Best Inn Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco

2850 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, California, 94109, United States

America's Best Inn San Francisco
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• They over charged me and won't return the money!

I arrived there late and didn't read the receipt until I got home and they had charged me two extra days I hadn't stayed there. When I called the lady was rude and wouldn't refund the money. Not to mention I could hardly understand her and she used profanity. Why would I want to stay there for more than one day, the floors looked like they hadn't been vacuumed for a week, and between the uncomfortable bed and the noise I couldn't get a wink of sleep. Do not stay here, this is your warning please take it!

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

PRICED RIGHT MOTEL

San Francisco is an expensive city to visit. Well, if you don't mind basic then it is not that expensive. One example of pricing is in the Hotel/Motel venue. The old giants of San Francisco can cost as much as 3-4 hundred dollars a night and to be in or near Fisherman's Wharf is pricey as well. So, we have motels on Lombard Street that are in a lower price range and the one where I stayed was on Van Ness Ave, one block east of Lombard.

The Van Ness Motel is an America's Best Inn and has the basics of a motel. I've seen a lot better motels and I won't even compare this motel to a hotel, not even close. But, there are reasons to stay here. A clean bed and close to the bus line that comes by every 15 minutes to take you around this very busy, hilly city. In fact once here, you don't have to drive in San Francisco. The parking is free at this motel and you can't say that at the fancy hotels. The bus and cable car systems can get you where you want to go and they have day passes.

Unique Quality: Close to Fisherman's Wharf and the bus lines are across the street. If you are a walker it is more than doable. Just off the main street to get to the Gate Bridge. The best part is that the parking is free at the motel. If you are budget minded, and with the price of dining out in the restaurants of San Francisco, save some money on sleeping and stay at the Van Ness Motel, an America's Best Inns.

Directions: On Van Ness Ave, one block east of Lombard Street, toward Fisherman's Wharf.

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Close by Fisherman's Wharf.

I enjoyed my couple of nights here, although the traffic noise started a little early, but there again that got me out on the streets at a good time early in the morning. Only a short walk down to the Wharf and not too far from Lombard st. and Chinatown. Before I stayed here in 2003 it was known as the Van Ness motel, changed names and upgraded the rooms. Good sized room with micro wave, fridge and a decent T.V.

Unique Quality: This close to the Wharf and FREE parking !!!! Although I checked out at midday and my flight wasn't until that evening, they let me leave the car there for free that afternoon.

Directions: A half-mile from the Wharf area.

Comments