1380 Harbor Island Drive, San Diego, California, 92101, United States

The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
Expedia.com amextravel.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Not for young families! Especially at Quin's

Had the worst experience at Quinn’s restaurant in the Sharaton in San Diego Harbor last night. I asked the waitress if she could please have a table bussed so that my family could sit down. She said it would be several minutes and if I wanted to wait I could but did not know when it would be done. Since it was my first time in the restaurant and first time in the hotel I asked how I go about to reserve the table (put my name in the front, with her, etc.) and she said to stand by the table until she had the time to clear it off. The table by the way was a complete mess, not so much with the dishes from the previous guest, but with her towels, serving tray, and cleaner. She bussed the table and my family and I sat down. After we sat down a booth became available and my wife asked if I could get it for us since our 2 year old would be easier if he was between the two of us inside a booth. The waitress quickly came over to me and told me that table was reserved for another guest that had been waiting. As I was confused because she had told me that for me and my family to get a table we would have to stand by it, I asked her why she would hold another table for a guest and make me stand by a table. The other guest came to the table that had been told by the waitress that she would hold it and created a very uncomfortable situation for them and I. I went back to my table to let my wife know the bad news and when the waitress went by, I asked for clarification from the waitress. She said that they had been waiting for the table and I said I understood but why did she make me stand by a table while she took their name, she looked at me, looked at my kids, rolled her eyes, flipped her hair, and walked away. I never received clarification, an apology, or even acknowledgment, and she had someone else wait on us in her station area so she would not have to deal with us. It makes me wonder why a young family would receive different treatment as my money, tips, opinions, and access to the internet to voice it are just as good as anyone else’s. It took over an hour to get our food while people who came in after us were getting fed. When asked turned out that they were holding the kids food until my ribs were done, Honestly, with two small children starting to loose it from lack of food common sense says bring it out. The food was overpriced and the kids pizza was cold. The hotel charged us for items out of the mini bar fridge automatically because the left over pizza we put in the fridge blocked the sensor for an item. The line to check out was over an hour to clear up the bill. The view was great and if you did not have kids could be a very romantic place to stay, DO NOT STAY HERE WITH KIDS. THEY TREAT YOU AS IF YOU HAVE A DISEASE!

• AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL

This place is not worth the $$$$$. Dirty shower curtain, dirty tub floor, dirty walls and doors, mold stench from the hallways and carpets. Made reservation 2 months in advance for harbor view. checked in was given view of parking lot on 2nd floor.....returned to reception was given floor 8 with harbor view but had to pay $40 additional(!!!!). Only two small elevators, one was broken down over our stay, $22.50 a night to self park, overcharged at check out. Just had an awful experience and I dont recommend this Sheraton to anyone.

Unique Quality: NONE.

Directions: Harbor & Marina, near airport

• caseyso's Profile Photo

Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina

Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina is located at the edge of San Diego Bay, giving you an amazing view of the bay and letting you feel the cool, relaxing breeze of it. Located near the city, is it just about 10 minutes away from different destinations such as the famous San Diego Zoo, Old Town, and Balboa Park. Other nearby famous attractions are Sea World Park, Petco Park, Horton Plaza, and Gaslamp Quarter.

Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina's over 1,000 rooms are divided between its two towers, namely the Bay Tower and Marina Tower where each tower houses different types of rooms from Lanai, Traditional, Deluxe, Junior Suites, Executive Suites, and Premiere Suites.

Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina is a member of the chain hotels of Starwood Hotels and Resorts. It is considered a convention hotel, catering to different meetings and events, and also a resort hotel, since different tourist attractions are very accessible from it.

Additional Information:
    Best Group Hotel in San Diego
    Voted San Diego's Best Caterer for 8 years running!
    IACC Certified Conference Center for small groups.

Unique Quality: Being situated along the San Diego Bay, Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina gives sailing services to its guests, allowing them to explore and seek adventure in a nearby place. Spas and Fitness Centers are also in the hotel. Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina also houses three different pools - two adult pools and one separate children's pool. The pools include water volleyball, hot tubs, and other special features especially for children. Bicycle Rentals and Tennis Courts can also be found in the hotel. The Sheraton Club Lounge allows you to relax and connect with friends in the lounge too, whereas the Link@Sheraton keeps you connected and in touch with friends elsewhere, through the internet. The hotel also lets you enjoy the free shuttle service which runs every fifteen minutes, from the East to the West Towers, as well as the San Diego International Airport.

• hotlipz's Profile Photo

A wonderful view over the marina and harbour!

This was my first stay in San Diego and we were on one of the top floors with an amazing view over the marina. The rooms were comfortable, well equipped and contempory. There is quite a walk to the Ocean Village or the town centre.

The food is very good, especially breakfast and the bar is friendly, well stocked and does wonderful bar food in the evening.

The pool looks very nice but as we had so much to do in the time we had there we didnt manage to use it.

• Harbor View

Okay. Views were nice but the hotel had an old smell to it and was very basic considering the price. The service was great but for around $300 a night you should be treated well! I was glad we were using hotel points to pay for it not cash. The price was definitely a reflection of the location - overlooking the marina or the harbor.

