Beck's Motor Lodge

2222 Market Street, At 15th Street, San Francisco, California, 94114, United States
Booking.com Tingo.com Travelocity

More about San Francisco

Sausalito square?Sausalito square?

Cramped quartersCramped quarters

The Other Side of the Ferry BuildingThe Other Side of the Ferry Building

Potrero Hill View toward San Francisco BayPotrero Hill View toward San Francisco Bay

San Francisco on Halloween Night

by riorich55

We will be in San Francisco on Halloween night. Staying at the Stanford Court Renaissance. Anything or anywhere to suggest a couple in their 50's go to that night. A ghost walk is a possibility. We are doing Alcatraz Night Tour the following night and the Day of the Dead celebration the night after that.

by Jefie

Hi! Last year we went on the San Francisco Ghost Hunt (http://www.sfghosthunt.com) and had a really good time. The stories were funny and spooky, but also very informative. Our guide was great, and we learned a lot about SF's history and architecture. If you're interested, I'd recommend making a reservation as soon as possible as I'm guessing Halloween will be a very popular night. Have fun in San Francisco!

by lmkluque

You could check in the local papers to see if any of the bars and nightclubs in the area have costume contests. That's usually pretty fun, whether or not you compete.

by Odinnthor

Trust me on this! San Francisco will go absolutely ape$hit on Halloween. The only place that could be better on Halloween would be Lahaina on Maui. Every club, every pub every nook and cranny will be costumed to the max and revelry will be ongoing all night. No other city except for New Orleans, has as much flair for costumes as The City, - y'know, what the locals call it......d:o)

by riorich55

Sounds good to me. We'll have to bring some costumes. We have plenty since Halloween became our second favorite holiday after our second son was born on Halloween in the front seat of our car on the way to the hospital. But that's another story.

by NorCal08

If it's costumes you want, try catching Beach Blanket Babylon at Club Fugazi. Great show. It's about 8 blocks from the Rennaissance down Powell Street.

by riorich55

Yes you're right it is a great show, but we already saw it last time we were in town.

Travel Tips for San Francisco

to know her is to love her

by richiecdisc

San Francisco's Chinatown is the best in the US and like walking right into an Asian city sans flight. We arrived thinking we knew a thing or two about San Francisco. It was my fourth visit and my wife had been on one of those excursions as well. We only had two days to explore and knew mostly we would stick to some old favorites. What we enjoy most is walking around this great town with such varied architecture. Generally speaking, it's also a great climate for walking, not too hot, not too cold. So, we got into town early and though our room was not quite ready, they let us park in our underground spot and said to come back in a few hours. We headed out in our “city” clothes after a couple of months of camping and immediately realized it was roasting out. The combination of the heat and the steep inclines that the city if infamous for had us in a sweat in no time. Though we still enjoyed San Francisco, we made a mental note to not come in summer again.

A few weeks later after conquering the trails of Yosemite and relaxing in Sequoia National Parks, we decided to travel on the 4th of July. My cousin was camping with his family on the northern California Coast and we were going to meet them there. Surprisingly, there was no traffic and we figured we would stop in San Francisco's Chinatown for lunch. It was dead on our path and with the lack of cars on the highway, we were there in no time. The town was empty. I guess everyone was away for the holiday weekend so we got a spot within walking distance of our favorite restaurant and jumped out of the car in hot pursuit of Beef Chow Fun. We were coming from the mountains so we figured it would be warm in town and were wearing shorts. As we walked, we realized it quite windy and soon we were freezing. Minutes later, we laughed as we slurped hot tea in the little Chinese BBQ place we had eaten many times before. We may have known San Francisco better than many but there was still a lot to learn. That was okay with us, we wanted to come back and do just that. And next time, we're wearing layers.

Along the Embarcadero

by mydreamquest

If you go to the Embarcadero BART Station (Bay Area Rapid Transportation system, SF's underground train), walk to the end of market towards the Ferry building and turn left. From there, enjoy a nice walk along the Embarcadero. In the background in this picture, which I took today, after the giants game, is the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. I've lived in San Francisco all my life. But I'd say being in Candlestick Park when Joe Montana threw that touchdown pass to Dwight Clark to beat the Dallas Cowboys 28-27, with 51 seconds on the clock.

Experiencing Chinatown

by meteorologist1

San Francisco's Chinatown, the largest outside of Asia, is for the most part similar to other Chinatowns in other cities. But this Chinatown is the most exciting and festive I believe. Stores after stores, restaurants after restaurants, the hustle and bustle. Local people come and go, doing their grocery shopping, living their lives. There are a lot of activities to do here. There are even official attractions like museums here too. There are a lot of lights at night. And I'm sure Chinatown is the most festive during the celebration of the Chinese New Year (Spring Festival).

Pier 39 has to have the most...

by nursenunez

Pier 39 has to have the most things to do. So many restaurants and shops. I enjoyed taking a cruise around the bay that takes you under Golden Gate bridge and around Alcatraz, lasts about 30 mins. The Bubba Gump Co. (named after a character in the famous movie Forest Gump) is a great place to eat looking over the Bay- absolutely gorgeous view. The Aquarium of the Bay is an awesome experience for children and adults- a must see. I really enjoyed the scenery and quiet atmosphere of being in Golden Gate park at the Japanese Tea Gardens. It was beatiful and so nice to sit at the little cafe and have Japanese green tea and cookies within the beauty of the gardens. It made me want to have one at home.

Take a boat trip around the...

by HelenW

Take a boat trip around the bay. You'll get a great view of Alcatraz and sail beneath the Golden gate Bridge, although the day that I was there I didn't get to see the top of it for the mist! Probably siting on the end of the pier eating a hot dog!! Sounds stange to you may be, but it just seemed to be so perfect.

Comments