610 Diamond Street, San Diego, California, 92109, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 111% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Pacific Terrace Inn

$250-310 night,standard
    but they do have corporate rate Valid Sundays Through Thursday Only.
    Cor1 Corporate Rate1 Valid Fridays And Saturdays Only 2 Nt Min Stay. Wkdn Coroprate Rate Valid Fridays And Saturdays Only

Unique Quality: Right on the water. Pool, kichenettes, awesome suites. Perfect location, if you plan on staying around the beach communities.

More about Pacific Terrace Hotel

Loved the Pacific Terrace Hotel in Pacific Beach

We stayed at the Pacific Terrace Hotel in Pacific Beach. The service and view from this hotel was spectacular. The staff was friendly, the room was extremely nice and I would stay there again if I ever visit San Diego again.

We Loved the Pacific Terrace

We just returned from staying at the Pacific Terrace Hotel in May 2004. I can't say enough about this super hotel. Everyone was very friendly, especially to our 2 boys, ages 4 & 7. I have traveled to many nice hotels and Pacific Terrace rates as one of my favorites! We had a garden view junior suite. Lots of room, great kitchen area. Lots of extra touches, from the chocolates/turn down service every evening to the bathrobes. They serve an extensive continental breakfast. The shopping/dining in the area wasn't the best. We went to Old Town, La Jolla, Coronado Island for our shopping/dining. Even though Pacific Beach shopping isn't the best, stay at Pacific Terrace. You will love it.

Great stay at Pacific Terrace

by TripAdvisor Member danstime

upon arrival PT upgraded us to a jr suite with a ocean view. room was good size and clean. a couple of nrgatives construction was going on in the pool area and parking is scarce $8.00 underground if you wish a day. we stayed from 12/10/03-12/15/03 overall staff was friendly and helpfull breakfest also was good.

Best place on the beach

by TripAdvisor Member Csora2547

The best place to stay on the beach in San Diego. Delicious breakfast, yummy cookies at night, great staff. They weren't full so they up-graded our rooms and were very responsive to our every need. Most of the hotels on the beach look a little worn but the Pacific Terrace works hard to keep their property looking nice. We would definitely stay there again! Thank you Pacific Terrace for helping us have a great stay in San Diego!

great hotel but maybe not the most kid-friendly

by TripAdvisor Member Tess23

Two moms and two 12 year old daughters--we stayed at the Pacific Terrace March 11-14 and had a great time. The hotel is just finishing a remodeling project--they were working on the lobby walls when we were there but it was nothing intrusive. Rooms were much nicer than most beachfront hotels I've stayed at--lots of marble and granite.
Triple-sheeted beds, turndown service with shell-shaped chocolates at night--nice touch. Of course the oceanfront balconies are heavenly--throw open the doors and listen to the surf!

The jacuzzi and pool were warm and welcoming and access to the beach was perfect. We liked the expanded continental breakfast and really liked the wine hour. They offered cookies and hot chocolate for children during the wine hour--the most child-friendly thing I saw all weekend.

Staff wasn't exactly rude to our girls but they certainly weren't welcoming (and these are two fairly quiet, well-behaved children who didn't have the 'run of the hotel'). One of the front desk managers (a youngish man--wish I knew his name) was particularly irritating in this way. If my children behave and are well-mannered I expect them to receive the same courtesies as adults and this wasn't the case at the Pacific Terrace.

That said, I'd come back to the Pacific Terrace, though maybe not with children.

Great Hospitality and Beautiful Room

I have to say that this hotel is incredible! I just got back yesterday from a amazing 4 day getaway with my girlfriend and this place was more than I had expected. The trip was a birthday present for my girlfriend and I wanted to make sure that our accomodations were nothing but the best and I will whole heartedly report that the Pacific Terrace is worth every dollar and considering we got upgraded to a Junior Oceanview Suite for free it was unbeatable! The staff was very accomodating and the rooms were very clean. Parking was not a problem, since there are street parking around the the hotel. On our next trip to San Diego, we definitely plan on staying here again!! Also, as a added benefit, once you are a guest here the first time, all stays thereafter are at discounted rates.

Over Priced- Over Rated

Peeling paint in room. Broken faucet in tub. No offer to help carry our bags. Came for our anniversary, based on great AAA rating. The view was priceless, but the hotel is worthless, very over priced.

Wonderful Time

by TripAdvisor Member Nottoopicky

We stayed for 3 nights and had a wonderful time. We were upgraded to a suite with an ocean view, staff was helpful and pleasant. Secured indoor parking a plus as was the very nice continental breakfast, delightful pool and hot tub with great view. We would return and recommend this property to friends.

Comments