Value Score No Data
Good For Couples
Best deal in SF
Hotel rooms have been refurbished and beds are very comfortable, parking is free(which can cost up to $40 at most hotels in SF), and it's located in one of the best neighborhoods with good food and bars nearby. Request an inside or alley room to cut down on noise from Lombard St. I stay here on all my business trips
Unique Quality: Price, comfort and good location
Chelsea Motor Inn
The city's 3 grand marquee hotels
- the Westin St. Francis, Mark Hopkins, and Fairmont, 950 Mason St., San Francisco 94108; (877) 441-1414; www. fairmont.com. They have promotions, for example, the hotel offers a "Third Night Free" package that includes two nights starting at $189 per night and a complimentary third night. Try a martini at the Mark... catch a cable car to the summit of Nob Hill, 30 minutes before sunset, ridde the elevator to the 19th floor of the Mark Hopkins Hotel. All of San Francisco lay at our feet. Sitting by the window called Weeper's Corner - from where wives and girlfriends once watched their men sail off to war.
There are many boutique hotels surrounding Union Square - like Monticello Inn, a few steps from the Powell Street cable car line, 127 Ellis St., San Francisco 94102; (800) 669-7777 or (415) 392-8800; www.monticelloinn.com. We paid $139 plus tax midweek for a two- room suite. Standard rooms are available from Expedia and other online sites for $119 midweek.
Unique Quality: The Marina District is as close to a neighborhood 'feel' as you can get. It's the best weather & atmosphere in the City.
Fisherman's Wharf and Union Square are nice places to visit, and sometimes those hotels 'make you an offer you can't refuse'.
But for 'recharging your batteries' after a long day, your SF experience will be better if you stay in a neighborhood, close to the 'locals', especially if you're staying longer than a couple of days.
Also, see my GENERAL TIPS section for more online research help -
For example - FOR BEST HOTEL DEALS, my favorite is http://travelocity.com (but you still need to shop around, there is NOT ONE best online source for hotel rates)
Another favorite is Priceline. First go to their biddingfortravel for help and tips on bidding. A friend landed a 4* hotel (Westin St Francis right on Union Square) for $65 a night.
Directions: 2095 Lombard Street@Fillmore Street in the sunny Marina District. Go to www.chelseamotorinn.com
More about Chelsea Motor Inn
hello. i need help.next summer i'd wanna visit san francisco but reading my city-guide, i didn't understand where is the best location for the hotel?is it downtown??or fisherman's wharf???
do you know an hotel with good price and nice stay????
RE: s.francisco hotels
When I was a tourist here, I generally stayed near Union Square. Some hotels you might want to look into are Hotel Diva, the Warwick Regis, the Handlery, the Parc 55 and the Villa Florence.
RE: s.francisco hotels
Columbus Motor Inn, Chelsea Motor Inn, Marina Motel
Popular Hotels in San Francisco
665 Bush Street, San Francisco
433 Powell Street, San Francisco
500 California Street, San Francisco
191 Sutter Street & Kearny Street, San Francisco
Explore the World
- Westin New York Times Square
- Fairfield Inn By Marriott Greenville
- Mabini Mansion Manila
- Olimpo Court Hotel
- Jolly Hotel Midas
- Golden Horn Hotel Sultanahmet
- The Islander Resort
- AmeriSuites Las Colinas/Hidden Ridge Irving
- Hilton Melbourne South Wharf
- Hotel Vintage House
- New Kings Hotel
- Jefferson House
- Aleenta Resort & Spa Phuket Phangnga
- Royal Century Hotel, Dai-Ichi