701 Post Street, San Francisco, California, 94109, United States

Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 22% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Cheap Hotels In San Francisco

Few months ago, i visited San Francisco with my family on the trip of 15 days. We stayed in a very popular hotel, it named best in that city but on the very first day problem arise in that hotel related to food. There was much difference in quality of the meal they committed earlier at the time of check in. Nothing was up to the mark then we decided to check out from there and seeking for some other hotel in that city. I was really thinking that my trip was going to be like a nightmare.
    I start browsing for the best and cheap hotels over internet and suddenly found www.hotelsdiscountdeals.com, this site was amazing and helped me in finding the best and cheapest hotel in San Francisco. This site not only have good collection of hotels list but having detailed information about attractions, shopping centers and many other relevant details.

Thanks to www.hotelsdiscountdeals.com to make my trip successful.

If you are also planning for a trip in San Francisco, then visit www.hotelsdiscountdeals.com first it will definitely help you in finding the best and cheap hotels in San Francisco.

More about Beresford Arms

A Great Value!

We stayed at the Beresford Arms from Sept 17-20, 2004. We had booked it on-line through their website and got a great deal, $129 per night for a Jr Suite!! The location is great, the staff was excellent, the rooms were roomy and clean. You can tell years ago in the Golden Age that is was a luxury hotel. It is still in great shape. We weren't facing the street and the room did not have AC but it was pleasant enough for us. We traveled with two kids and they really enjoyed it too. I would highly recommend this place.

a sense of history

by TripAdvisor Member nsquare

We visited San Francisco in Sept. of 2004. We are a family of 3. Husband, wife and 12 year old girl. Our favorite thing to do is get the feel of a city and the Beresford Arms allows you to do just that. I love th historic feel of the lobby and how nice it was to get together each morning for breakfast and evening for wine and cheese with fellow travelers. The rooms were very large, clean and the kitchenette was a nice plus. Great location, close to Union Square but in a neighborhood so you felt like a local. I would return again in a minute!

After free upgrade pretty good !

Hi,

I´ve booked the Beresford Arms for a Business trip to Frisco in early Jan 05 over the internet.
When I arrived it was quite cold in SFO and when I came up to the room it was freezing. After turning on the small heater in the room, it didn´t get much warmer. I have detected that the window in the kitchenette was broken and somebody tried to fix it with a towel. Even after keeping the door shut, the small heater was unable to get the room to a somewhat decent temperature. After complaining to the night clerk (an old lady, who was wearing big glasses, but still using a reading lense to read), she offered me another room, but this room was freezing and much louder. So I stayed the first night freezing and spoke to the Manager the next morning. She offered me a free upgrade to a Junior Suite and this was quite good !
The room was spacious, warm, clean and very, very quiet ! Given the price of 90$ it was an excellent deal. The furniture was a bit old fashioned, but in good condition. The location of the Hotel is excellent, no hemoless people outside and very close to Union Square. Staff during the day was very helpfull, the old lady as the Night Clerk was a bit swamped with my complaint and unable to help.

You have to be carefull what room you get, but staff is very helpfull and friendly !

Lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member madgenoir

We stayed here for 7 nights in April, and were pleasantly surprised by the hotel. We asked for a quiet room - and had it apart from Friday night - but apparently this was noise from the hotel next door.

Friendly staff, chambermaids always seemed to know when we had gone out. Walking distance to Union Square, free internet, breakfast, and drinks between 4-5pm.

I wasn't feeling too well one evening, so called reception to find out if there was somewhere that I could get a baked potato - didn't want anything more substantial. After calling around, they couldn't find anywhere, so they asked me to buy a potato, and they cooked it for me. That's what I call adaptable service.

Bit of a shame that we didn't qualify for a discount staying there for 7 nights, but it was a nice hotel in a nice location.

If you go to Macy's, go to the visitor centre on the 6th floor with your passport - they'll give you a voucher for 11% off all purchases at all Macy's for 1 month. Well worth doing.
We loved Lori's diner, and SF is somewhere that I would love to go again - would certainly stay at the Beresford Arms again.

