Beresford Hotel

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 53% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• Just ok

Entering the Beresford you feel like you have come to a very nice hotel however, we found the accommodations less than stellar. The rooms are very small and the only window faces out towards a nasty gray building. Also, we asked for a Non-Smoking room and apparently that was out of the question as well. Also, I called the front desk to let them know that out TV wasn't working and they suggested that we rattle the cords in the back of the TV or just try changing it manually. Although, it wasn't an expensive hotel I expected a little more than what we got. Although, the bar down stairs was very nice and the continental breakfast was exceptional.

Unique Quality: The Continental Breakfast was outstanding and the Bar itself was very warm and inviting.

Directions: 2 blocks from Union Square

• Safaristars's Profile Photo

Good Location on a Budget

The lobby was fairly nice with a few nice chairs to sit in. We had valet parking added for $20 per night and found that the car was brought around quicker than the 15-20 minutes they quote. The halls and our room had a funky smell - probably due to being built in 1911. We had two twin beds in a VERY tiny room with one small window looking out to the brick sides of another building maybe 30 feet away. The bathroom was ok except for the peeling wallpaper. It had a shower only - but water pressure and temperature was good. One nice feature was a small stocked mini-bar under the TV. A continental breakfast is served downstairs at the adjoining White Horse Restaurant & Pub ~ which was a nice place to stop in for a drink at the end of the day. OK.....here's the creepy part.......a COCKROACH crawled over my arm while laying on the bed. My friend also found one in her suitcase ~ which could have been the same one since the one I saw disappeared when I jumped out of bed. To be fair, I don't know if this is what I should expect for this price range in the Union Square area, but I won't be going back.

Unique Quality: This convenient location on Sutter is a close walk to Union Square.

Directions: Near Union Square. See their website link posted below for directions.

• feline01's Profile Photo

Hotel Beresford Arms

$139.00 for junior suite w/ jacuzzi

Unique Quality: Terrific staff, rooms are large and clean, close to everything in downtown (2 blocks from Union Square). European ambiance with reasonable prices.

Directions: 701 Post Street
    (corner of Post & Jones)
    SF, CA 94109

More about Beresford Hotel

Great Drinks!!

by Safaristars about The White Horse Restaurant & Pub

My friend and I were staying at the adjoining Hotel Beresford and stopped in for a drink on the way back to our hotel. We asked the bartender (Sal......great guy) to make us a Smith & Wesson. Although he had never made one before he created some of the best I'd ever tasted. We tasted quite a few that night (for quality assurance of course) and enjoyed chatting with the small group that had gathered that evening. We were served a bowl of pretzels and a bowl of peanuts with our drinks, so I can't comment on the food ~ but ~ the menu items look good. If you are staying in the area and want a quiet friendly place I recommend it. Ask Sal to make you a Smith & Wesson. It's a Smith & Kerns with a shot of vodka. Yummie!!

Accommodation help please

Hi
We will be staying in SF next april for 3 nights prior to a cruise and 2 nights afterwards.
We have never visited SF before and would like some help with suggestions of where to stay.
We would prefer not to spend more than about $200 per night, but like good quality hotels in nice areas.
Any help gratefully received.
Thanks
janet

by lostsooner55

Try the Washington Square Inn. The web link is: http://www.wsisf.com/rooms.html. Gary

by lostsooner55

You might want to post your question in the San Francisco forum as well. You'll probably get a lot more feedback there. I hope my suggested hotel works for you though. The North Beach is a very interesting area. The City Lights Bookstore, lots of restaurants, and you should be close to the ship. Gary

by pawlett47

Thanks Gary - I will check it out.
Janet

by stephen.g

Hello to find a good hotel at a good price in San Francisco go to http://passport2.worldventures.com and enter San Francisco, CA under Hotel search and check button that searches by price, it will come up with all hotels listed by price. Good luck on your travels.

by onestellarseller

My daughter lives in SF and we've stayed in various hotels, but I especially liked the Beresford Arms at 701 Post Street. Lovely lobby, nice rooms. They have a sister hotel, the Hotel Beresford, but we didn't care for that one as much. Also, there's a search engine we recently used called travel.nextag.com that searches several hotel websites. The url is http://travel.nextag.com I use this in conjunction with www.tripadvisor.com. When I find a good rate, I search on tripadvisor and look at the reviews from people who have stayed there. You have to take some reviews with a grain of salt, but if most people say it's a dive, I tend to believe it. Barbara

by pawlett47

Thankyou for all your replies - they were very helpful.
Janet