3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• ecodave's Profile Photo

Good conference hotel

Dance convention brought me here and the facilities were fine for my needs. The room was clean and comfortable, though a little on the small side. It is unusual that I don't have some complaint about the hotel-provided conference services -- everything was fine-tuned smooth. I enjoyed a discounted conference rate on my room.

Unique Quality: There are several pools and unique restaurants on site. I found pleasant garden paths mixed with service roadways.

• Babzz's Profile Photo

Pay More, Get Less

It's not so much that there was anything wrong with the hotel, but for the price we paid, we expected something nicer than a Super 8. Well, we've stayed at nicer Super 8s and some even came with refrigerators (we had to pay $9/day for a small, dingy fridge that kept making noises, so we had to unplug it at night so it wouldn't wake our baby...we requested a new one, but no one came around with it). The electrical outlet in the washroom did not work. Decor was very dated. Our room certainly did not look like the ones showcased on their website. And the photo of the resort across a vast green lawn is taken from the golf course across the street. Room service food was ok, but overpriced. Restaurants were also expensive, though we enjoyed the food (Trellis for breakfast and Kellie's Steakhouse for dinner). Hot tub was a nice treat since it was a bit cool while we were there. Pools looked really nice. Housekeeping staff was very friendly. We reserved a king bed, but got two queens instead - aparently it was first come, first served (so why have the option online?). Not worth all the extra money (plus we paid less because we were attending a conference being hosted there). Maybe if we stayed in one of those fancy rooms they showcase, we would have been left with a better impression...however, some companions of ours stayed in a different building and were not impressed either.

Unique Quality: The grounds are very pretty, with lots of landscaping, palms, pools, though it's quite a maze and their map is terrible.

• teddy_lover's Profile Photo

San Diego Cheer Trip

I was very pleased on this trip and am quite excited to maybe return someday. It was a fun experience. Although there is only one of the three or four pools heated so at night it becomes very crowded. I went in December where it was warm during the day and COLD at night. I am glad i went though. Very worth the money. The lower class rooms are nice too so it has a great variety. The people there were very nice and were very considerate. They showed us around and showed where to go. They had a nice banquet room ( i think thats what it was) where we rehearsed. I would reccomend it depending on how u want to go with pricing.

Unique Quality: It has a pretty garden and is right next to a mall. It also has very interesting decorations and i think there is even a bar.

Directions: Off the Highway

• SLLiew's Profile Photo

Convention hotel in downtown San Diego

Stayed here for a convention. Excellent facilities for conventions.

Different choices of rooms and spread out to create a small village like atmosphere with pools and palms here and there. Ample free parking for hotel guests.

Very pleasant experience coupled by the fine weather and outdoor character of this place.

More about Town and Country Resort Hotel

The best vacation spot in Hotel Circle

My husband and I stayed at the T&C Aug 25-28 and had a blast. The rooms were like a villa with beautiful landscape surrounding the room and area. We loved to walk through the resort to catch the beauty because every walkway was different. Our room was small but very enjoyable..We didnt stay in the room that much. There were two restaurants on both sides of us, and two pools on both sides. The breakfast buffet was wonderful..Request a breakfast voucher with your room..It is worth it!!! We saved alot of money that way..The trolley on the backside of the hotel was nice..It took us to the local spots, even to Tijuana, and saved money on cabs. The resort is protected with gates, and makes you feel safe..I would consider going again if we are ever in California again..Great for kids of all ages!!!!

Cool Pools for the Northeasterner

I picked the hotel based on the great pools because I wanted something tropical, nothing urban. What I got was a small, beautiful tropical setting where the rooms are adjacent to each other rather than in one building. The pools did not disappoint, I felt like I was in paradise. The owner has roses everywhere, the gardening is just amazing and you really feel lost in your own little paradise. Price was excellent, which included 1 free drink per day and a full breakfast buffet per person. Downtown accessible with the Trolley - SD public Transportation, mall is a walk away. The only negative = service across the board was poor or inattentive. Very different from service in the northeast.

Town and Country, Same as it ever was.

What can you say about this property? It's old and it has pretty gardens. I prefer to stay in newer more modern hotels but this wasn't bad. When we checked in our A/C unit was leaking. Since it was well past midnight we waited until morning to report it. They had a guy up there within 5 minutes. Yes, the decor is at least 20 years old, but everything was immaculate. The staff was friendly and helpful. The price was fair for the room and location. Excellent cable (at least 35 channels.) We had a room in the tower but peeked into the bungalows and they are all pretty much the same. Our room was quiet and clean. I recommend getting a car so that you can go to all the shops and restaurants in the area. The mall behind the hotel has PF Changs, California Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory. About 3 miles away there is Kings Fish Market, Chevy's and drive thru. Motel Circle is a bit of a nightmare to navigate and not friendly to pedestrians. The hotel is enormous, there are over 3000 rooms. All in all it was fine.

Excellent location!!

by TripAdvisor Member InLoveWithWeddings

We recently stayed at the Town & Country Resort on Oct. 15, 2004 for two nights. This hotel is in an excellent location. You just walk over a bridge and you are at the trolley station and the Fashion Valley Mall. It is about a 2 minute walk. The mall has a PF Changs and Cheesecake Factory. We booked our room on hotwire for $71.00 per night. When we arrived at the hotel the front desk asked if we wanted to upgrade to the Tower for $10 per night. It was worth it. We were even closer to the bridge and had a view of the pool. There is a $10.00 parking fee. I would absolutely recommend this hotel for the location. The rooms are older looking, but the grounds are beautiful.

family weekend at sdsu

Attended SDSU family weekend Oct 15-16, with our
daughter. Hotel was one listed by sdsu. Stayed in tower 7th floor. Room was clean and very nice. The back towers are older but we appreciate the history of the buildings, combined with the newer beautiful garden and courtyard rooms. There is a really nice walkway through the rose garden area.Dinner at Kelleys,at the hotel, was great, again dated but very comfortable. Had drinks and super nachos at Charlies, really good. Breakfast buffet at terrace was good. Pools are nice, one was heated. Service was good and friendly. A wonderful mix of old and new, beautiful landscaping mixed in. Mall and train stop right in the back. Very big area. Quite an adventure. Going back soon.

Fawlty Towers!

Where do I start?
The sheets did not fit the bed, room sevice was left outside our door for 36 hours, beds were way too hard, noisy - very small room, took 20 mins to run a bath and the shower offered little more than a dribble!
Offered children access to old technology games (Nintendo 64) at high fee ... how do you tell a kid that games that are free to play at home will cost a bomb?
Please do not stay at this joint, one star rating is too many.
Wanted to leave early and was told that a $50 fee (plus taxes) would be levied.
When we elected to stay - and suffer the indignity - the same $50 was on our bill when I went to check out.
Getting that removed involved a near-argument and a 20 minute wait.
If the accomdation was free, I would still not stay at the Town And Country, San Diego.

Skip It

by TripAdvisor Member Fanshawe

Just attended a conference at the Town and Country. I stayed in one of the bungalow-type rooms - tinest rom I ever stayed in - with paper thin walls and hardly any amenities. I kept bumping my head against the oddly-placed chandelier over the tiny table. Lovely California landscaping but why the "Williamsburg" type colonial decor. This place has seen better days. It was a convenient location for the conference but there are much nicer hotels in the area in the same price range if you are vacationing in San Diego.

Comments