San Diego Bed and Breakfast

3415 Bancroft Street, San Diego, California, 92104, United States

• Jamul Haven

ohh!!! ow!! ow!! what a trip it was in San Diego!!! It was one of the best trip in my life and during this trip i stay on a hotel named Jamul Haven.Here it's link : http://www.jamulhaven.com/ .It's service was very good and i am very much pleased with i's service.

Unique Quality: It also has pool facilities and great views

More about San Diego

Fish totillasFish totillas

at disneyat disney

with my friendwith my friend

what a vierwhat a vier

Travel from San Diego to Lancaster.

by wdickey66

Am driving from San Diego to Lancaster next week (during the day). Which is better route traffic wise, I5/14 or I15/138?
Thanks.
Wally

by Beausoleil

Hi Wally. If you want to avoid LA traffic, take I-5 and 138. The only problem is there has been a lot of construction on 138 near the I-15 exit so you should check before you go to see where construction is. Route 138 is also known as a dangerous highway with lots of accidents. It's two lanes from I-15 to Lancaster. It is a gorgeous drive though if you like desert and Joshua trees and perhaps the construction is done and it's a nicer drive.

I-5 through Los Angeles will be a traffic nightmare but once past that and on Route 14, it is a 4-lane road and easier to drive. The views are not nearly as nice but it might be safer and I don't think there's any major construction although I haven't gone that way for quite a while.

Just for traffic, you have to deal with LA traffic on I-5 . . . or you have to deal with 2-lane traffic on 138 so it's kind of a tossup. I prefer the I-15 because it's scenic but you may feel differently. Both interstates can be nasty during rush hours but late morning to early afternoon are not too bad.

by lmkluque

Actually, I don't know where Lancaster is, but if I-15 is an option for you then I'd say take that.

I-5 goes up through the eastern area of Los Angeles, but you have to go thourgh the city and it's a massive traffic jam almost all the time, especially where accidents occure.

If I-15 goes towards Lancaster, then it would be a better route regarding traffic.

I agree that late morning would be best. Start your journey soon after nine and the worst of the morning rush-hour should be long gone.

by bocmaxima

Lancaster is kinda close to Palmdale north of LA in the Antelope Valley.
It depends on the time of day. If you avoid rush hour and traffic, then you're better off going through LA because it's faster and more direct. There are a lot of traffic lights on 138.
Here's a route suggestion:
I-5 north from SD to Anaheim, then 57 north to 210 west, then back to I-5 for like a mile, then 14 north. If the 57 has traffic, take the 605 instead. But, this way, you'll avoid Downtown LA and, in my experience, the 210 is almost always pretty open, even right at 5pm (except for right in Downtown Pasadena). The 57 isn't particularly great, but it should be open outside of rush hour.
But, as I said, this depends on the time of day and which day. If you're traveling on a Sunday, you're fine. If on a weekday, then you'd have to be able to hit Irvine between about 10am and 1pm.

Travel Tips for San Diego

Visit La Jolla Cove. Go to the...

by BR0WND0G

Visit La Jolla Cove. Go to the shell shop, pay a dollar to go down their cave to see a great view of the ocean.

Look for a Green Flash every night when you watch the sunset. They are rare, but if atmospheric conditions are right, you'll see one just before the sun disappears.

Arriving San Diego

by vigi

Fianally, arriving San Diego before sunset. We were so stress, because this is our first time to San Diego, and we didn't know the road, we were scared that we could not find the way (too dark to read map & road sign) if we arrived after sunset. We stayed in Catamaran Resort Hotel in Mission Bay. What a release checking in. And they got very nice balcony overlooking Mission Bay, with a nice sunset view!

Sunset Cliff

by vigi

After a whole day travelling, we got to check-in our hotel in Sunset Cliff before sunset. This place is much more quiet and local than Mission Bay area, I like it. And the "Inn at Sunset Cliff" I stayed in was absolutely fantastic (check out my hotel tips). The boss is actually an old Chinese guy who is living in Arizona. They had some Japanese and many European customers here, while we were the first Chinese tourists staying in this place.

Watching the Seals

by travelgirl3

When you visit Imperial Beach, be sure to walk to the end of the Pier. Look out into the water and wait. Be patient. Within a couple of minutes, you'll start to see seals! The swim alone, and in groups, and are constantly surfacing, and rolling around. They were great fun to watch!

Unfortunately, people also fish from the Pier, and while we were there, a seal got hooked. The fisherman had to cut his line, but the hook remained it the seal. I'm not sure why they allow fishing from the Pier, as it is certainly hazardous to both the seals and the surfers.

Cities within a city

by matcrazy1

When I started to put up this page I didn't know that I started to put up the page of at least 2 seperate cities: Coronado and San Diego.

Hmm... it seems that there are cities within a city of San Diego:
- National City,
- Coronado,
- Chula Vista,
what else?
Do they all have their mayors, governments etc.? I think so. Is this a sign of more freedom or... what? How to get to know in which city I am just now?

Does it make sense to have a city limits inside another city? Doesn't it make more problems with public transportation for example? Look: if you want to get from San Diego downtown to San Ysidro (both are in San Diego city limits) you MUST go through another city: Coronado or Chula Vista and National City.

In my homecountry (and Europe, I think) it never works such way, people would never build city limits/borders inside another city - what for? To have more beaurocracy? Am I wrong?

Btw I wonder which names locals use? Do they say: I live in Chula Vista/National City (hmmm... where is it?) or just I am from San Diego?

Comments