• pedersdottir's Profile Photo

Great location - less than great service

Easy to reach by car or plane (the airport is virtually next door), the Sheraton East and West Towers have every advantage of a great location. Fine harbor or skyline views are available from every room above the 3rd floor.

At the East Tower lush landscaping, a pair of outdoor pools and evening activities suggest that the Sheraton is targetting the family resort market. The weekend we were there children certainly had the run of 'club level' floors, the pools and the fitness center. The Disney-movie-on-the-lawn was perfect for them, too. The hotel even supplied free popcorn.

Reception area facilities, the Harbor Inn dining room and lobby bar all open onto a terrace that overlooks the marina. Its a lovely view.
    Rooms were well-furnished, including coffee maker, and very comfortable. Easy-access parking is a plus.

Unique Quality: While room service was friendly and efficient , there seemed to be a service 'disconnect' operating in the dining room. With little or no notice, the breakfast room was changed from day to day. Wait staff were hard to locate and were often brusque, if not downright rude. Dinner service was inattentive.

For the near-luxury rate charged for club level rooms a higher standard of service would be expected.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo

Overlooking San Diego Bay from Shelter Island

Sheraton Hotels are known for quality and this hotel is no exception. When Harbor Island was created as a convenient setting for restaruants and hotels near the San Diego Airport, Sheraton was one of the first to go up.

I haven't stayed at this hotel, but have eaten and had drinks at a few of it's five restaurants and lounge, and have been to wedding receptions held here.

The employees are very helpful and accommodating and this is a great place for a family vacation. There's always something to do here.

Unique Quality: The Sheraton is situated on the San Diego Bay and offers a marina as well as inspiring views of the area. There are three outdoor swimming pools, a fitness center and a spa that add luxury to a relaxing stay in San Diego.

Within the hotel you'll find about four dining/drinking options, well five if you count the in-house Starbucks.

The Sheraton offers quite a few things that a visitor might want, besides the usual, you can sail your own boat right into the marina, rent a bike, take scuba lessons in the pool, you can even fish of the pier just down the road from the hotel!

One really unique quality is that this hotel is situated perfectly for anyone who wishes to watch the America's Cup Race! The route goes right past the hotel.

They charge for parking if you have a car and you can make use of their Valet services, but they do offer free shuttles to and from the airport.

More about Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina

Enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton

We stayed at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina from 12/28-12/31/03. This was the team hotel for the football team representing the Pac-10 in the Holiday Bowl so it was totally booked(which is why we stayed there). We had a room on the 12th floor of the East tower (club level). Our room was average sized with a view of the bay. Our room included self-parking (normally $14.00/day), health club usage, and expanded daily continental breakfast for 2 ).
Our room was not ready at the promised check in time of 3:00pm so we were given a $15.00 credit on our account (however, the bar is expensive and that barely covered 3 beers!)We could hear a bit of noise from the airport and the adjoining rooms but as a light sleeper, it did not keep me awake. Other posters have liked the West tower better, but personally I am glad we were in the East tower. The two towers are about a 5 minute walk apart.The staff was friendly and helpful even thought the hotel was fully booked. We used the health club daily and it was small, but adequate with a full service spa. The location is convenient to Old Town, downtown, the zoo, Seaworld, Qualcomm but you do need a car to sightsee. I would stay there again if attending a function. Otherwise , I would prefer to stay downtown at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. Compared to other Sheratons, it is average. I personally like the Sheraton Boston better. There are more amenities offered in club level rooms in other chains ,IMO.

Sheraton San Diego Marina

by little248

I recently booked a room at the hotel Sheraton San Diego Marina.
Any feedback on this hotel would be great....please advise weather this is close to the beaches or good nightlife? :-)

by touristgal

Twenty years ago the Sheraton had a bar that was the in spot of Fridays. Hopefully it will still be fun!

by ltt

it's a nice area but it is a marina not a beach - will have to drive about 20 minutes to get to pacific, mission, oceanbeach, coronado beaches - more for la jolla. good restaurants on harbor or shelter island which is "next door". nice view of downtown and nice area to do short walks.

RE: RE: Sheraton San Diego Marina

by lmkluque

The Sheraton is on Harbor Island, across the road from the airport. It's not far from downtown but not really walking distance--in my mind.

Harbor Island is on San Diego Bay. There are two locations for the Sheraton, East which is at the front of Harbor Island and Sheraton West which is in the middle. At the front of the hotel is a small strip of park with a beach to the bay, I've never seen anyone swimming there, but fishing is popular. It is a relaxing place to watch the bay's activity. Behind the hotel is a marina. I have a few photos on my San Diego page if you'd like to see.

The beaches, such as Mission Beach or Pacific Beach are not near downtown San Diego, about eight to ten miles north.

As far as good night life, on Harbor Island, within walking distance, beside at your hotel, there are other hotels and restaurants with nightclubs/bars that are considered "good" by some people. However, The Gaslamp Quarter is about three or four miles east of Harbor Island and what ever you consider "good" nightlife, you'll be able to find there.

Hope this helps,
Linda

by EmSeabee

You're in a good spot ... for dinner or happy hour you def should go to C level at Harbor Island. Go south on Harbor Island drive, make a left. At the end you'll see Island Prime restaurant ... so good! C level is the lounge section and is more casual. Views are fab.

I have a picture of the view from the patio here:

Have fun!