Alexander Inn San Francisco

Super 8 San Francisco/Union Square Area
Orbitz.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about San Francisco

Wisconsin Street home, Potrero District, SFWisconsin Street home, Potrero District, SF

View of Lombard St. and San FranciscoView of Lombard St. and San Francisco

A View from Beyond the PresidioA View from Beyond the Presidio

Mosaic Bench at Potrero Hill Rec CenterMosaic Bench at Potrero Hill Rec Center

Can I take MUNI transportation from Union Sq area to Muir Woods?

by jrcflaus

Can I take MUNI transportation from Union Square area to Muir Woods?
Bus, train, etc.

Re: Can I take MUNI transportation from Union Sq area to Muir Woods?

by TexasDave

There is direct transportation from Sausalito on weekends during the Summer. There are other routes but most of your day will be spent going and coming.

See:
www.goldengate.org/news/transit/muirwoods.php

Re: Can I take MUNI transportation from Union Sq area to Muir Woods?

by yvr

You will need to use Golden Gate Transit, SF Muni does not travel there. You can pick up the GGT bus along Mission Street or on 7th at Market. See the golden gate transit web site for complete information.

Travel Tips for San Francisco

My first VT meet!

by goodfish

After nearly five years as a VT'er, I finally got to meet One Of Us!!

Member Agraichen graciously made the offer of serving as San Francisco's welcoming committee and after a comedy of missed phones calls (my fault), dropped connections and a few shouted conversations over the din of lively bars and Muni stations, we finally got it together. Those couple of hours over an excellent lunch (and even more excellent brews) with Al was just the best ever. I even got a short spin in his hot car - how cool is that??!!

Yessiree, my very first, very-mini-meet was a high point of the trip. Al, thanks a bunch for the sliders, fries and watermelon ale, and for being such a great sport about those missed calls. AND making the long drive into the city just for little 'ol goodfish. I owe you one, buddy, so if you're ever in the Miniapple..... Talkin' travel with one of VT's Finest

bridge of life

by manojmanandhar

san fransisco was one of most amazing places that i visited with my family. the settings was very breatht taking and hte modes of trasport very interesting (cable car). people were freindly and the golden gate bridge a marvel to view and be a part of.

a bridge is a link of two points be it over water or any other portion. the picture i have uploaded is of me and my wife as a symbol of a bridge between us. there is this bridge between us that keeps us together and bonds one from the other.

Manoj Manandhar
Nepal i miss the beautiful places of san fransisco but more over i really miss and have fond memries of monteray bay where we had spent a night before proceeding to san fransisco. the place was so cool, pcituresque and peaceful with a picture perfect settings of sea, land and animal life.

Bay Cruise

by Andraf

A bay cruise offers panoramic views of the downtown skyline, Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz and the Marin County. We took a cruise offered by the Blue & Gold Ferry Bay Cruise and it was a nice experience. In fact, we wanted to go to Alcatraz (at the time we have been living here for more than three years but didn't get to see Alcatraz). As it turns out, the ferry for Alcatraz was full (if you want to go there reserve in advance) so we took a bay cruise instead. The ferry left from Pier 39, went under the Golden Gate Bridge and circled Alcatraz on the way back. We've taken the cruise in May, it was warm and sunny but very windy.

Be prepared to do some walking...

by Scotzman

Be prepared to do some walking if you REALLY want to get a feel for the city. Try not to drive; parking is sparse and lot fees are high. To get to those places that you can't walk to, take public transportation, which SF is well equipped with. Looking at all the different types of architecture; SF is full oif style and appeal.

Go to the Presidio, I met the...

by detin224

Go to the Presidio, I met the friendliest old woman there who gave me pointers on what to do while in San Francisco. The Fisherman's Wharf was nice but not at all what I thought it would be. I arrived at the Oakland Airport and drove to my hotel in San Bruno. Upon arriving and checking in I was happy with my Hotel suite. I went out bought food to stock the kitchen for my week's stay.
Day one was one of rest. I really wanted to check out the night scene while there, but did not.
My fondest memory was the Hotel I stayed in.

Comments