" drag and various surf shops. You just won't sleep so good. The rooms were clean and the hotel clerks were friendly and helpful and the overall feel of the area was quite safe. It was just damn noisy.
If you are in the mood to party and not sleep, then stay here.

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member LaraF

As I can't say I'm much of a pacific ocean person, ( I prefer the atlantic side of things), I loved the hotel in general. Jim, the manager is very nice, helpful, and accomodating. The room was gorgous and the bed had a pillowtop mattress. The bathroom was newly redone and we loved how open the shower was but I would definatly throw down and extra towel when getting out. It gets kinda slick. The area is your typical beach town and I hear LaJolla is something to see but we never made it there! The restaurant down the boardwalk at The SurferMotel is excellent. Get the blackend shark its unbelivably good. Freds is a Mexican Restaurant in Old Town and it was really good too! Tour the USS Midway, it's worth your time. I'd pass on Sea World, it's really only a Zoo with Shamoo. Go to the San Deigo Zoo instead. Tijuana is a waste of time. Spend the day doing something else. Hope this helps. Thanks Jim for a wonderful visit! The "Ohio" group.

watch the surfers a few feet from this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member eat my dust

Great location !! You walk accross a small parking lot and there is the ocean..filled with surfers and a sandy beach.The front desk person was great and very helpful. This is a smaller hotel so it is quiet ..two floors..short flight of steps to the upper floor. We were in room 43.upper floor and had views of the ocean...this hotel is not sitting "on" the ocean..you will need to pay $$$$ for that..but this place is a great value !!! I will stay here again

Perfect beach

by TripAdvisor Member wildcatgary

Just what you would expect at the beach. Room didn't have a garbage can???? Stayed 2 nights. Kinda noise next to the busy road. Room 56 just remodeled, but never there. Very Nice. 40 yards to the beach. Contiental breakfast was 'C'. If you sleep thru - no big deal. Parking was tight but plentiful. No wifi, but found 3 signals to tap. Had to move laptop to next to south sliding glass doors but it worked. 24/7 manager. Had a bonfire on the beach. Firewood at the grocery store 4 blocks south (Ralph's). Walked everywhere. Shower does run on the floor. Sliding glass door screen missing. Could return. Perfect bang for the buck.

Great location So So motel

by TripAdvisor Member katie569

Stayed there from Sept 7 to 11th. Have to say that the place was a little disappointing as far as esthetics go. We booked a suite and paid an average of 170 bucks per give or take. The room they gave us wa right next door to the front desk. The room was huge two big rooms kitchen with dishwasher stove microwave etc. It was pretty tired and in need of new carpets. The housekeeping staff do a great job. the linens are very clean and crisp. They were pretty cheap on the towels though. One each. The location and proximity to the beach made up for any of the major shortfalls of the hotel. I don't think I'd stay there again but would definatel return to the Pacific Beach area. We had a car and found getting around San Diego pretty easy.

Where to stay?

by djs1979

Hi, I'm sure this is posted somewhere on the site, but I've read through a couple pages of posts, and I can't find any answered.

I'm 26 and a few of my buddies and I are looking at taking a vacation to SD. Where should we be looking to stay. We'd like to be near some place with an active nightlife, but also pretty close to the beach.

Thanks in advance

by vanderlust

Take a look through some of the members travel pages. You will find pages describing different areas and even hotels.
Good luck and welcome to VT.

by HarmoniousBotch

Pacific Beach is probably best for your interests.

RE: RE: Where to stay?

by MonoBichi

Harmonious, as usual, is right on the money. PB is the Young Singles' Fun Park.
Convenient to La Jolla as well. Search for lodging under Pacific Beach and Mission Beach (same beach). I'd suggest the Catamaran, but there are plenty of hotels and motels in a lot of price ranges on the beach.
For cottages, apartments, and rooms right on the "boardwalk" take a look at The Beach Cottages http://www.beachcottages.com I think they start at around $80 a night single. Perfect location...just walk out front to the beach, go next door for beer and rowdiness at Kahunas, or hop on skates or bike and blast down the boardwalk amid bikinis and frivolity.

by butterfly_girl

Yes, Pacific Beach would be the place. I will be going there in a couple weeks and just booked a hotel called the Pacific Shores Inn, it's really close to the beach and very reasonable. If you write me back in early January, I will let you know how it was.

by ltt