Seacoast Palms Inn

4760 Mission Blvd, San Diego, California, 92109-2539, United States

PB Surf Beachside Inn
Expedia.com Booking.com PBSurfBeachside

• NEVER STAY HERE!

We arrived at this hotel and booked a room on the spot for $70. When we unlocked the door to our room, we were horrified. It was an old storage room that had been converted into a hotel room. There was no overhead light, only two small bedside lamps. The TV was about 10" and the TV stand was made out of the bottom of an old chair. The paint was peeling off of the ceilings and we constantly had problems with the toilet. When it clogged, we told the office worker, he told us to come down to the office and he gave us a plunger to plunge it ourselves. Only 1 of the 8 power outlets in our hotel worked and it was one in a dark corner of our room. We were not able to plug in anything in the bathroom due to the outlets not working. After showering, I noticed that there was no hair dryer in the room. When I called the front desk to ask about a hair dryer, I was told by the manager to come down and get one from the office. When I picked it up, he told me that I had to bring it right back because it was his only one. The shower did not drain when we used it. The maid DID make our bed, but left no fresh soap or shampoo and did not change our toilet paper roll (we ran out). When I called the office to ask about an ice maker on location, I was told to come to the office and that I would be given a bucket of ice. When I went down there, I was given a TINY bucket of ice and, when I asked for more, was told that each room can only get one bucket of ice per day of stay. When we asked to switch rooms, we were told that all of them were full (which wasn't true...there were 3 empty rooms across the hall from us).
    All in all, this hotel RUINED my trip. I was on what was supposed to be a romantic trip with my boyfriend, but the stress of this hotel room ruined our time. Take my word for it - NEVER STAY HERE!!! We had stayed in some rotten hotels in our time, but this was THE WORST!! The manager is RUDE and the staff is not helpful at all.

• Lensmeister's Profile Photo

EXCELLENT - nothing else to say

Lovely. The staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean, tidy and spacious. In our we had a walk in closet, and a kitchenette with microwave which was handy pre kids day when we'd get home really late from the bar or our friends house.
    ** this review was based on my journal of 1995. In 2001 we parked on the road outside & our son got his hand caught in a closing car door and almost crushed. We asked the staff if they had any ice & they gave us a bucket & some cloths for him to wrap ice around his hand. THANK YOU. So in my view Sea Coasts are EXCELLENT **

Unique Quality: Perfect location for the beach litterally down the little side road and you are at the top of the cliff to the Beach..

Had free parking off road too, but if you needed to street park there was some room in the side road (restriction apply).

Clean friendly and helpful.

Directions: Pacific Beach.

• consistent service and quality

I just had to add a "thumbs up" to this motel on the Mission Blvd. motel strip. I have stayed here a few times, and I always get a clean, quiet, no frills room at a great price. The management have always been friendly and helpful and considerate.

Unique Quality: No pool, no frills place, but a block from the beach, there are lots of restaurants along the street and you are just down the road from La Jolla.

Comments