Argonaut Hotel - A Kimpton Hotel

495 Jefferson Street at Hyde, Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco, California, 94109, United States

Argonaut Hotel
Travelocity Hotels.com Expedia.com

2007

Costs 63% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• jiminthesun's Profile Photo

Plush but Pricey

There's no doubt this hotel, provides a level of luxury and convenience, that many travellers will be more than satisfied by, however I am not sure that this really justifies the price you will pay. If you are prepared to walk just a few minutes away from the bay, you can find almost as good accomodation for half the price. Also this particular Kimpton hotel has the thinnest walls.....so be prepared to hear all that your neighbours say and do...This is one hotel where the online rate was better than the walk in...unlike many!

Directions: Right on Fishermans wharf, can't miss it..

• magictravelers's Profile Photo

Argonaut Hotel

OH BOY! Our first surprise when we got to SF was our Luxurious Hotel. When we were told to stay here, we never imagined what we were going to find.
    It has to be the most beautiful hotel we have stayed in; and our view: ALCATRAZ.
    The most friednly staff, huge rooms with Aveda products and Starbucks in-room stuff included, this hotel itself was a great vacation.

Unique Quality: Aveda Products
    Starbucks Cofee
    Computer access (additional fee) and video games
    Latex Matress
    Down conforters
    DVD
    Views of Golden Gate & Alcatraz

Directions: On Fisherman´s Wharf

• Sandi-2004's Profile Photo

HISTORICAL, BEAUTIFUL & GREAT LOCATION

The Argonaut Hotel is in an historic building -- originally a fruit cannery built in 1907 in San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf and is now a luxury hotel. It has red brick walls and bright and unique nautical decor. WiFi high-speed internet access is in all public areas and meeting spaces within the hotel, a broadband connection in the room and a keyboard and internet access via the flat screen television. You can play your own DVDs inside the room.

Whether you stay here or not, while at Fisherman's Wharf, you may want to stop in and take a look around.

Unique Quality: Located within the Argonaut Hotel is the award-winning Blue Mermaid Chowder House, which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Depending on where your room is, you'll have a view of the wharf and either the Golden Gate Bridge or Alcatraz Island. And the beds have extremely comfortable goose down comforter and plush pillows. The Argonaut's luxury is something you cannot find anywhere else at San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf.

Directions: Fisherman's Wharf at Hyde Street Pier near
    Aquatic Park

More about Argonaut Hotel - A Kimpton Hotel

This hotel is special.

The Argonaut hotel is not the only San Francisco hotel with character; however it has something that most upscale hotel lack. In my recent stay I was amazed by the desk staff. A young man named John was understanding, helpful and appeared to enjoy his work environment and co-workers. This hotel is special.

Best Hotel In San Francisco

My husband and I visited San Francisco over the Christmas holidays and decided to stay in several Kimpton hotels during our stay. Our first stop was the Argonaut Hotel for two nights. It was the best hotel we have ever stayed at in San Francisco. The rooms were large and wonderfully decorated in a nautical theme with exposed brick and wood beams from the former Cannery. We had a great view of Alcatraz Island from our bed, which in my husbands words were "unbelievably comfortable" with the sounds of the bay and fog horns to lull us to sleep. The staff accommodated our every request. It has a great location, near the cable car turnaround, Fisherman's Wharf and Ghirardelli. In my opinion this is the nicest hotel in the Kimpton family, we will definitely stay there again.

I don't know...

I had heard a lot about these Kimpton Hotels, and I was quite excited when I found a good rate on their website for the Argonaut Hotel. It's new, and the staff is reasonably nice (though VERY casual), but there were a lot of excuses for everything that didn't go right: long wait time for parking, understaffed at the front desk (one person only - long wait time again), and the room service breakfast was wimpy for the excessive price, to say the least. The room was relatively small (and narrow), the bathroom tiny, but well appointed. I just don't get the stars, stripes, dots, and competing colors all over the place. I guess that's Kimpton. I find it "loud" and "in your face" - not FUN.

Absolutely Great!

Just returned from 5 nights at the Argonaut Hotel, Jan 14 - 19, 2004.
Researched more than 50 hotels in San Fran based on price, location, amenities and size. I felt I wanted to stay away from the noise of Union Square. I made my decision mostly from reviews by past guests.
This hotel was everything the reviews and hotel web site stated. We had 4 people, 2 adults and 2 kids. The rooms were impeccably clean, spacious and beautifully decorated. The QUEEN (not full) sized beds were so comfortable my wife wanted to buy one. We asked for a room with a view of either Alcatraz or the GG Bridge. We were not disappointed.
Every morning we awoke to a view of San Fran Bay. We paid $150 per night, AAA rate. The staff was excellent. Polite, professional and informative. The concierge was a huge help in making suggestions and assisting with reservations. The lobby was comfortable and had a nice fireplace to relax beside with a drink. This is a new hotel. It is located at Fisherman's Wharf, but at the end near Aquatic Park so it is quiet, but just a short walk to the hustle and bustle of Pier 39, the Grotto and other shops. Hotel resaurant was good. Parking was expensive at $32 per day. Taxi service was quick and plentiful. 1 minute walk to Hyde St. Cable car turnaround and Ghiradelli Sq. and 5 -10 minute walk to Pier 39, Alcatraz Ferry and other attractions. It was a great change from the Hilton, Hyatt, Sheraton routine. If your looking for a medium sized boutique hotel with great amenities at a fair price, this is it.
Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

wonderful

wonderful hotel. All it was promised to be, rooms were spacious, beds were great. The workout room had 2 elliptical trainers as well as a few other machines. Location is perfect neww the cable cars. Good sushi restaurant around the corner and a starbucks nearby

ahhhh... the bed

by TripAdvisor Member keltraveler

I normally stay in the downtown or SoMa area of San Francisco but recently wanted to try a different location this time around and sure am glad I did! Not only is The Argonaut in excellent condition, the service and rooms are extremely comfortable. I had a great night's sleep the entire week I was there in the comfortable beds and bedding.
The gentleman at the front desk upon check-in was great and so are the other employees I encountered during my stay there. Yes, parking fee is high, but you really don't need a car in San Francisco for the cable car stop is across the street and conviently passes through the city for great exploring. High speed internet hook up in hotel rooms are a consideration for me and when it's complimentary, all the better as in the case here. Double paned glass windows that open are another plus.

Argonaut Hotel @ Fisherman's Wharf

by pmerryman

I was wondering if anyone has actually stayed at this Hotel?
When I was in San Francisco 2 years ago the building was still being renovated, but it looks finished now, and very well. I am sure that this building was the old del monte cannery.

Thanks Paul

Re: Argonaut Hotel @ Fisherman's Wharf

by igoaway

You're right. This was the old cannery. It caught fire a couple of years ago while it was undergoing renovation. The Argonaut is part of the luxury boutique hotel chain, Kimpton Group. I haven't stayed at the Argonaut but I have stayed at other Kimpton hotels.

Because it is newer and because it's a Kimpton, it should be top notch.

Re: Re: Argonaut Hotel @ Fisherman's Wharf