Casa Luna SF

4058 17th St, San Francisco, California, 94114, United States
Casa Luna San Francisco Castro
Booking.com eDreams

More about San Francisco

My wife ready for some sweet treatsMy wife ready for some sweet treats

Sea lions lazing around on a sunny afternoonSea lions lazing around on a sunny afternoon

One of the Cell BlocksOne of the Cell Blocks

View Downtown from Top of Potrero HillView Downtown from Top of Potrero Hill

VTers get together?

by llauraa

Dear all, I will be in San Fran from 29 Sep to 6 Oct and wondering if any VTers would like to catch up, or if there are any VT functions happning around this time and in the area, or any other fellow travellers like me who will be making like a tourist and wouldnt mind a sightseeing companion? Feel free to email on here if anyone will be in the area. Happy Travels everyone

by Agraichen

Normally I'd already have posted a meeting notice, but I'll be traveling that week in Kentucky. I'm sure there are others that might be around though.

by riorich55

I'll miss you by a few weeks. My wife and I will be in SF on 10/31 through 11/2 after visiting Napa Valley and Yosemite.

by lmkluque

I suggest that you pick an evening early in your visit and a place to meet. Then go to the VT Meetings Calendar and post a notice for a VT Meeting there. Also, you might e-mail some of the active VT Memebers who live in and around SF and invite them to join you.

If you have the meeting soon after your arrival you'll have more chance of finding someone who would enjoy touring the city with you.

Take a look at the VT Travelguide for SF, you will see that the people living there LOVE VT Meetings and have a wonderful time at them.

by llauraa

Thanks for the tips everyone. I will do that regarding the Meetings Forum, great idea and yes I will do it early one. Good thinking :)

Travel Tips for San Francisco

San Francisco on Christmas Day

by CelticSu

It's usually rather quiet in SF on Christmas Day, with fewer crowds and less traffic than normal, but there will be things going on in Chinatown and Fisherman's Wharf. Also, it should be easier to catch a ride on the cable cars! Personally, I'd spend some time strolling the neighborhoods (the "Hidden Cities" of San Francisco).

As for restaurants that will be open - check on OpenTable.com. You can find out what's open and also a price range.

San Francisco is my all-time favorite city! And it's even more charming during its quiet times, like Christmas Day, or early in the morning when the trucks are making their deliveries of fresh produce to the little neighborhood groceries!

Dressing in Layers

by karin1972

San Francisco is one AMAZING city, which has so much to offer. There are many great restaurants (i.e. around Chinatown, Little Italy/North Beach, Mission District, etc) and cultures to experience. The architecture ranges from victorian to ultra modern and the political atmosphere is mainly liberal. Whatever you're into, I can almost guarantee there is a group of people in San Francisco which will happily call you one of their own. I will never forget the feelings I experienced every time I drove on the Golden Gate or Bay Bridges...Such incredible views and sceneries---breathtakingly beautiful, in my opinion. I was fortunate to call San Francisco my temporary home, while in graduate school from 1996-2001. I would love to have a few more years of living there, and experiencing all that I missed during that time.

Through the Looking Glass.

by Guantanamera

From my perspective, VT was like a new kind of looking glass... And that's why I chose the motif for my journey... Having met people through VT, having seen their worlds, I wanted to enter into them, and experience their lives, their realms... Or to use a pop culture reference, I was like Spock at Sarpeidon...

Visit the Golden Gate Bridge:...

by HKBoy

Visit the Golden Gate Bridge: there's good view-points at either side, and if you are feeling energetic, you can walk or cycle from one end to the other. If you come by car, the bridge gets quite busy and queues are common. There's also a toll charge on each of the bridges.

Alcatraz is a good visit as well, but booking is advisable as the tour is very popular. Alcatraz has been featured in a few films and was a high-security prison on an island. Now closed, the tour includes the ferry-ride out to the island. Is Fisherman's Wharf and the famous Cable Car's.

Take a cable car ride and it...

by ameritalian

Take a cable car ride and it MUST be the Hyde Street line! Incredible views, hills, small streets...the essence of a cable car ride. Standing at Coit Tower with its incredible views of the Bay and hills.

Comments