Very pleasant stay

We stayed in this hotel in June, and weren't sure what to expect, but we were very pleased. We contemplated staying in a chain hotel, just so we would know what we were getting into, but felt we wanted to get in the spirit of the city, and stay in an older hotel. First of all, the staff was great, very friendly and helpful. We brought a car, so had to pay extra for parking, but they were very prompt in bringing the car around when we needed it. The hotel is also right on the bus line, so was very convenient when going to ANYWHERE around town. And since we had a CityPass, hopping on the bus was very easy and cash free. We opted for a parlour suite, which was great with 2 teenage daughters who do not want to share a bed. The bedroom had two queen beds, and the living room had a murphy bed, which was very comfortable. The bathroom was HUGE. We did not use the kitchen, but it was available, if we had chosen to. It was clean, and we loved the old hotel feel of the place. The lobby was beautiful, where we ate a continental breakfast every morning. My daughter especially liked the computers available in the lobby, so she could keep in touch with her friends at home. We happened to be at the hotel at 5pm one day when they had the wine and cheese out, and it was enjoyable talking to other guests and the hotel staff. The only inconvenience was the street noise in the morning. If I were staying there again, I would probably ask for a room higher up. But this was minor, and only really bothered us one morning and was part of the excitement of staying in the city.
All in all, we felt very special, and it definitely enhanced our visit to San Francisco.

Very bearable Beresford - even for a wheelchair.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time here. Great location. Right to Union Square, left to Tenderloin - no big deal. Walked everywhere (car would be a pain in SanFran). Staff were helpful. Room was roomy. Slept like sleeping beauty, looked like sleeping ugly. Can mix it in lobby with other guests for free breakfast or afternoon wine and cheese hour. Free Internet PC in lobby was helpful for us too.

For anyone else in a wheelchair, our benched wheel-in shower would accomodate an elephant in a Cadillac! Note the hotel itself has one-step at the main entrance (but does have a level side entrance).

We'll be back for sure!

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member valenshek

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in November and we loved the hotel. The location is really good, it's about 3 blocks from Union Square. The overall look of the hotel is very nice, you just don't see the style of architecture that this hotel has in newer buildings. Everything is very well maintanined and clean. The room was good, it was surprisingly large for a an older hotel, including the bathroom. The staff was very friendly. And the price was great especially considering the location. The only downside for us was the continental breakfast, the selection was very limited. But hey it was free and there are plenty of places to eat breakfast in the area, so we really didn't mind. We would highly recommend this hotel.

A great place to stay in San Fran

by TripAdvisor Member FamilyS4

We stayed in a junior suite last August and as this was our first family visit to the USA were not sure what to expect. However, were extremely pleased to have plenty of room for 4, a spotlessly clean bathroom, and all facilities in small kitchen. Lovely breakfast each day, very conveniently located in the city and staff very helpful. Our children want to visit again and I'm sure we will return to this beautiful city and use this lovely hotel again. Thoroughly recommended!

good value in historical hotel

by TripAdvisor Member kauai744

nice older hotel near union square. good housekeeping. large room with full kitchen. we had xlnt 8th floor corner location with nice view but away from street. watch out for potential noise. however, beds were small and not comfortable, no fitted sheets, poor quality linens. note in room says ask for anything you've forgotten, but when i asked, they had no toothpaste. upon checkout at 615a, i found the front desk attendant soundly sleeping behind the desk, which raised security concerns. liked it overall, but need to sleep comfortably. also, nice asian theme coffee shop (Eura) across street.

has anyone stayed at the beresford arms hotel

by uu2bdd

we are a family of 4 looking forward to our stay in san francisco at the end of the year! would love to hear from anyone, but espcially about the beresford arms hotel on post st. thanks!!

Re: has anyone stayed at the beresford arms hotel

by ycnan

I haven't stayed there, but I usedl to live and work in San Francisico, and some people who were in San Francisco for a conference stayed at the Beresford. It's a small, older hotel downtown that has been remodeled in recent years. The only complaint I heard were that the rooms were small. The hotel is near Union Square and Chinatown. It is a very busy area with lots of traffic. The cable car to Fisherman's Wharf is also nearby.

by uu2bdd

thanks for your reply. i'm kinda of under the assumption the beresford arms was a bit roomy! (mabey since the remodel?) i am also confused because someone i saw that there was a "sister beresford hotel" on sutter st.? we are staying on post st.
also, i noticed you live in san diego, i grew up in san diego. thanks again

by feline01

We stayed there a few years ago in one of their suites, it was huge with a giant bathroom and small kitchenette. There was a free continental breakfast in the lobby which we didn't bother with. The staff were very friendly, it was our wedding anniversary and they gave us a complimentary bottle of champagne and box of chocolates. I would definitely stay there again.

by uu2bdd

thanks for the info, feline! huge bathroom sounds great!

by titti

There are two Beresdorf in Sutter Street, 635 and 860 and one in Post street, 701. I forgot in which one I stayed a few years ago, but I'm sure about the huge bathroom, the excellent location and the great fun I had there. I probably stayed in the cheapest one (860 Sutter).

Comments